Buy a gun before it's too late

I'm not the one who owns a lot of guns. Those who do are the cowardly people. You can put lipstick on that pig all you want but it's still a pig.

Please explain to me why I am a coward based on owning guns. I tend to think a better judge of courage, or the lack there of, is to see who calls people cowards form behind an anonymous screen name. If you are comfortable making a judgement like that, you have some deeper issues than the ones being discussed here. I would never call someone a coward because they choose not to own a gun. There are many reasons people choose to own or not own guns. On the other hand if you are vocal about how unnecessary guns are, please put a sign in your yard that let's the criminals know they are in no danger if they victimize your family. If you would not consider doing that, you must acknowledge that armed citizens deter crime. I can assure you they are not afraid of your louisville slugger and all your internet courage.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please explain to me why I am a coward based on owning guns. I tend to think a better judge of courage, or the lack there of, is to see who calls people cowards form behind an anonymous screen name. If you are comfortable making a judgement like that, you have some deeper issues than the ones being discussed here. I would never call someone a coward because they choose not to own a gun. There are many reasons people choose to own or not own guns. On the other hand if you are vocal about how unnecessary guns are, please put a sign in your yard that let's the criminals know they are in no danger if they victimize your family. If you would not consider doing that, you must acknowledge that armed citizens deter crime.

That statement reminds me of a time, not so long ago. A liberal poster on this board who was pro-gun control PM'd me because someone in the immediate family was in a relationship with someone who was engaged in criminal activity. The poster was concerned for the family's safety because they'd found something in their home and reported it to the police - who confiscated it.

I was asked my opinion on should be done "gun wise" to protect the family. Laws, training, make/model of firearm and ammunition.

It's amazing how quickly people's opinions change when reality may come knocking at the door. I guess that person became a "coward" too.

You mean because that's a significant problem, right? And the answer is yes. Any magazine fed semi-automatic weapon is capable.

I have a perfectly legal semi-automatic shotgun that can fire 12 rounds in less than 2 seconds. It's more close quarters firepower than any assault weapon on the planet. It's a gun I use to trap shoot. Because of ignorant people like you, someday there will be legislation to ban it.

Because when that ban doesn't work, there will be another one. Just like there was in Britain, Australia, and Canada.

Guess who said this earlier in this thread:

To all of the dickheads who "support" this proposal:

YOU HAVE ZERO CLUE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

There is no such thing as an "Assault Weapon."

Really? Name some.

Every job I've had has banned guns in the work place and I've never seen anyone carry one. Are there people who shoot up work despite that. Yes, but the ban is far more effective than if there wasn't one.

I'm not squirming at all and I don't have to prove to anyone who is lucid that you don't have a clue what you're talking about. You're doing a fine job. It doesn't matter how many times you repeat the same thing, it's never going to be true.

Still ducking the question. Ok, I get it you're incapable of providing an answer, only a snide remark about how I don't have a clue and that the answer is obvious. It's obvious but you can't answer the question? Nice logic there. I guess you have no understanding of the obvious. (ooh here comes the stinging rebuke of "No you don't have a clue")

You mean like in Vietnam?

Vietnam was lost because too many restrictions were placed on the ground troops. All of my friends who were there say the same thing.

You don't have to overtly say it. You're willingly going a long on something you're completely ignorant about.

That's awesome. Just awesome.

Phht. I don't have to overtly say it. So my not saying it means I've said it?! Once again great logic. According to you I've said that I believe nobody should own a gun despite the fact I've said repeatedly in this thread that I don't believe that. Keep taking the facts and twisting them til they support your twisted logic. Maybe someone will think you're a rational person but I don't think anyone with half a mind reading this thread will ever think that.

Guess who said this earlier in this thread:

Ah, so I forgot the quotes around "assault weapon". Do you want a point for that? It'll be your first in the entire thread.

Every job I've had has banned guns in the work place and I've never seen anyone carry one. Are there people who shoot up work despite that. Yes, but the ban is far more effective than if there wasn't one.

THIS is your proof? :D

Still ducking the question. Ok, I get it you're incapable of providing an answer, only a snide remark about how I don't have a clue and that the answer is obvious. It's obvious but you can't answer the question? Nice logic there. I guess you have no understanding of the obvious. (ooh here comes the stinging rebuke of "No you don't have a clue")

Because you don't and you're simply not man enough to face it but will instead keep talking in circles hoping I'll get tired of slapping the crap out of you. Virtually everything you've stated in this thread is based on complete ignorance of the subject. It's like arguing with a epileptic lobotomized woman going through menopause. Wipe off the drool, Madge.

Vietnam was lost because too many restrictions were placed on the ground troops. All of my friends who were there say the same thing.

Is there anything you actually know something about? I do love the "all my friends" agree with me thing - as if that somehow strengthens your "point".

Phht. I don't have to overtly say it. So my not saying it means I've said it?! Once again great logic. According to you I've said that I believe nobody should own a gun despite the fact I've said repeatedly in this thread that I don't believe that. Keep taking the facts and twisting them til they support your twisted logic. Maybe someone will think you're a rational person but I don't think anyone with half a mind reading this thread will ever think that.

FACT: You're OK with banning a hunting rifle because it's similar to an "assault rifle". It was that simple.

FACT: You've openly stated that people who own guns are cowards.

FACT: You've called a ban a "MILD RESTRICTION".

It's not exactly a leap.

Lipstick on a pig. Man you one clever mo fo. Did you just think that up?

If you'd read AD's posts you'll see I took it from him and in fact it's just above the comment I made. So I guess that comment is really meant for AD.

Please explain to me why I am a coward based on owning guns. I tend to think a better judge of courage, or the lack there of, is to see who calls people cowards form behind an anonymous screen name. If you are comfortable making a judgement like that, you have some deeper issues than the ones being discussed here. I would never call someone a coward because they choose not to own a gun. There are many reasons people choose to own or not own guns. On the other hand if you are vocal about how unnecessary guns are, please put a sign in your yard that let's the criminals know they are in no danger if they victimize your family. If you would not consider doing that, you must acknowledge that armed citizens deter crime. I can assure you they are not afraid of your louisville slugger and all your internet courage.

I didn't say people who own guns are cowardly. I said people who own a lot of guns are cowardly. There is nothing wrong with owning a handgun if you feel you need protection. Some people have a legitimate reason for believing that and some are cowardly. Your comment about calling people cowardly from behind a screen name needs to be aimed at AD. I didn't start the cowardly argument until he called those who favor sane gun control laws cowards.

That statement reminds me of a time, not so long ago. A liberal poster on this board who was pro-gun control PM'd me because someone in the immediate family was in a relationship with someone who was engaged in criminal activity. The poster was concerned for the family's safety because they'd found something in their home and reported it to the police - who confiscated it.

I was asked my opinion on should be done "gun wise" to protect the family. Laws, training, make/model of firearm and ammunition.

It's amazing how quickly people's opinions change when reality may come knocking at the door. I guess that person became a "coward" too.

As I stated above some people have a legitimate reason for wanting a gun and some don't. Pro gun control doesn't mean that someone wants to ban all guns just the guns they feel are bad for society as a whole.

If I come to a point in my life where I feel I need one I'll get a handgun and not an AK-47.

Can anyone explain to me the different between a gun and an assault gun?

Are there assault knives? Assault bats? Assault golf clubs? Assault fists?

Seriously. What makes a gun an "assault" gun?

The last "ban" was based on:

Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:

* Folding stock

* pistol grip

* Bayonet mount

* Flash suppressor, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one

* Grenade launcher (more precisely, a muzzle device which enables the launching or firing of rifle grenades) Keep in mind that Grenades/Grenade launchers are illegal - but if your weapon had the lugs for it and a dreaded flash suppressor - illegal.

Semi-automatic pistols with detachable magazines and two or more of the following:

* Magazine that attaches outside the pistol grip

* Threaded barrel to attach barrel extender, flash suppressor, handgrip, or suppressor

* Barrel shroud that can be used as a hand-hold

* Unloaded weight of 50 oz (1.4 kg) or more

* A semi-automatic version of an automatic firearm

Semi-automatic shotguns with two or more of the following:

* Folding or telescoping stock

* Pistol grip

* Fixed capacity of more than 5 rounds

* Detachable magazine

If you'd read AD's posts you'll see I took it from him and in fact it's just above the comment I made. So I guess that comment is really meant for AD.

You didn't "take it from me", hypocrite. You inferred something I didn't say based on a phrase you don't know the meaning of.

Now whine some more about me saying you want to ban guns.

I didn't say people who own guns are cowardly. I said people who own a lot of guns are cowardly. There is nothing wrong with owning a handgun if you feel you need protection. Some people have a legitimate reason for believing that and some are cowardly. Your comment about calling people cowardly from behind a screen name needs to be aimed at AD. I didn't start the cowardly argument until he called those who favor sane gun control laws cowards.

You know next to nothing about guns but feel perfectly fine saying people who own "lots of guns" are cowardly and that a hunting rifle should be banned. I own "lots of guns". I own 10 different shotguns alone. Each one has a specific purpose. Trap/skeet/fowl/game/etc. I also own "lots of pistols" in "lots of different calibers" for much the same reason.

Your opinion on sanity is completely irrational GIVEN YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE SUBJECT.

As I stated above some people have a legitimate reason for wanting a gun and some don't. Pro gun control doesn't mean that someone wants to ban all guns just the guns they feel are bad for society as a whole.

It's nice that you have an opinion on "guns they feel are bad for society as a whole" when it's more than likely you couldn't discern between weapons if your life depended on it.

If I come to a point in my life where I feel I need one I'll get a handgun and not an AK-47.

Because rifles are scarier than handguns? :D

The last "ban" was based on:

Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:

* Folding stock

* pistol grip

* Bayonet mount

* Flash suppressor, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one

* Grenade launcher (more precisely, a muzzle device which enables the launching or firing of rifle grenades) Keep in mind that Grenades/Grenade launchers are illegal - but if your weapon had the lugs for it and a dreaded flash suppressor - illegal.

Semi-automatic pistols with detachable magazines and two or more of the following:

* Magazine that attaches outside the pistol grip

* Threaded barrel to attach barrel extender, flash suppressor, handgrip, or suppressor

* Barrel shroud that can be used as a hand-hold

* Unloaded weight of 50 oz (1.4 kg) or more

* A semi-automatic version of an automatic firearm

Semi-automatic shotguns with two or more of the following:

* Folding or telescoping stock

* Pistol grip

* Fixed capacity of more than 5 rounds

* Detachable magazine

Fine. Where did the word "assault" come from?

Ah, so I forgot the quotes around "assault weapon". Do you want a point for that? It'll be your first in the entire thread.

Yeah that sure sounded sarcastic. :D

THIS is your proof? :lol:

Yep.

Because you don't and you're simply not man enough to face it but will instead keep talking in circles hoping I'll get tired of slapping the crap out of you. Virtually everything you've stated in this thread is based on complete ignorance of the subject. It's like arguing with a epileptic lobotomized woman going through menopause. Wipe off the drool, Madge.

Excuse me? I'm talking in circles.? I've asked the same question over and over. That's not talking in circles. Coming up with several answers is talking in circles. Once again it's obvious but not to you? Take care of the stiffy you've gotten from thinking about your guns gun stroker.

Is there anything you actually know something about? I do love the "all my friends" agree with me thing - as if that somehow strengthens your "point".

Explain to me oh wise one what really happened. If you talk to five mechanics about car trouble and then you tell someone else what they said when they encounter a similar problem it strengthens your point. Trust me.

FACT: You're OK with banning a hunting rifle because it's similar to an "assault rifle". It was that simple.

FACT: You've openly stated that people who own guns are cowards.

FACT: You've called a ban a "MILD RESTRICTION".

It's not exactly a leap.

Fact: You don't get sarcasm about stupid statements you make.

Fact: You believe that people who feel the need for multiple guns to protect themselves aren't cowards.

Fact: You believe that people are coming to take your guns away and that the U.S.A. could be attacked by a foreign country and that the people who own guns will rise up and win the war for us.

Fact: You're a paranoid delusional.

Yeah that sure sounded sarcastic. :D

Sounded? Voices in your head?

Regardless, once again your ability to only concentrate on the minutia belies the bigger picture.

Yep.

So because you didn't see a weapon, the ban worked. Well I guess assault weapons should be legal because over 2,000,000 of them in America will never be used in an illegal manner. You're a !@#$ing idiot.

Excuse me? I'm talking in circles.? I've asked the same question over and over. That's not talking in circles. Coming up with several answers is talking in circles. Once again it's obvious but not to you? Take care of the stiffy you've gotten from thinking about your guns gun stroker.

That's what you're bringing to the table? :lol:

Explain to me oh wise one what really happened. If you talk to five mechanics about car trouble and then you tell someone else what they said when they encounter a similar problem it strengthens your point. Trust me.

I'll pretend I understand what that means.

Fact: You don't get sarcasm about stupid statements you make.

The only way it'd ever be stupid is if you quickly agreed with it. We've never been there.

Fact: You believe that people who feel the need for multiple guns to protect themselves aren't cowards.

Actually, I believe you're a coward. That's a totally different topic. Gun ownership in and of itself doesn't factor in at all. You could own a million guns and I'd still think you're a coward.

Fact: You believe that people are coming to take your guns away and that the U.S.A. could be attacked by a foreign country and that the people who own guns will rise up and win the war for us.

I believe that free men and people who value liberty should defend it from stupid people like you and those you align yourself with.

Fact: You're a paranoid delusional.

Finally, something you can talk about with some actual experience.

You didn't "take it from me", hypocrite. You inferred something I didn't say based on a phrase you don't know the meaning of.

You're a coward and the implication that you're perfectly OK with banning things you have nary a clue about proves that. You can put lipstick on that pig all day long but it's still a pig. Now go back to watching the talking babysitter for further instructions.

So who used the phrase "lipstick on a pig" first? I guess when you said "lipstick on a pig" I mistakenly read it as "lipstick on a pig".

Now whine some more about me saying you want to ban guns.

Who is whining more the guy crying about a gun he won't be able to buy anymore or a guy saying that certain guns aren't necessary in our society. Think about it Boss Hogg it may come to you.

You know next to nothing about guns but feel perfectly fine saying people who own "lots of guns" are cowardly and that a hunting rifle should be banned. I own "lots of guns". I own 10 different shotguns alone. Each one has a specific purpose. Trap/skeet/fowl/game/etc. I also own "lots of pistols" in "lots of different calibers" for much the same reason.

Your opinion on sanity is completely irrational GIVEN YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE SUBJECT.

Ohhh, another stinging rebuke. :D

It's nice that you have an opinion on "guns they feel are bad for society as a whole" when it's more than likely you couldn't discern between weapons if your life depended on it.

Because rifles are scarier than handguns? :lol:

Says the guy who can't discern a reason for owning an AK-47.

OMG ASSULT WEAPONS = ALL GUNS

(idiotic arguments don't get either side anywhere. I'm against it, but jesus christ).

Thank you. I'm glad someone else sees how ridiculous he's being. I've said enough here. We aren't going to convince each other and AD will make up his own interpretations of my words anyway. I'm confident that when rational people read this they'll understand that I'm far more rational and honest in my posts. 'Nuff said.

So who used the phrase "lipstick on a pig" first? I guess when you said "lipstick on a pig" I mistakenly read it as "lipstick on a pig".

You're incredibly lucky that God gave you the ability to breathe involuntarily.

I was referring to your concentration on the phrase "well regulated militia" and somehow turning that into me saying the U.S. Military grants all rights. But you keep going because it's fun to watch what you're going to spin it to next.

Who is whining more the guy crying about a gun he won't be able to buy anymore or a guy saying that certain guns aren't necessary in our society. Think about it Boss Hogg it may come to you.

You're all for banning something that the media is demonizing. It's not based on anything real, just the Frankenstein mob mentality and your inability to think for yourself.

"It does not take a majority to prevail … but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams (I don't expect you to understand the meaning)

Says the guy who can't discern a reason for owning an AK-47.

Says the guy who is afraid of a gun he can't pick out of a lineup.

Thank you. I'm glad someone else sees how ridiculous he's being. I've said enough here. We aren't going to convince each other and AD will make up his own interpretations of my words anyway. I'm confident that when rational people read this they'll understand that I'm far more rational and honest in my posts. 'Nuff said.

That's right folks. Standing up for your Constitutional Rights is now ridiculous.

I own a lot of guns. Muzzleloaders, shotguns, a .22 rifle, pistols and an AR15. They all serve a different purpose from deerhunting, small game hunting, target shooting, and self defense. So I guess you are calling me a coward. It's funny, I have spoken to many people about guns and gun control and it seems the only time anyone has the balls to call a responsible gun owner a coward is on the internet. You probably feel that you are more enlightened than the common "gun nut", but the speed at which you are willing to judge someone's character based on their posessions would say otherwise. I don't think I will change your mind on this issue since your views seem to based solely on emotion rather than facts.

Fine. Where did the word "assault" come from?

In military terms, an "assault rifle" is a gun that fires a rifle-caliber bullet at or near a rifle's muzzle velocity but trades off range for volume of fire. The archtypes of that weapon are the AK-47 and M-16, which are basically the guns people want banned from civilian ownership.

Thus..."assault" weapons.

I have a perfectly legal semi-automatic shotgun that can fire 12 rounds in less than 2 seconds and many, many more if I wanted to make something with an even higher capacity (not illegal). It's more close quarters firepower than any assault weapon on the planet. It's a gun I use to trap shoot. Because of ignorant people like you, someday there will be legislation to ban it. These things are done incrementally for a reason.

Saiga?