I like what I see thus far

Dawgg

Not Jumping the Gun in Free Agency

First and foremost, I like the fact that the "inner ciricle" has decided to take its time. We've become all too accustomed to the 12:01AM signing at the start of the free agency period and it hasn't done the team any favors over the past few years. Why bid against yourself? This is why the Bills to overpay for talent like Dockery. There is something to be said about taking your time, allowing the market to develop and seeing where things go. It seems like Brandon has decided to employ that strategy this time around. Waiting will allow the Bills to find some bargains and maybe even take a few calculated risks.

Letting Greer Walk

They placed a value on Greer at 4 yrs $20M so that he has an option to stick around in Buffalo... but it seems like the front office has made a conscious decision to let Greer walk, unless, for some unforeseen reason, he garners no interest on the open market. While Greer vastly outplayed his status as an undrafted free agent, he simply doesn't have the coverage skills of Terrance McGee. Most posters seem to have an inflated perception of his skills... thankfully, the front office recognizes that McGee is more valuable to this team. He hustles on every play, he's a sure tackler, and his abilities on Special Teams speaks for themselves. Has he been beat? Every corner has! But this team needs more Terrance McGees, not fewer of them.

Cutting Dockery

The guy simply underperformed. The Bills wasted $20+ million on him, but it's better to admit a mistake and move on than to continue with a failed experiment.

Making an offer to Jason Peters

If they wanted to move on from Jason Peters, last year was the year... they could have drafted Ryan Clady for added leverage and sent Peters out of town. But this team can't afford to F**k around with the LT position now, particularly with a young QB. Pay the guy and move on.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First and foremost, I like the fact that the "inner ciricle" has decided to take its time. We've become all too accustomed to the 12:01AM signing at the start of the free agency period and it hasn't done the team any favors over the past few years. Why bid against yourself? This is why the Bills to overpay for talent like Dockery. There is something to be said about taking your time, allowing the market to develop and seeing where things go. It seems like Brandon has decided to employ that strategy this time around. Waiting will allow the Bills to find some bargains and maybe even take a few calculated risks.

Letting Greer Walk

They placed a value on Greer at 4 yrs $20M so that he has an option to stick around in Buffalo... but it seems like the front office has made a conscious decision to let Greer walk, unless, for some unforeseen reason, he garners no interest on the open market. While Greer vastly outplayed his status as an undrafted free agent, he simply doesn't have the coverage skills of Terrance McGee. Most posters seem to have an inflated perception of his skills... thankfully, the front office recognizes that McGee is more valuable to this team. He hustles on every play, he's a sure tackler, and his abilities on Special Teams speaks for themselves. Has he been beat? Every corner has! But this team needs more Terrance McGees, not fewer of them.

Cutting Dockery

The guy simply underperformed. The Bills wasted $20+ million on him, but it's better to admit a mistake and move on than to continue with a failed experiment.

If they wanted to move on from Jason Peters, last year was the year... they could have drafted Ryan Clady for added leverage and sent Peters out of town. But this team can't afford to F**k around with the LT position now, particularly with a young QB. Pay the guy and move on.

I like all of your points. We were never going to compete with the Jets and the Skins for the big names. I would love to see the Bills cut or restructure both Kelsey and Schobel. My bet is that the Bills won't do this until after all of the big names are gone so they have an excuse for not spending on the big time FA's.

I agree with everything except for free agency......

We knew we were going to need to overpay in free agency to fill some crucial postitions and should have a couple of guys targeted......paid them...overpaid them if necessary and then moved on to the draft....

You know who looks like they did that? THE JETS

Please tell me when any team has underpaid in free agency. Do you feel the Redskins overpaid for Haynesworth?

I like all of your points. We were never going to compete with the Jets and the Skins for the big names. I would love to see the Bills cut or restructure both Kelsey and Schobel. My bet is that the Bills won't do this until after all of the big names are gone so they have an excuse for not spending on the big time FA's.

Unless they have a clear plan for replenishing the DE position, they should probably stay put. Cutting one of them also telegraphs to the league that they will be picking a DE first in the draft. If they acquire enough DE talent, it wouldn't surprise me to see them cut Kelsay during training camp.... though I suspect Kelsay has compromising photos of Russ Brandon and thus will remain on the roster this year.

Letting Greer Walk

Cutting Dockery

Yeah, they are chugging along at their usual 7-9 pace.

Some enjoy these 7-9 seasons and think we are about to make a leap forward.

Others look at these 7-9 seasons as the ceiling, and with such an inept management team in place making the decisions, we are about to drop through the floor.

Please tell me when any team has underpaid in free agency. Do you feel the Redskins overpaid for Haynesworth?

Overpaid meaning paying more then what another team is offering even if it is just by a little bit......

Now the skins? Well what they do is stupid every year and you cant biuld a team just on free agency......

Just another swift kick in the nuts to us Bills fans by the front office. Expect this time jackoffs are patting them on the back for it......

And you were probably one of the jackoffs that was celebrating when the Bills made a "splash" by brining in Langston Walker, huh? Or Derrick Dockery? How about when the Bills opened the vault for Chris Kelsay? Or when they made a splash in the draft and traded up for John McCargo.

I bet you felt reaaaal good about your team then didn't ya? :lol:

There's nothing wrong with standing pat on the first day.

Letting Greer walk is a mistake...and he is better then Mcgee...

He hasn't signed anywhere yet. It doesn't mean he's definitely not coming back. Another team may not offer enough for him to want to leave.

Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha You got it . Lots of rose colored glasses out there. :lol:

You and I have absolutely no control over the FO moves. So I'll keep wearing my rose colored glasses because I'm a Bills fan.

Overpaid meaning paying more then what another team is offering even if it is just by a little bit......

Now the skins? Well what they do is stupid every year and you cant biuld a team just on free agency......

We can agree on that.

And you were probably one of the jackoffs that was celebrating when the Bills made a "splash" by brining in Langston Walker, huh? Or Derrick Dockery? How about when the Bills opened the vault for Chris Kelsay? Or when they made a splash in the draft and traded up for John McCargo.

I bet you felt reaaaal good about your team then didn't ya? :lol:

There's nothing wrong with standing pat on the first day.

Dockery - I was totally wrong on this one....he was supposed to be a running game mauling guard.

Langston Walker - I still think he is playing pretty well for us......he did pretty well in limited time at LT too

Kelsay - Never did understand that contract when him and Denny are virtual clones of each other

McCargo - You just can test a players heart at the combine.....too bad there is not a test for that

Letting Greer walk is a mistake...and he is better then Mcgee...

please back up your opinion with some facts as to why you think these silly things?

why is it a mistake to let him walk when we have mcgee, mckelvin, youboty and corner?

and...

exactly how and why is greer better than mcgee?

please elaborate...because you make zero sense.