Who Will It Be For Bledsoe In 2005????

Who Will Bledsoe be starting for in 2005...There is NO WAY he will be the #2 QB here... TOO much talent left in his arm and with an NFL caliber O-line (one that does not need DT's to help it make plays) he still has another 5 years of starter in him....

Unless Losman is held back on the bench for another year, I see Bledsoe requesting a trade or release at the seasons end.

At this point I see the following teams as REALLY good places.

Mark my words, At least two of these teams will offer him the starting job.

He's got a star quality name and STILL one of the best Deep Passers in football.

Predict what team and why!!!

1.Oakland

2.Dallas

3.Arizona

4.San Fran

5.Chicago

6.Mia

7.Washington (redskins)

8.Bills

9. Other team

I think the major factor determining whether he is still here in 2005 is how he finishes out the rest of the season and the team's record.

If he continues to produce at the same level the Bills likely cut him as a cap casualty after June of 2005 to distribute his salary over a ciouple of caps. Where he goes depends more on who has cap room as this determined where former SB appearers like Warner and Kerry Collins ended up. Timing and the market rather than a simple assessment of need will tell the tale.

He improves his production to some extraordinary level in which case he stays. I really do not see this happening as opponents will have tons of tape on him running the Bills and even the MM offense so he can be nullified. The only way the record and his production does improve to the extraordinary levels necessary is if we have more days like yesterday where the output of the ST, D and the rest of the O is so great that Bledsoe does not need to produce great stats to have us win going away. This can happen against a bad team at home, and if we get better maybe even against a good team at home or against a bad team on the road. Hoever, i doubt we will see this against good teams on the road.

The greatest likelihood is thatBledsoe has some good games and some bad games. Actually underr these circumstances, his fate as a Bill will be determined by how fast JP develops into our QB of the future. I do not expect Losman to be mistaken for Ben RoboQB as he is half a season behind him in current play and actually behind him in development as a QB overall. If he was suddenly Peyton Manning out the box then maybe Drew leaves regardless, but my guess is that he shows good signs but not enough to take the job until nerxt pre-season at the earliest.

If JP is Brady he's gpne. If JP is Ryan Leaf he probably stays.

from what i have seen from him this year...i can't imagine him being a #1 QB anywhere. either he will be the #2.......

(ok...he is already a "#2)

....either he will be the #2 here or not playing anywhere.

I dont' see him taking anyones job. IF he could do that then we wouldn't be running him out of town.

See Bills fans have had a BAD habit of over valueing our players. Bledsoe is a backup in this league. That is it. Now I grant you some team will of course say they can salvage him. Hell Tampa thought they could salvage RJ. Remember the "Now that RJ is with Gruden" posts? I remember how Gruden was going to help RJ and make him the "QB we know he is"

He was promptly cut after one season. Bledsoe is the same way. He is what he is and nothing more.

I could actually see Bledsoe retiring if/when it is time for him to move on. If not, I see the west coast in his future.....all of the teams you list have either other aging vets (Testeverde, Kerry Collins, Brunell) who Bledsoe would have to beat out for a starting job, or they have young prospects that they are trying to develop. If Bledsoe's ego could take it, and the Bills faithfull could bear it, he might be better off just staying on as Losmans' backup (at a much reduced price of course) or hanging it up. Don't forget, Drew Brees will likely move into on to one of those teams. Wherever he goes, barring injury, he will be in the same boat that he would be should he stay in Buffalo. My guess is he will move on to play in warmer weather. When he was on New Engalnd's trading block, weather was mentioned as a factor in places he would prefer to go....

Guest Pete Rozelle
Who Will Bledsoe be starting for in 2005...There is NO WAY he will be the #2 QB here... TOO much talent left in his arm and with an NFL caliber O-line (one that does not need DT's to help it make plays) he still has another 5 years of starter in him....

Unless Losman is held back on the bench for another year, I see Bledsoe requesting a trade or release at the seasons end.

He's got a star quality name and STILL one of the best Deep Passers in football.

1.Oakland

2.Dallas

3.Arizona

4.San Fran

5.Chicago

6.Mia

7.Washington (redskins)

8.Bills

9. Other team

95590[/snapback]

He'll be the starting QB for the Buffalo Bills. The Bills are headed for a 7-9 season that will end on an uptick because of the schedule, and he'll stay.

If NFL personnel guys were interesting in "star quality names," Karim Abdul-Jabbar would have had a much longer career. :D

1.Oakland

2.Dallas

3.Arizona

4.San Fran

5.Chicago

6.Mia

7.Washington (redskins)

8.Bills

9. Other team

95590[/snapback]

He'll be starting in Dallas and in the playoffs again.

i say dallas. i think parcells has a big enough ego that he thinks he can fix bledsoe.he might even be right.if you put drew behind a good line and really commit to the run i am sure parcells figures he can win with him.how about this trade drew and travis for our #1 pick back! go bills

BADOLBILZ Posted Today, 08:27 PM

QUOTE(AirBledsoe11 @ Nov 1 2004, 04:25 PM)

1.Oakland

2.Dallas

3.Arizona

4.San Fran

5.Chicago

6.Mia

7.Washington (redskins)

8.Bills

9. Other team

He'll be starting in Dallas and in the playoffs again.

Here's how i see it......

1.Oakland. Kerry Collins is not why the Raiders are terrible, look at their team.

2.Dallas. Parcells knows Bledsoe, but I think he will go with Henson when he's ready.

3.Arizona. They like McCown, and they want him to develop more.

4.SF. They are on a youth movement, and more likely stick with Dorsey in the west coast system.

5.Chicago. Possible, but if Grossman comes back, they stick with him.

6.Miami. Another possibility, unless they really love Feeley.

7.Washington. They are committed to Brunell.

8.Buffalo. Could happen.

One team who might be a strong consideration is Baltimore. Kyle Boller has not been that impressive. Then again the Ravens have no standout WR's.

1.Oakland

2.Dallas

3.Arizona

4.San Fran

5.Chicago

6.Mia

7.Washington (redskins)

8.Bills

9. Other team

95590[/snapback]

My choice is actually Arizona. Joch McCown really sucks. He's definately replacable and Dennis Green is known for his love of the deep ball and don't forget, he's also known for getting the most out of his quarterbacks. I didn't even think about Arizona as a possible place for him to go until I read it on your post, but it does make sense.

Oakland already has Collins, I realize he's having a bad year, but it's Kerry's first year in a new system, he deserves a chance to redeem himself.

Dallas. Sounds like the most likely place. Maybe too likely.

San Fran. They have a promising young QB in Rattay. Ditto for Chicago. They have Grossman

Miami. They'd rather have Fiedler than immobile Drew.

Washington. Nope. Brunnel IS Drew Bledsoe. BTW, what type of influence will Gregg play on that decision.

Buffalo. Not unless he makes the playoffs. Which we all know is highly unlikely.

Good topic.