Yes we can,

bills_fan

Grab your ankles....

"Obama’s 2010 budget proposal, released today, would reinstate the top two Clinton-era tax rates of 36 percent and 39.6 percent in 2011, up from the 33 percent and 35 percent the richest Americans now pay.

It would raise taxes on capital gains and dividends to 20 percent, up from the 15 percent.

Obama also wants to reduce the rate by which wealthier people (couples making $250 k a year) can cut their taxes through deductions for mortgage interest, charitable contributions, local taxes and other expenses to 28 cents on the dollar, rather than the 35 cents they can claim now."

Triple whammy.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grab your ankles....

"Obama’s 2010 budget proposal, released today, would reinstate the top two Clinton-era tax rates of 36 percent and 39.6 percent in 2011, up from the 33 percent and 35 percent the richest Americans now pay.

It would raise taxes on capital gains and dividends to 20 percent, up from the 15 percent.

Obama also wants to reduce the rate by which wealthier people (couples making $250 k a year) can cut their taxes through deductions for mortgage interest, charitable contributions, local taxes and other expenses to 28 cents on the dollar, rather than the 35 cents they can claim now."

Triple whammy.

I weap for the wealthy.

Go back to school dipschit $250,000 < $1,000,000.

But wht let facts get in the way of your ignorance.

BTW, let me know if you need a class on what that thingy between the numbers means... :nana:

You should have made this much 2x over if you were bringing in such bacon under the previous Prez, so you know...

The irony of ironies, the people who will most likely be impacted by the proposal live in CA, MA, NJ & NY.

Welcome to the start of a lost decade.

People are truly clueless as to what's transpiring right now.

If this keeps up we're going to lose more than a decade. We might just lose a nation.

Poor rich people. How will couples making more than $250K make ends meet now?

Well, I guess I'm glad I voted WITH my own economic interests in mind.

Hope you did...hope you don't work for a small business....

Many of the folks who report $250,000 or more in income are hardly fat cats: They're hard-working small-business owners who pay taxes on their revenues via their personal income-tax returns.

In fact, in the top two income-tax brackets - the ones Obama proposes to squeeze most heavily - a full 80 percent of filers report small-business income.

Over the last 10 years, small businesses created 60 percent to 80 percent of the nation's net new jobs. By socking it to their bottom line, the president's new tax move will dry up the nation's most fertile source of employment - just as more and more Americans are looking for work.

Article

Didn't really think of that one right?

The irony of ironies, the people who will most likely be impacted by the proposal live in CA, MA, NJ & NY.

Welcome to the start of a lost decade.

Yeah, 4 states that voted overwhelmingly for him. Talk about irony of ironies.

People are truly clueless as to what's transpiring right now.

If this keeps up we're going to lose more than a decade. We might just lose a nation.

lol. I like how you assume that what Obama is doing is not based on research.

I promise he doesn't like taxes any more than you do. He's just looked at history and seen that during our best periods of of economic prosperity have involved some higher taxes (see the 50's and 60's) and some of our worst times have involved lower taxes (see Calvin Coolidge and GWB). I'm sure it's much more complicated than that.. and much more research has gone into it than I have put in.

Obama does not go off of principal or personal philosophy, he goes off of historical event, facts, figures, numbers, research, etc. He consults people who are experts in their field.

Yeah, 4 states that voted overwhelmingly for him. Talk about irony of ironies.

And they won't even be able to hold up signs "Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy" signs on the soup lines.

And here I thought that the deliberate time they took in coming up with the proposals were specifically set not to repeat Japan's mistakes :nana:

More like, "Wealthy" not me, so why should I care? Are you rich and crying for me?

I always find it funny that people who have absolutely no mental or physical ability to get past a certain earning level are quick to piss on people who do rather than look inward on how to improve their income and situation.

The Obama administration was made for people like you. Let the class war begin.

And they won't even be able to hold up signs "Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy" signs on the soup lines.

And here I thought that the deliberate time they took in coming up with the proposals were specifically set not to repeat Japan's mistakes :nana:

Soup lines! HA! Good one! The wealthy go from rich to penniless!