TRADING AND DRAFTING A RB...

By trading away Marshawn Lynch and drafting Chris "Beanie" Wells in the 1st round, the Buffalo Bills front office should consider the possibility of helping themselves and two other teams that aren't competitors in the AFC...the Detroit Lions and the Seattle Seahawks.

Buffalo trades its 1st round #11 pick (trade value 1,250) and its 3rd round #75 pick (trade value 215) to the Detroit Lions for their 1st round #20 pick (trade value 850) and their 2nd round #33 pick (value 580).

How does Detroit benefit?

Detroit would then have picks #1 and #11. Detroit can likely get their future quarterback in Stafford or Sanchez likely with the #11 pick. Detroit can then use their first round pick on either on a top offensive lineman, linebacker or grab the safest and most talented defensive player in the draft, Aaron Curry. Detroit also would then have two third round picks. This would be a great start for Detroit. Yes, they are the worst run franchise in the NFL, but this would be a great start for a team that has struggled more than Buffalo the last 10 years.

How does Buffalo benefit?

Buffalo doesn't have to commit #11 pick money to an offensive or defensive position of need at such a high pick. defensive player that isn't worth drafting this high. Buffalo can still pick a competitive player with the 20th pick. And, Buffalo picks up pick #33 which is basically another 1st round pick. Buffalo then has the flexibility of filling positional needs with picks #20, #33 and their own second round pick, pick #42.

Buffalo then trades Marshawn Lynch to the Seattle Seahawks for their second round pick, pick #37.

How does Seattle benefit?

Seattle will become a lot more competitive in a weak division with Marshawn Lynch at RB and with their recent acquisition of T.J. Housmanzadah at WR. Seattle does lose their second round pick, but they need a RB badly and Lynch for a second round pick is of great value to them considering Beanie Wells and Knowshown Moreno will be off the board. Seattle then doesn't have to reach for them with their 1st round pick at #4. Seattle can then pick a top DE or OL to rebuild. Or, they could make their offense even more alive by adding Crabtree to T.J. and Lynch.

How does Buffalo benefit

Trust me, Lynch will be disciplined by the NFL. There is no way Buffalo brought in Taylor, Jones, and Foster just for the fun of it. Lynch will get some sort of suspension. The guy is a cancer...seriously. Buffalo gets rid of a highly talented player that will either run himself out of the league, will grow tired of playing in Buffalo or maybe he will flourish in a different environment such as Seattle. Buffalo gets another high second round pick at #37.

3 Teams greatly benefit. Detroit needs are met. Seattle's situation improves. Buffalo gets more draft picks to fill holes not filled in Free Agency.

Buffalo's 2009 Draft :wallbash:

1st Round #20 from Detroit--Chris "Beanie Wells" (best RB in draft, nice 1-2 punch with Jackson)

2nd Round #33 from Detroit--Alex Mack (top C in draft, allows Buffalo to use Hangartner as backup or as a guard)

2nd Round #37 from Seattle--Robert Ayers (DE, high quality 4-3 player helps out a very weak Defensive Line)

2nd Round #42 Buffalo's pick--Jared Cook (TE, top 3 at his position, fast, can stretch field)

Buffalo's top needs of DE/C/TE are met while also ridding Buffalo of Lynch and replacing him with the best RB in the class.

Buffalo can then use their 4-7 round picks for depth at guard, safety, and the DT/DE position

Thoughts and comments

Note: If you disagree, I'm cool with that. But, please come back with some real thought and analysis.

Wow, that's a lot to digest...good job though.

I would say that I love the trade scenario with Detroit. The Bills would have to wait until their pick at 11 before making the trade of course. Barring an unforeseen circumstance they could then pull the trigger on the trade.

I would anticipate that at #11 the Bills will have their pick of several players that they would just as soon take later on. Guys like Pettigrew, Mack, Jerry, etc. So I love moving back nine spots and then picking up the #34 pick. To have three picks between 20 and 42 would be great. And it makes sense for Detroit as well.

I would not do the Lynch trade as I personally haven't given up on the guy and I think his trade value might be pretty low right now anyways. In addition I'm not a Beanie Wells fan. The consensus is that there are a lot of decent runners in this draft but none of them are premier players, blue chippers. So I don't like that part of your scenario. It seems like Seattle will have one of the top backs available at #37 IMO. Unless they like Lynch a lot better than who is available I don't see their motivation for making the trade.

As far as you draft selections,

I would take Pettigrew happily at #20 even though I wouldn't want him at #11.

I agree with Mack at #33 providing he gets by the Steelers at #32.

In my scenario we don't have pick #37 because we don't trade Lynch.

And at #42 I'd have to go with my pet sleeper, Ziggy Hood or Peria Jerry because we filled our TE need at #20.

I think it could make sense for Detroit and us on that trade. If you think Bills fans are down on their team, imagine trying to get fired up for the upcoming Lion season. Plus Detroits economy is about as bad as you can get, the Lions really need 2 impact players and especially at QB to give their fans some hope. I get the impression Stafford is slipping on draft boards due to questions about his accuracy. Plus Sanchez is catching up to Stafford, and there is a big dropoff after those 2. If the Lions could get a Curry at no.1(the safest pick in the draft), and one of the Qbs at 11 it could be a good move.

I would do the Lynch trade also but I dont think the Seahawks do it. Who knows if the league drug tested him. In the age of Pacman Jones and Michael Vick, i dont think teams are eager to overlook this stuff, its another strike. If they would do it, I wouldnt take a runningback. Id be happy filling needs with all those picks and going in to the year with Fred Jackson and a FA signing. Just because Fred wasnt a high pick doesnt mean he cant be the feature back, just ask the Steelers with Willie Parker. Bills could end up with TE Pettigrew at 20....best center at 33(Mack or Unger) with Detriots 2nd, defensive end (Connor Barwin or Robert Ayers) with Seatles 2nd and Ziggy Hood DT with our own 2nd. Plus you dont overpay for 2nd round picks. Fills a lot of needs without overpaying overpriced free agent talent.

I think it could make sense for Detroit and us on that trade. If you think Bills fans are down on their team, imagine trying to get fired up for the upcoming Lion season. Plus Detroits economy is about as bad as you can get, the Lions really need 2 impact players and especially at QB to give their fans some hope. I get the impression Stafford is slipping on draft boards due to questions about his accuracy. Plus Sanchez is catching up to Stafford, and there is a big dropoff after those 2. If the Lions could get a Curry at no.1(the safest pick in the draft), and one of the Qbs at 11 it could be a good move.

I would do the Lynch trade also but I dont think the Seahawks do it. Who knows if the league drug tested him. In the age of Pacman Jones and Michael Vick, i dont think teams are eager to overlook this stuff, its another strike. If they would do it, I wouldnt take a runningback. Id be happy filling needs with all those picks and going in to the year with Fred Jackson and a FA signing. Just because Fred wasnt a high pick doesnt mean he cant be the feature back, just ask the Steelers with Willie Parker. Bills could end up with TE Pettigrew at 20....best center at 33(Mack or Unger) with Detriots 2nd, defensive end (Connor Barwin or Robert Ayers) with Seatles 2nd and Ziggy Hood DT with our own 2nd. Plus you dont overpay for 2nd round picks. Fills a lot of needs without overpaying overpriced free agent talent.

Ummmm, one problem with this. Which free agent RB is going to sign with Buffalo? Perhaps some teams 40 year old 3rd stringer?

By trading away Marshawn Lynch and drafting Chris "Beanie" Wells in the 1st round, the Buffalo Bills front office should consider the possibility of helping themselves and two other teams that aren't competitors in the AFC...the Detroit Lions and the Seattle Seahawks.

Buffalo trades its 1st round #11 pick (trade value 1,250) and its 3rd round #75 pick (trade value 215) to the Detroit Lions for their 1st round #20 pick (trade value 850) and their 2nd round #33 pick (value 580).

Detroit would then have picks #1 and #11. Detroit can likely get their future quarterback in Stafford or Sanchez likely with the #11 pick. Detroit can then use their first round pick on either on a top offensive lineman, linebacker or grab the safest and most talented defensive player in the draft, Aaron Curry. Detroit also would then have two third round picks. This would be a great start for Detroit. Yes, they are the worst run franchise in the NFL, but this would be a great start for a team that has struggled more than Buffalo the last 10 years.

Buffalo doesn't have to commit #11 pick money to an offensive or defensive position of need at such a high pick. defensive player that isn't worth drafting this high. Buffalo can still pick a competitive player with the 20th pick. And, Buffalo picks up pick #33 which is basically another 1st round pick. Buffalo then has the flexibility of filling positional needs with picks #20, #33 and their own second round pick, pick #42.

Buffalo then trades Marshawn Lynch to the Seattle Seahawks for their second round pick, pick #37.

Seattle will become a lot more competitive in a weak division with Marshawn Lynch at RB and with their recent acquisition of T.J. Housmanzadah at WR. Seattle does lose their second round pick, but they need a RB badly and Lynch for a second round pick is of great value to them considering Beanie Wells and Knowshown Moreno will be off the board. Seattle then doesn't have to reach for them with their 1st round pick at #4. Seattle can then pick a top DE or OL to rebuild. Or, they could make their offense even more alive by adding Crabtree to T.J. and Lynch.

How does Buffalo benefit

Trust me, Lynch will be disciplined by the NFL. There is no way Buffalo brought in Taylor, Jones, and Foster just for the fun of it. Lynch will get some sort of suspension. The guy is a cancer...seriously. Buffalo gets rid of a highly talented player that will either run himself out of the league, will grow tired of playing in Buffalo or maybe he will flourish in a different environment such as Seattle. Buffalo gets another high second round pick at #37.

3 Teams greatly benefit. Detroit needs are met. Seattle's situation improves. Buffalo gets more draft picks to fill holes not filled in Free Agency.

Buffalo's 2009 Draft :wallbash:

1st Round #20 from Detroit--Chris "Beanie Wells" (best RB in draft, nice 1-2 punch with Jackson)

2nd Round #33 from Detroit--Alex Mack (top C in draft, allows Buffalo to use Hangartner as backup or as a guard)

2nd Round #37 from Seattle--Robert Ayers (DE, high quality 4-3 player helps out a very weak Defensive Line)

2nd Round #42 Buffalo's pick--Jared Cook (TE, top 3 at his position, fast, can stretch field)

Buffalo's top needs of DE/C/TE are met while also ridding Buffalo of Lynch and replacing him with the best RB in the class.

Buffalo can then use their 4-7 round picks for depth at guard, safety, and the DT/DE position

Thoughts and comments

Note: If you disagree, I'm cool with that. But, please come back with some real thought and analysis.

wow. You just wasted a good hour+ of your life. feel any better?

How does Buffalo benefit

Buffalo's 2009 Draft :thumbsup:

Thoughts and comments

Are you serious? A cancer? Everyone in the locker room loves "Beastmode". I've never heard anyone say he was an a-hole or self centered or any type of a disfunctional player. All of the talk about him from other players and coaches has been positive. Is he a little immature and irresponsible at this point? Yes, but how many 22 year old guys from a rough upbringing that gets millions of $'s doesn't do something stupid at one point or another? It's a rarety if they don't. NBA, NFL, MLB, you hear the stories all of the time. I'm not justifying his actions, I'm just saying that stuff happens. Second, he's ALWAYS talked great about the city of Buffalo since he got here. He is not Willis so don't get it twisted. He also doesn't need a change of scenery to "thrive", he needs an OL that's consistently good. He's rushed for 2,151 yards and 15 TD's in his first 2 seasons behind a mediocre OL at best. He also had 47 catches this past season for 300 yards and a TD. He's young, is going to get even better, and is one of the better RB's in this league already. Trade him away :huh: Let me think about it......uhhhhh, no :lol:

Next up, Beanie won't even be on the board at #20. San Diego or the NY Jets will swipe him before us if we did pull the trigger on what you want to do. New York seems more likely with the tread on Jones' tires growing thin. One team could possibly grab him for another just to leave us screwed. That would also be our luck as well. Also, Wells is not a lock to even be as good as Marshawn. He could flop just like any other draft pick. It's not a good idea to trade away a young player on the rise for a player that you have no idea what you're going to get or if he'll even be there waiting for you for that matter.

Why should we trust you regarding your assessment of Lynch? It seems to not be supported by anything I have heard from his teammates who give no indication he is a cancer as a teammate. In fact, on the field he clearly displays a never go down on the first hit and get at least positive yardage on most plays which would seem to be the opposite of being a cancer to his teammates.

He seems to eat at you as a fan, but he certainly seems to have caught the fancy of many fans who revel in the Beastmode reputation.

By logging over 1,000 yards each of his first two years and even slipping into the Pro Bowl as an alternate this also seems to run counter to a need to get rid of him.

I think he is good but not great if he is replaced by a proven commodity but you make no case to trust you.

How does Buffalo benefit

Buffalo's 2009 Draft :lol:

Thoughts and comments

"By trading away Marshawn Lynch and drafting Chris "Beanie" Wells in the 1st round..."

Beanie Wells for Lynch?? Injury prone, rookie RB for a young, established, top 10 NFL RB??? No way...that's a downgrade for the Bills.

"Detroit would then have picks #1 and #11...Buffalo doesn't have to commit #11 pick money to an offensive or defensive position of need at such a high pick."

So, the Bills don't "have to commit #11 pick money to an offensive or defensive position of need" but Detroit's going to commit those resources to the #11 AND the #1 overall?! People on this board rag on the Bills for being a cheap franchise yet the Lions are historically one of the cheapest in the league. No team is going to want to commit that kind of money to two top 11 picks, let alone the Lions. Not realistic in the least.

"Buffalo then trades Marshawn Lynch to the Seattle Seahawks for their second round pick, pick #37...The guy is a cancer...seriously. Buffalo gets rid of a highly talented player...Buffalo gets another high second round pick at #37."

A 2nd Rounder for a young, Pro Bowl RB who has yet to reach his full potential? No thanks. A cancer?? Are you for real? Every indication is that Lynch is loved inside the lockerroom. He's committed a couple of misdemeanors. He hasn't robbed, raped, beaten, or killed anyone. The NFL is loaded with talented players who aren't choirboys but also aren't scumbags either. Lynch falls into that category. Nice job of sensationalizing to try and prove your point.

"Buffalo gets more draft picks to fill holes not filled in Free Agency...Buffalo's top needs of DE/C/TE are met while also ridding Buffalo of Lynch and replacing him with the best RB in the class."

I don't have a problem with the Bills trading down to acquire more picks. That's about the only thing you said that I agree with or even makes any realistic sense. Basically, what you've proposed is this:

The Bills trade the #11 and Lynch for Wells (#20), Mack (#33), & Ayers (#37). So, they're using their 1st Rounder on an unestablished, injury prone, rookie RB who's not even the consensus best RB in the draft and getting rid of a young, stud RB?? They already have a franchise RB. Using this pick on a RB is a downgrade (lateral, at best). They use the #33 on a center here? After they signed Hangartner to fill that role. I love Mack but he's a luxury there. Again, a lateral, at best. How exactly are they using "more draft picks to fill holes not filled in Free Agency"? They had RB and C already filled. You just used their first two picks on a rookie RB and a rookie C. So now they've gone from having the #11 to having the #37. Brilliant way to fill your holes. Sorry, but you didn't think this thru beyond a fantasy football trade. It's not realistic or smart for the Bills. Nice try, Skippy.