I didn't see a single snap

Simon

Can anybody suggest any threads which might paint me a nice little portrait of yesterday's festivities?

Thanx and Cya

P.S. The Patriots really got knuckled yesterday; in fact they're probably missing 4-5 starters after the old-fashioned physical beatdown they just took. I imagine it was the national game and most of you saw it, but I doubt TV did justice to what was just a complete ass-kicking on every part of the field.

I watched it on TiVo, so I go tot see it in 90 minutes - not 3 hours.

The summary is that Arizona gave the game to us and we - for once - accepted the gift. I'm not sure we had more than one drive all game long over 30 yards. Nearly every score was from an ultra-ultra-short field. Thankfully, we finally cashed in those opportunities instead of pissing them away.

Other than that - our return game was on fire. McGee had a return for a TD and we piled some 250 yards in the return game.

We won with special teams and taking the gifts that resulted from that.

Sam Adams and Ron Edwards had very nice games with constant penetration. They destroyed the middle of AC line.

The summary is that Arizona gave the game to us and we - for once - accepted the gift.  I'm not sure we had more than one drive all game long over 30 yards.  Nearly every score was from an ultra-ultra-short field.  Thankfully, we finally cashed in those opportunities instead of pissing them away.

Other than that - our return game was on fire.  McGee had a return for a TD and we piled some 250 yards in the return game.

Sam Adams and Ron Edwards had very nice games with constant penetration.  They destroyed the middle of AC line.

94539[/snapback]

I was there, and couldn't have painted a better picture.

The summary is that Arizona gave the game to us and we - for once - accepted the gift.  I'm not sure we had more than one drive all game long over 30 yards.  Nearly every score was from an ultra-ultra-short field.  Thankfully, we finally cashed in those opportunities instead of pissing them away.

Other than that - our return game was on fire.  McGee had a return for a TD and we piled some 250 yards in the return game.

Sam Adams and Ron Edwards had very nice games with constant penetration.  They destroyed the middle of AC line.

94539[/snapback]

maybe this game is what we needed to jump start our red zone offense?

94539[/snapback]

The emergence of Ron Edwards as a 2 gap penetrating tackle is incredibly promising considering his lack of sustained performance in his career prior to this season. I had little faith in him becoming a possible strength of our line coming into '04 but Krumrie is getting seriously strong play from him on single teams this season- Edwards can flat blow up interior OLineman when left with a single team and has the ability to penetrate a double at times. IMO the staff has really figured out how to mix Edwards in and it is not good for opponents facing us- it's also especially good for Schobel who keeps insisiting on relying on his outside rush.

5 trips to the red zone, 4 TDs and a FG. Hmmmmm...........

It's too funny to imagine us using Bannon as an HBack/blocker for our running back in the red zone- while it worked yesterday it does not speak highly of our blocking skills at two other positions ;-)

First drive was a pass-happy, second one looked like we'd drive the ball down their throats the rest of the day- the offense continues to search for identity but the good news is that we won't see as many excellent interior DLines as the season wears on. The likelihood is that our running game will end up being the buzz about our team that follows us into the pre-season pubs before 2005.

Watching Josh Reed and our trainers on the field after returning a punt and apparently taking a helmet in the knee was a continued reminder of what I hate about having NateC return punts. I can never get the risk/reward ratio to favor the reward side of the equation.

Bannan was actually used as the LG yesterday, not even as an H-back. It was the funniest thing I could imagine as well, but he did ok (he blocked well on the one TD run anyway). Shelton actually did REALLY well on the one drive where Willis had like 4 carries for 55 yards. He is still poor when left in for pass blocking though...

Bannan was actually used as the LG yesterday, not even as an H-back. It was the funniest thing I could imagine as well, but he did ok (he blocked well on the one TD run anyway). Shelton actually did REALLY well on the one drive where Willis had like 4 carries for 55 yards. He is still poor when left in for pass blocking though...

95212[/snapback]

I don't see what's funny about trying Bannan at OLG.

With SA, PW, RE, & Anderson, he's lucky he played well the last pre-season game or I doubt he's still on the team.

JMac saw something about him that he liked, & I thought he handled himself quite well for the handful of plays he was in there... that may be where his future on this team lies.

94539[/snapback]

I almost felt sorry for that Arizona Center. He was just getting used...That O-Line Coach was all over the poor guy, but in his defense it looked like you could fit 2 of him into Williams or Adams. I think that Center will be having nightmares about playing the Bills DT's for years to come... B)

I also think that yesterday's game was the best all-around coached game we've see, since... well, since Marv retired. I also think that MM put just enough wrinkles out there to keep the Jets and Pats on their toes. (Sam as eligible tackle, Bannon in on "obvious" running plays, the fake reverse on kickoffs...)