Lions search for CB

billsevans

With the Lions still in search of CB, Jabari Greer's phone may be ringing at 12:01 with the Lions Front Office on the other side. Jabari Greer would be the perfect fit the Lions and they wouldn't have to give up anything to get him, meaning any draft picks. If the Bills were smart about it they should have reached some agreement and then shipped him off and gotten something out of it. But tomorrow don't be surprised if yuou hear Jabari making a visit to Detroit.

Not the top, but definitely a good solid CB who's on the rise and has tremendous potential. He's gotten better each year and still relatively young guy.

Let's not kid ourselves about upside and potential. He's a wonderful football player but he's not a dominating athlete. Frankly, I think he's as good as he's going to get right now. But he's a dedicated and focused enough player that he should be able to maintain that level for several more years.

I think the Bills are making a very foolish mistake to let him walk over a few million bucks. Particularly when you consider the number of times Greer has won games for them at key moments when the rest of the team was struggling. As few games as the Bills are winning, letting a smart, aggressive game-changer like Jabari get away over what is likely to be a relatively small amount of cap space is just flat out stupid. :thumbsup:

Let's not kid ourselves about upside and potential. He's a wonderful football player but he's not a dominating athlete. Frankly, I think he's as good as he's going to get right now. But he's a dedicated and focused enough player that he should be able to maintain that level for several more years.

I think the Bills are making a very foolish mistake to let him walk over a few million bucks. Particularly when you consider the number of times Greer has won games for them at key moments when the rest of the team was struggling. As few games as the Bills are winning, letting a smart, aggressive game-changer like Jabari get away over what is likely to be a relatively small amount of cap space is just flat out stupid. :thumbsup:

Not to worry Brother. Jauron will replace him before you can bat an eyelash.

I don't think it would be a small amount of cap space. Db's are in dire need right now and there aren't many good ones in the draft. Jenkins bombed at the combine and that will help boost Greers price in FA.

just another solid player leaving Buffalo for greener pastures.

Maybe not. The Bills made him an offer so there's still interest. Greer's gonna test the market and see what he's worth. I'm hoping the Bills will match and trade Mcgee. Like I said the draft is weak as far as defensive back and we might be able to get a 2nd rounder for Mcgee.

Maybe not. The Bills made him an offer so there's still interest. Greer's gonna test the market and see what he's worth. I'm hoping the Bills will match and trade Mcgee. Like I said the draft is weak as far as defensive back and we might be able to get a 2nd rounder for Mcgee.

They made an offer to make it seem they were interested in keeping him. I'd add that it was right after Kelvin Hayden received 43.5 over 5 seasons, so offering 4 or 5 yrs and 20M was really an offer they knew wouldn't be accepted.

Buffalo isn't trading McGee either. He's their most dependable CB, and while he's not spectacular he gets the job done. McKelvin is still a 2nd year guy, as is Corner. Losing Greer hurts, but we'll know how much when he's elsewhere to start the 09 season.

They made an offer to make it seem they were interested in keeping him. I'd add that it was right after Kelvin Hayden received 43.5 over 5 seasons, so offering 4 or 5 yrs and 20M was really an offer they knew wouldn't be accepted.

Buffalo isn't trading McGee either. He's their most dependable CB, and while he's not spectacular he gets the job done. McKelvin is still a 2nd year guy, as is Corner. Losing Greer hurts, but we'll know how much when he's elsewhere to start the 09 season.

Mcgee didn't get the job done against Ginn and Edwards. Pay Greer the money, trade Mcgee.