Tim - Please help up get Coles

Of all the needs on this team, can someone explain to me why #2 receiver has all of a sudden become our #1 priority.

Why are you assuming that it is the #1 priority? Maybe you can only do one thing at a time, but some of us have to multi-task. Sometimes that involves taking care of the opportunity in front of you while you chase others.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As for starting new threads calling on our resident ESPN insider, I didn't have a problem with the Waters one, but I wouldn't want to see the board flooded with them. He does have actual work to do, you know. (And FWIW, although he probably would have eventually found that one on his own, I did let him know he was being paged over here.)

I considered pinning an "Ask Tim ..." thread up top, but based on our experiences when we did the same for Lary Bump and Mike Doser when we were partnered with Shout!, those have the potential to get seriously stupid if they're not strictly moderated. Tim, feel free to throw in your .02 here.

For now, I think we'll just ask everyone to use their good judgment.

Unlike this thread ...

Consider it done. I'll call Ralph right now.

Well damn--if you're making the call--how about:

1) Free Beer Day at the Ralph

2) Add in Peppers, Ray Lewis, etc.

3) Bring back Polian

etc....

Thanks for making the call--don't wake him--I hear he's cranky without sleep.

:thumbsup::D:wallbash:

Why are you assuming that it is the #1 priority? Maybe you can only do one thing at a time, but some of us have to multi-task. Sometimes that involves taking care of the opportunity in front of you while you chase others.

Multi-tasking??? I think John Guy would be challenged reading the paper while taking a dump.

Of all the needs on this team, can someone explain to me why #2 receiver has all of a sudden become our #1 priority. I also don't understand the rationale in paying a 31-yr old Laveranues Coles 6 mil/yr (who evidently no other team wants).

Even though I am a huge FSU fan, his best days are behind him and I for one would like to see us use that money to either (a) find a LG replacement not named Chambers/Bell or © extend Peters' deal so that he can afford a GPS unit and locate our training camp or © get a LB not named Ellison to our starter.

So, Tim if you're listening -- I vote no to making that call for Ralph.

Did you see our offense last year? Better yet, did you see our offense when josh Reed went down?

Coles sucks.. I hope we dont sign him

I agree. Certainly not at his asking price of $6M+/year. Maybe at half that he could be a nice #2 WR for a few seasons. Not sure why OBD is falling all over themselves over this guy; Miami certainly wasn't.

I agree. Certainly not at his asking price of $6M+/year. Maybe at half that he could be a nice #2 WR for a few seasons. Not sure why OBD is falling all over themselves over this guy; Miami certainly wasn't.

Well, lets think of it this way, if OBD is falling all over themselves to get him and no one else seems to want him...don't you think a deal would have been struck by now?

Well, lets think of it this way, if OBD is falling all over themselves to get him and no one else seems to want him...don't you think a deal would have been struck by now?

Not if Laveranues didn't want to come to Buffalo and was trying to make an old girlfriend (Miami) jealous. I can just imagine him like "seriously? I'm going to play in Buffalo? How the hell did this happen?? I left NYC for Miami and something went wrong..."

Not if Laveranues didn't want to come to Buffalo and was trying to make an old girlfriend (Miami) jealous. I can just imagine him like "seriously? I'm going to play in Buffalo? How the hell did this happen?? I left NYC for Miami and something went wrong..."

Either way...where do you get that OBD is "falling all overthemselves" to sign Coles?

The deal for Coles is Not going to happen tonight. Ralph is watching "Celebrity Apprentice" and is not to be disturbed.

I heard it was Jim Overdorf's turn to change his Depends and tuck him into bed after his snack of chocolate chip cookies and warm milk at 8PM...next week Russ Brandon is scheduled to do the chores...

They said Wilson could hire outside help, but its less expensive for him to have people already being paid to take care of this...

Either way...where do you get that OBD is "falling all overthemselves" to sign Coles?

From the Newark Star-Ledger (http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/03/safety_jim_leonard_visits_new.html):

"On another front, I talked to the Laveranues Coles camp Sunday and the Bills want him badly. They want to team him with the speedy Lee Evans. Coles would be the intermediate receiver while Evans would be the deep threat. Makes sense."

I've also read that Buffalo was offering more money than Miami was going to offer before they decided to, well, not offer him anything at all. I got the impression they were offering something in the $6-7M range, and to me that's way overpaying for a 31 year old glorified possession receiver on the downside of his career. I'd personally rather go into camp with up to 10 WR's (that's right, ten: Evans, Parrish, Reed, Hardy, Jenkins, Johnson, P.K. Sam, Huggins, C.J. Hawthorne, and maybe K. Washington) and see who emerges.