Who was the worst QB in Bills history?

BuffaloPride

Johnson and Losman aren't even candidates. A few other posters have mentioned Defect Dufek, Mathison, and Ferragamo. Considering only folks who had shots to be starters (thus immunizing Matt Kofler and Bill Munson), these guys were the worst possible. Between 1983 and 1985, this troika of misery terrorized our community, and I really hope that you're too young to have seen the horrors that scar some of our memories to this day. Of the three, Ferragamo (who had started a Super Bowl for the Rams before coming here) came with the highest expectations. But I think Mathison was the worst of the three.

Dan Darragh's stats aren't too good, either, but I'm not quite that old. Never saw him play. And I'm not sure he was intended to start--did he start games b/c of injuries?

Dan Darragh .....hands down worst of all time.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to think it was Johnson, but atleast he started a playoff game and put us in a position to win. Losman has got to go down as the worst. His reference to Yoda in his first postgame press conference was classic. God what a boob.

Rob Johnson may not have been the worst. But he was the biggest bust.

He only won 9 games, yet took home $18 million. That's 2 million per win.

In my mind, that makes him the worst.

My crieteria: Started a game (excluding strike game)

Played during my time (1972- on)

#5- Todd Collins

#4- JP Losman

#3- Bruce Mathison

#2- Vince Ferragamo

#1- Joe Dufek

I hate to say it, but upon further review, despite the fact that he has became an institutional joke around here, Rob Johnson was a better QB than any of these guys.

Using similar criteria with my time being 1990+

5. Alex Van Pelt (awful starter but good #2/#3)

4. Todd Collins (awful starter but developed into good #2/#3 with KC/Washington)

3. Rob Johnson

2. Travis Brown (yeah, who :D)

1. JP Losman

Rob Johnson may not have been the worst. But he was the biggest bust.

He only won 9 games, yet took home $18 million. That's 2 million per win.

In my mind, that makes him the worst.

Hey, 2 mill per win is much better than $2 million per SACK!!! Cough, cough Kelsay!!!

Wow, did not know that. You old folks know some stuff. :doh:

Just passin' the torch along, my friend...

I have a vivid memory of the last game that season, hoping, praying for a Buffalo loss. If they won (PHI did lose), it would have ended up 2-11-1 vs. 2-12, and PHI wins the race to the bottom, and gets Simpson.

Leroy Keyes was a heck of a college player - an authentic 2-way player. But fizzled out as a pro.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leroy_Keyes

I guess Im old but Richie Lucas (Heisman Winner) was horrible. I don't think he lasted the year.

and I think Marlon Brisco was oringinly drafted as a quarterback and moved to wide reciever and turned out to be

a pretty good one but others come to mind. Like M.J. Reynolds. Those early 60's teams didn't have a decent quarterback until they stole Jack Kemp from San Diego.