Now for the letdown. This is Buffalo's type of FA pick-up.

Tipster19

having been a Bills fanatice sine 1960 and now living in Charlotte, NC, I have watched every Bills and Panthers game for 5 years, and i say Hangartner, would be a solid singing, he is young, plays both center and guard and started several games with the Panthers at both positions and ths very good ground game was still very good. he would be a significant improvement.

Why do you think Carolina is letting him go? Not trying to be a smart aleck, but do you think it's related to their signing of Wharton and Gross?

He got let go because Carolina was over the cap until the $4 million gift from the NFL today. Even with the gift, they onyl have 1.9 mil of cap room. Teams can't keep everyone they want to.

He got let go because Carolina was over the cap until the $4 million gift from the NFL today. Even with the gift, they onyl have 1.9 mil of cap room. Teams can't keep everyone they want to.

yea, the panthers have the highest team salary in the league. They need to cut down.

While everyone is dreaming of a Jason Brown/Jeff Saturday pick-up, I'd be curious to see how this board would react if we didn't get either one of them and landed up with someone like this.

http://www.carolinagrowl.com/Read.aspx?Story=1041

If the Bills don't sign Hangarten for depth at a reasonable price, then they could always bring Darwin Walker in for a visit. He was almost a Bill for 5 minutes a couple of years ago - maybe now he might consider the Bills worth his while.

While everyone is dreaming of a Jason Brown/Jeff Saturday pick-up, I'd be curious to see how this board would react if we didn't get either one of them and landed up with someone like this.

http://www.carolinagrowl.com/Read.aspx?Story=1041

This is the type of player I think the Bills will sign because they need two starting OL. I don't think they will be willing to sign two stud offensive linemen. Maybe one marquee name and a guy like this - a relatively unknown with some starting experience.

I thought this guy had Buffalo FA written all over him too.

He was quality depth with CAR, but it looks like he wants to start somewhere. He plays C and both G positions and the comments from most Panther fans seems to be that it would suck to see him go.

I guess we'll see.

It looks like Buffalo is firmly entrenched as a serious suitor for Jason Brown. I'm starting to think that we have a real shot of getting Brown and Hangartner. Now that Saturday is re-signed and we already chopped Dockery, who's left for the Bills to focus on? The only other player left who could make sense would be OL Stacy Andrews and I'm starting to doubt that scenario. Hangartner has ideal size for the C position and Brown would get his way and money to fill at the G position.

Here I go again, drinking that Buffalo Kool-Aid but dam it tastes good!