Back From The Game

Our seats were in row 1 at the 36 yard line, behind the Bills bench. I saw almost none of the game except through the monitors. This, a nasty cold and the weather did little to enhance my view of the game, but here is what I have to say:

1) It was friggin great to see everybody from and to FINALLY meet R.Rich. The man knows football!

2) MaGee can fly. He passed by us in the blink of an eye. I have blasted TD ad-nauseum about his drafts. This was one he!! of a pick. Seriously.

3) Forget the stats. Big Sam came close to utter domination.

4) Drew is a professional and a good guy. He came over to thank Clements for his punt returns.

5) Schobel and Kelsay also didn't produce numbers, but they played well.

6) London Fletcher is everywhere.

7) No more debate. Willis is it.

8) Ron Edwards is a football player. Btw, he looks to weigh at least 285. I would guess more, but he can move. He MUST be re-signed, and is a bright spot on this team.

I was unable to focus on the OL as I normally do. From what I saw, Jennings played well. Could someone who could see please fill me in on how they did?

Thanks.

Our seats were in row 1 at the 36 yard line, behind the Bills bench. I saw almost none of the game except through the monitors. This, a nasty cold and the weather did little to enhance my view of the game, but here is what I have to say:

1) It was friggin great to see everybody from and to FINALLY meet R.Rich. The man knows football!

2) MaGee can fly. He passed by us in the blink of an eye. I have blasted TD ad-nauseum about his drafts. This was one he!! of a pick. Seriously.

4) Drew is a professional and a good guy. He came over to thank Clements for his punt returns.

8) Ron Edwards is a football player. Btw, he looks to weigh at least 285. I would guess more, but he can move. He MUST be re-signed, and is a bright spot on this team.

I was unable to focus on the OL as I normally do. From what I saw, Jennings played well. Could someone who could see please fill me in on how they did?

Thanks.

95285[/snapback]

Good post. I agree with all of that. I cannot say specifically about the individual line play but this was without question the first game where there were several plays that an actual hole opened for a running back. A wide hole a couple times.

Thanks.

95285[/snapback]

Thanks for that, Bill. When a team struggles like ours, it's easy to find who is playing poorly, but Ron Edwards has been a big surprise for me this year. It's great to be able to pull out someone like Williams or Adams and throw a Ron Edwards in their and see him perform well.

Being right behind the bench - are there any other observations you can pass on from there? Player/coaches comments overheard, demeanor of players etc. etc.

Thanks.

95285[/snapback]

Well...You told us you had a good record at attended Games...and they won!

So what are your plans for the rest of the year? And what about Road Games? :D

Being right behind the bench - are there any other observations you can pass on from there?  Player/coaches comments overheard, demeanor of players etc. etc.

95310[/snapback]

Yes. Look at my thread about TK. The guy is friggin unbelieveable.

Also, Milloy is pure cool. Spikes gets fired up every now and then and shouts at players. Fletcher is playing as hard as anybody I have ever seen, except perhaps Speilman. He is smart, mean, and this football team needs him.

I was behind the defensive bench, and couldn't see nor hear much of what the offense was doing.

good-bye Pat Williams

95423[/snapback]

I am guessing that pat Williams weighs at least 340 pounds. This is NOT a criticism, just a front row observation.

From the sidelines, PW and Big Sam look as if they can barely walk. They are friggin HUGE! That said, during a play, Big Sam looks agile, more agile than PW I must say.

Edwards is a monster, and looks like a little guy compared to these two. Edwards is focused, and we need to lock him up to a contract.

I'm thinking Pat is back next year.

95485[/snapback]

I agree and I know that Pat loves it here in Buffalo. Hopefully he'll be willing to sign for a fair amount. The very good play of Mr. Edwards recently would not be possible without the constant leaning provided by Pat and Sam. I still consider PW to be our best defensive player. It's not really a statistically based thing only. It's also much about the attention paid to him by the opponent.

BTW, Nice post Bill :D (I liked the one about Krumrie too)....