We MIGHT be signing

chetsap

My buddy is a Cheifs fan and he just text me that we are LB Pat Thomas. Don't know if it is true or not... we will see.

The Marv era is coming full circle, complete with a dozen insignificant free agent signings. No doubt in the name of creating competition on the roster.

The Marv era is coming full circle, complete with a dozen insignificant free agent signings. No doubt in the name of creating competition on the roster.

Which one. The one where he went to the Superbowl four years in a row or the one where he helped get us out of Salary Cap HELL and in to somewhat of a competitive team. That is young and on the rise.

Which one. The one where he went to the Superbowl four years in a row or the one where he helped get us out of Salary Cap HELL and in to somewhat of a competitive team. That is young and on the rise.

Young yes, calling 7-9 times 3 on the rise, no.

i am somewhat sick of people crying because the Bills are signing backups. There are a ton of backups in the league who are stuck behind entrenched starting veterans and Pro Bowl players. These so called backups could very well be starters on other teams and maybe eventual pro bowl players. I personally like the signing of our new center, Drayton Florance and Fitzpatrick. They aren't Albert Hayensworth type signs far from it but i am also glad we aren't the Redskins. Dan Snyder is banking on there not being a CBA next year. If he is wrong he will have to cut half his team to get under a salary CAP. you don't get to SB's that way.

Please remember that James Harrison was cut 4 times and now look at him. There are plenty of guys in the NFL looking for a opportunity. Pat Thomas could be the next guy and for the money he will get it's a small gamble.

i am somewhat sick of people crying because the Bills are signing backups. There are a ton of backups in the league who are stuck behind entrenched starting veterans and Pro Bowl players. These so called backups could very well be starters on other teams and maybe eventual pro bowl players. I personally like the signing of our new center, Drayton Florance and Fitzpatrick. They aren't Albert Hayensworth type signs far from it but i am also glad we aren't the Redskins. Dan Snyder is banking on there not being a CBA next year. If he is wrong he will have to cut half his team to get under a salary CAP. you don't get to SB's that way.

Please remember that James Harrison was cut 4 times and now look at him. There are plenty of guys in the NFL looking for a opportunity. Pat Thomas could be the next guy and for the money he will get it's a small gamble.

Football is a crap shoot when trying to predict who will make it as a star player. Look at Jim Leanrard. He was our left overs and he did well in Baltimore. It is all about chemistry and coaching with some luck.

Sorry, as much as I respect and admire the one who took the Bills to four straight SB's, your description of his 2 years as a GM is way too kind. He helped get the Bills out of salary cap hell? By signing Derick Dockery to a 49 Million dollar contract? By overpaying Langston Walker, although Walker seems to have come around decently, but not worth his 25 Million. By drafting Donte Whitner when Jay Cutler was on the board, and Lost-man had just "led" the Bills to a 5-11 season as was certainly not "entrenched" as the Bills QB of the future? Sorry, whatever role Marv played in all of that and more, makes his time as GM a hell of a lot worse then "leading the Bills back to a young team on the rise and somewhat competitive." Levy is a Hall of Fame NFL coach, let's just leave it at that.

My buddy is a Chiefs fan and he just text me that we are getting LB Pat Thomas. Don't know if it is true or not... we will see.

Pat Thomas | #55 | MLB

Kansas City Chiefs | Official Team Site

Height: 6-1 Weight: 237 Age: 26

Born: 1/26/1983 Vallejo , CA

College: North Carolina State

Experience: 4th season

High School: Miami Killian HS [FL]

do you expect every signing to be big time 100 million deals? you need backups and role players as well. its better to have these guys than unproven rookies.

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

Sorry, as much as I respect and admire the one who took the Bills to four straight SB's, your description of his 2 years as a GM is way too kind. He helped get the Bills out of salary cap hell? By signing Derick Dockery to a 49 Million dollar contract? By overpaying Langston Walker, although Walker seems to have come around decently, but not worth his 25 Million. By drafting Donte Whitner when Jay Cutler was on the board, and Lost-man had just "led" the Bills to a 5-11 season as was certainly not "entrenched" as the Bills QB of the future? Sorry, whatever role Marv played in all of that and more, makes his time as GM a hell of a lot worse then "leading the Bills back to a young team on the rise and somewhat competitive." Levy is a Hall of Fame NFL coach, let's just leave it at that.

Are tehy up against the cap right now struggling , having to make cuts just to re-sign guys? Right now they are in a comfortable spot where they are no where near the cap

There was no way they were taking Jay Cutler, after the QB they had only started one full year for them. They realised that it does take time for players to develop, and don't have the same "Hot Pocket" mentality that fans do wanting instant gratification.

He took a team that was 5-11 and made them ALOT younger, gave them flexroom with the cap, and they improved to 7-9, which seems to now be a hurdle they have not been able to cross to get to the next level

Are tehy up against the cap right now struggling , having to make cuts just to re-sign guys? Right now they are in a comfortable spot where they are no where near the cap

There was no way they were taking Jay Cutler, after the QB they had only started one full year for them. They realised that it does take time for players to develop, and don't have the same "Hot Pocket" mentality that fans do wanting instant gratification.

He took a team that was 5-11 and made them ALOT younger, gave them flexroom with the cap, and they improved to 7-9, which seems to now be a hurdle they have not been able to cross to get to the next level

mmmmmmmmm hot pockets