Jason Brown

BeastMode54

FYI: Supposedly, Miami is where he wants to go and Miami also wants him, according to rotoworld...Hard to land a guy who wants to go someplace and they also want him as a top target...so dont get your hopes up. Not to mention Miamis weather...

The fact Fla has no State income Tax is a much greater incentive than the weather.

The fact Fla has no State income Tax is a much greater incentive than the weather.

Didnt know they had no state income tax...so yes, that would be strike #2 on hom coming to Buffalo...or should I say strike #1, with his desire to go to Miami strike #2, and the Weather strike #3...

Didnt know they had no state income tax...so yes, that would be strike #2 on hom coming to Buffalo...or should I say strike #1, with his desire to go to Miami strike #2, and the Weather strike #3...

Hopefully the third strike he fouled off. I guess it will come down to the money. We are just gonna have to overpay if we want any chance at having him play. No time for a visit. Just an outright top rated guard pay that he is seeking. Then we can have him. I'm thinking the team that lands him will have to dish up $7Million + a year

Hopefully the third strike he fouled off. I guess it will come down to the money. We are just gonna have to overpay if we want any chance at having him play. No time for a visit. Just an outright top rated guard pay that he is seeking. Then we can have him. I'm thinking the team that lands him will have to dish up $7Million + a year

Well that's why we've been clearing space, I would assume. I'd be baffled if we weren't after Brown or Saturday.

In New York State, anyone making over $500,000/year is taxed at the rate of 7.7%.

So if Brown gets a contract higher than what Derrick Dockery had (7 years, $49 million), his average tax hit per year would be between $550-600,000 per year. In taxes.

That number again, more than $550,000 per year in taxes in New York State. Zero state income taxes in Florida.

So the Bills will need to overpay Brown just like they overpayed Dockery.

Well that's why we've been clearing space, I would assume. I'd be baffled if we weren't after Brown or Saturday.

I would love to see either of those guys, however Saturday has said he wants to play in Pitt, and Pitt wants him. Brown (according to rotoworld) wants to go to Miami who also wants him. So, looks like our only shot may be to over pay...

I would love to see either of those guys, however Saturday has said he wants to play in Pitt, and Pitt wants him. Brown (according to rotoworld) wants to go to Miami who also wants him. So, looks like our only shot may be to over pay...

Great, just great. We're going to pull an "Al Davis".

You're not exactly right. Just because he's playing somewhere else doesn't mean he wouldn't have his primary home in Florida and pay his taxes (or lack thereof there).

I got a friend in the Nats farm system and he says a lot of players on the east coast have homes in florida for this exact reason, but its for weekends and off season.

BUT, what you're forgetting is that professional athletes pay taxes in the towns/cities/states where they play. So yeah, if he played 8 games in FL compared to Buffalo, he wouldn't have to pay taxes on that, but the other 8 games could be potentially taxed in NY, FL, TX or AZ, depending on where they pay this week. At least that's how he explained it to me for baseball players.

It must get complicated, and I would understand why they'd get an accountant.

You're not exactly right. Just because he's playing somewhere else doesn't mean he wouldn't have his primary home in Florida and pay his taxes (or lack thereof there).

I got a friend in the Nats farm system and he says a lot of players on the east coast have homes in florida for this exact reason, but its for weekends and off season.

BUT, what you're forgetting is that professional athletes pay taxes in the towns/cities/states where they play. So yeah, if he played 8 games in FL compared to Buffalo, he wouldn't have to pay taxes on that, but the other 8 games could be potentially taxed in NY, FL, TX or AZ, depending on where they pay this week. At least that's how he explained it to me for baseball players.

It must get complicated, and I would understand why they'd get an accountant.

State income taxes are based on where the earner lives, not where he works, so they definitely don't need to pay taxes in all the random states that their teams visit.

This is all that I am sure about. I do no know how the whole "offseason home" thing works.

FYI: Supposedly, Miami is where he wants to go and Miami also wants him, according to rotoworld...Hard to land a guy who wants to go someplace and they also want him as a top target...so dont get your hopes up. Not to mention Miamis weather...

I am curious where you heard that he wanted to go to Miami, do you have a link? I have heard that Miami is targeting him, but never where he wanted to go to Miami. It just seems odd to me that a player on the verge of getting his biggest payday of his life would cut down the list of his potential places to go. I know Buffalo is no gem to play either but if I was a player I wouldnt count Miami as a legit contender next year. Will Pennington hold it together another year, will Ricky try to find Budha or whoever again? Teams that have a big turn around after a disasterous year tend to come back to earth the next year, plus they play a much tougher schedule as well, plus *Brady is back. It just seems a little strange to me, that he would single out Miami, unless he is from Miami or the fans did what we did to get TKO here.