Jason Peters

SWVABillsFan

This makes two seasons in a row Jason Peters has been voted to the Pro Bowl and due to injuries he has not mande it. In my opinion I do not know how good he really is because he hasn't shown me in the Pro Bowl. I believe the Pro Bowl is a waste of time anyways because if a player is good and makes it the next season that just commands him more money which ruins a team's salary cap. If he is so good why does he allow himself to get hurt at the end of the season anyway?

This is a tough one for a couple reasons. First, his holdout last year was his fault, he should have showed and helped the team. I think it hurt his play half the year. He did come on strong end of the year and played well. Well enough to earn that Pro Bowl spot? Im not soo sure....Does he deserve to be paid, yeah I think so......

Now here is a major question....when he was holding out the front office stated they wont talk contracts with players who are not with the team. So...the Bills brass stand ground, Peters reports. Now during the 2008 season, the front office failed to live up to its word about talking new contract with Peters. Now we have a stand still on both ends. We have heard nothing from either side about a contract. Whats that mean?

It means Peters will holdout once again for even a longer period of time or create enough of a distraction for the team he forces the Bills to trade him, which wont shock me at all. Matter of fact thats what I expect.

I honestly dont think Jason Peters will be on the Bills roster come 2009 season. He will either be traded or holdout. Which I dont agree with, cause he should honor the contract he signed before. But on the other hand the powers that be never lived up to their word. So whos to blame here? Both are really.....

But in the end, Peters reported to the team and the front office never spoke to him about a new deal.......

Caution this thing will get ugly when camp rolls around. Keep an eye out during FA, that could be a sign of whats to come!

This is a tough one for a couple reasons. First, his holdout last year was his fault, he should have showed and helped the team. I think it hurt his play half the year. He did come on strong end of the year and played well. Well enough to earn that Pro Bowl spot? Im not soo sure....Does he deserve to be paid, yeah I think so......

Now here is a major question....when he was holding out the front office stated they wont talk contracts with players who are not with the team. So...the Bills brass stand ground, Peters reports. Now during the 2008 season, the front office failed to live up to its word about talking new contract with Peters. Now we have a stand still on both ends. We have heard nothing from either side about a contract. Whats that mean?

It means Peters will holdout once again for even a longer period of time or create enough of a distraction for the team he forces the Bills to trade him, which wont shock me at all. Matter of fact thats what I expect.

I honestly dont think Jason Peters will be on the Bills roster come 2009 season. He will either be traded or holdout. Which I dont agree with, cause he should honor the contract he signed before. But on the other hand the powers that be never lived up to their word. So whos to blame here? Both are really.....

But in the end, Peters reported to the team and the front office never spoke to him about a new deal.......

Caution this thing will get ugly when camp rolls around. Keep an eye out during FA, that could be a sign of whats to come!

there is no question if the Bills are serious about building a contender.

they should re-do his contract right now.

He's their best player and should be paid like it.

Unfortunately he has not broken any laws or incurred any weapons violations or he would be sitting with a huge pile of cash.

Where does this stuff come from? Let me quote you.

You said "the front office stated they wont talk contracts with players who are not with the team."

You also said "the front office failed to live up to its word about talking new contract..."

Where is the conflict. There is none. The Bills did indeed swear they would NOT talk to Peters if he did not report. However, they did NOT at any time promise that if he did report they would talk contract. They simply did not promise this. And in fact, late in Peters's holdout they promised the opposite. Brandon finally said, when Peters was still out that the Bills would not under any condition talk contract during the season.

The Bills had not promised anything, and therefore did not break their word. Go back and look it up.

The Bills, now that the season is over, will sign Peters to a very fat extension.

Where does this stuff come from? Let me quote you.

You said "the front office stated they wont talk contracts with players who are not with the team."

You also said "the front office failed to live up to its word about talking new contract..."

Where is the conflict. There is none. The Bills did indeed swear they would NOT talk to Peters if he did not report. However, they did NOT at any time promise that if he did report they would talk contract. They simply did not promise this. And in fact, late in Peters's holdout they promised the opposite. Brandon finally said, when Peters was still out that the Bills would not under any condition talk contract during the season.

The Bills had not promised anything, and therefore did not break their word. Go back and look it up.

The Bills, now that the season is over, will sign Peters to a very fat extension.

He's right. No one promised this guy anything other than what was in his (renegotiated) contract that he gladly signed.

They will probably pay him. But no way he's the best guy on this team (we would be doomed for years if that were the case). The best player, the hardest player, is Lynch---it's not even close. How could anyone who watched them play say that Peters is "our best"?? Peters only goes into "beast mode" at the training table. I didn't see Lynch take so many plays off this past season......

He definatly got in to the Probowl based on his name, rather than his performance. That said, quality OTs are hard to find, and when you do find them, they are expensive. If we do not pay him, then we need to replace him, which would invlove eather putting in a less tallented player at that position, or finding a new high priced OT who we would have to pay anyways.

All I know is that I dont want him to sit at home every day untill the saturday before week 1. He simply sucked for the first 1/4 of last season, but did eventually get better as the season went on, at the expense of our QB ^_^ .

Pay him, and sign a damn good center and I will like our O-ling going into next season. Though RG is still a problem, but would cost to much to fix.

This makes two seasons in a row Jason Peters has been voted to the Pro Bowl and due to injuries he has not mande it. In my opinion I do not know how good he really is because he hasn't shown me in the Pro Bowl. I believe the Pro Bowl is a waste of time anyways because if a player is good and makes it the next season that just commands him more money which ruins a team's salary cap. If he is so good why does he allow himself to get hurt at the end of the season anyway?

1. Peters has been voted to the past 2 pro bowls and hasn't made it.

2. You don't know how good he really is because he hasn't shown up in Honaruru.

3. You think the pro bowl is a waste of time anyway because good players make it and then they want more money.

4. You ask why Peters allows himself to get hurt at the end of the season.

My God this is the ^_^ dumbest post I have ever read. Please stop, I beg you. Unless you are 10 years old I apologize. SWVA doesn't make you sound any more smarter then the NWVA hillbillies

This is among the most inane posts I have ever read. "I do not know how good he really is because he hasn't shown me in the Pro Bowl." Are you for real? As if the probowl counts for anything. This is followed up by:

" if a player is good and makes it the next season that just commands him more money which ruins a team's salary cap."

Peters is already under contract ...yes he is looking to redo it but please tell me how any one player "ruins a team salary cap." Seems to me a team has to be a party to the equation. If Peters demands are unrealistic the Bills have the option to say no and lay out another option that is more cap friendly.

Now for the final coup de grâce:

"If he is so good why does he allow himself to get hurt at the end of the season anyway?"

What moron in the NFL is going to "allow" themselves to get hurt? Did he have a conversation with the defensive line to say "hey cheap shot me so I can get hurt?"

Is your post for real? Is it April fools already?