Could someone please explain to me why I should

Pete

1. Removing tax breaks for companies that move jobs out of the country, and creating more tax incentives for those companies that create domestic jobs.

2. Federal funding of embronic stem cell research.

3. Determining who will be nominated to be on the Supreme Court, which gets into many issues regarding civil and personal rights.

4. Restored credibility in international relations, and someone who is willing to actively seek support from our traditional allies.

5. Actively restarting negotiations on the Israeli-Palestinian issue, and reestablishing America as a fair broker. Appointed Richard Holbrooke or Bill Clinton to lead the negotiations would be a plus.

6. Allowing for the importation of prescription drugs from Canada and allowing Medicare to negotiate rates with their suppliers.

7. I want a president who has the knowledge and experience to analyze the facts and make the right final decisions, and who doesn't have to rely on those around him to make those assessments for him.

8. New leadership in the FCC that will not try to further restrict free speech and will scrutinize the increasing monopolies in the media.

9. Reversal of the tax breaks for the top bracket to start to pay for programs that are currently being charged on the American credit card. This top bracket did quite well when the rates were higher.

10. A new Secretary of State, possibly Joe Biden, who will not be minimalized and dismissed, but will have real input to balance our foreign policy to once again include diplomacy.

1. Removing tax breaks for companies that move jobs out of the country, and creating more tax incentives for those companies that create domestic jobs.

6. Allowing for the importation of prescription drugs from Canada 

96355[/snapback]

Not to flame, but aren't you contradicting yourself with these two items? You want to create domestic jobs, but outsource prescription drugs to another country. That would reduce the American workforce in that sector, no?

hey hey hey - we finally got a real response. Although I disagree with Joe on most of these, you gotta give him credit.

Some of these though are very fuzzy. I mean it's easy to say:

. Removing tax breaks for companies that move jobs out of the country,

but what does that really mean? Do you think we currently have tax breaks for companies that ship jobs overseas? We don't. If a company moves a job overseas they don't have to pay s.s. taxes and the like, but that's not really a tax break.

Then you get to this bit:

and creating more tax incentives for those companies that create domestic jobs.

Again, another nebulous concept. Ok, so if I hire more people here at my factory in the U.S., you are going to give me a tax break. Excellent!!! Except, when big American companies do that, and they get tax breaks, people flip out and talk about how terribly evil big business is with all of their tax breaks.

4. Restored credibility in international relations, and someone who is willing to actively seek support from our traditional allies.

Got news for you - France and Germany were on the take from Iraq. That's why they didn't support us. That and the fact that deep down they want the U.S. to be taken down a peg or two in the world order.

Again, at least you had some real answers.

So I am supposed to waste my time and explain to a Bush supporter my reasons for voting fot Kerry? No thanks.

96339[/snapback]

You would be wasting your time ... you'd probably have to think all day of a reason for someone to vote for Kerry.

Given how many companies he and his wife own outside the country, I'll be real interested to see if he really does this.

I'm also curious as to whether he plans to show the rest of us how to only pay 12.5% tax on our income. I'm REALLY looking forward to that because I can use that extra 25% I've been paying.

Not to flame, but aren't you contradicting yourself with these two items? You want to create domestic jobs, but outsource prescription drugs to another country. That would reduce the American workforce in that sector, no?

96377[/snapback]

I think he actually means the re-importation of drugs from Canada that are already manufactured in the US (or whichever country that the US drug company chose to outsource them to).