Marvin Harrison wants out

im4bflo

Harrison is one of my all-time favorite players, but the guy is shot.

If he wants to make money at this stage, I'm sure one stupid team would throw a nice signing bonus at him. But if he wants to pad his legacy, he'd do whatever he could to stay there. Hall of Fame QB, Pro Bowler on the other side of the field to take attention away from him, dome, fast track, everything.

He and Manning get by on chemistry alone these days...nobody is afraid of Harrison running 4 year slants and diving to the turf after he catches the ball.

Manning/Harrison used to be a symbiotic relationship...not anymore.

Harrison is one of my all-time favorite players, but the guy is shot.

If he wants to make money at this stage, I'm sure one stupid team would throw a nice signing bonus at him. But if he wants to pad his legacy, he'd do whatever he could to stay there. Hall of Fame QB, Pro Bowler on the other side of the field to take attention away from him, dome, fast track, everything.

He and Manning get by on chemistry alone these days...nobody is afraid of Harrison running 4 year slants and diving to the turf after he catches the ball.

Manning/Harrison used to be a symbiotic relationship...not anymore.

Best use of the word "symbiotic" on TSW. Okay, the only one, but a good use of it.

Yeah he was just released. I wouldnt mind him with the Bills. I know hes older. But, I think he still has a good 2 years left in him. My ONLY concern is that Manning made him a much better player, and having Reggie Wayne on the other side helps.....

He's going to want to much money for what he has left in the tank. The Bills don't have enough weapons at WR to draw the attention from him that he was getting in Indy. Josh Reed is a much better option for the Bills than Harrison at this point. I still think the Bills need a veteran WR, I just don't think Harrison is the answer. Maybe Amani Toomer, at least he'd be cheaper.

Marvin Harrison is out. I bet he goes to Philly. He's from there, the Eagles need WRs, him and McNabb could be special. Harrison is over the hill but if he's healthy, maybe a change of scenery is just what he needs.

Philly makes a lot of sense for Harrison. He can do well in that setting, in that offense.

How old was Lofton when he came to Buffalo? He looked washed up the year before in Oakland, like an old guy ready to retire. In Buffalo, blowing down the sidelines he looked 23. A change of scenery can do that sometimes.

First time poster... hi!

True, Marvin is old and who knows how much he actually has left in the tank. I will say that I don't think Manning is the only reason Harrison has had a great career. Granted, he has a hall of fame QB and that helps a whole lot, but there are a ton of hall of fame receivers who had great QB's behind them. Harrison was a master at running the right routes to get open deep down field. When he started lighting up the league he didn't have Reggie Wayne. Jerry Rive played with two hall of fame QB's the bulk of his career. No one is suggesting he had other great receivers around him and therefore he's not that good. That's because he was the best ever, despite all the help he had.

I'll I'm saying is Marvin Harrison is (was) a GREAT receiver, and if he does have something left in the tank then he is a much better option then Josh Reed, no offense to Josh or the poster who wrote that.

Philly makes a lot of sense for Harrison. He can do well in that setting, in that offense.

How old was Lofton when he came to Buffalo? He looked washed up the year before in Oakland, like an old guy ready to retire. In Buffalo, blowing down the sidelines he looked 23. A change of scenery can do that sometimes.

Lofton just turned 33 his first year here. Harrison would just turn 37 next season. HUGE difference. Massive deterioration from 33-37 in an athlete.

Marvin Harrison is out. I bet he goes to Philly. He's from there, the Eagles need WRs, him and McNabb could be special. Harrison is over the hill but if he's healthy, maybe a change of scenery is just what he needs.

That's what the local news here in Syracuse is speculating, since McNabb and Harrison have the history of playing together at SU for one year.