Bills are going after Fred Taylor

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldn't hurt, but I doubt we'll make as hard a push for him as New England* will. While Taylor would be the best back on their roster, we have TWO guys who are better.

It's possible that Buffalo is driving his price up for NE. <_<

Is Franco Harris available? Man, he'd be a great addition at about 58 years of age.

:D

I would like to see it for a different reason.....

Marshawn Lynch is a great player....I ran out and bought one of his jerseys almost immediately.....but the mistakes he is making right now in his personal life are in danger of derailing his career......

Bringing in another name back would send a reminder to him that nothing in life is guarenteed

I bought a JP jersey and learned my lesson. Only Bills that have retired or have been there a long, long time.

im all for it

He's a good upstanding vet who can mentor ML...He will also help trent as well, and he has play off experience

Are him and Stroud good friends? may be that will tip the scales?

IIRC, he and Stroud are very good friends.

Quote from Wade Phillips when we traded for Rob Johnson in February of 1998.

Bills Coach Wade Phillips said:

''This guy has a great future in the league. We started forward with a new era. This isn't the Marv Levy-Jim Kelly era. Hopefully, this is the Wade Phillips-Rob Johnson era.'

Quote from Wade Phillips when we traded for Rob Johnson in February of 1998.

Bills Coach Wade Phillips said:

''This guy has a great future in the league. We started forward with a new era. This isn't the Marv Levy-Jim Kelly era. Hopefully, this is the Wade Phillips-Rob Johnson era.'

Sadly, it was. What's even worse is I find myself looking back fondly on that era.

The Pats* are going to be hamstrung by the salary cap unless & until they find a taker for Cassell.

I really don't believe that the intentions of franchising Cassell is to see if they can pick up a few draft choices. I think they signed him for insurance. Not to say that they wouldn't trade him if the price was right

I really don't believe that the intentions of franchising Cassell is to see if they can pick up a few draft choices. I think they signed him for insurance. Not to say that they wouldn't trade him if the price was right

I agree with you & if that is the case, the Pats* won't have a whole lot of $$$ to spend in free agency.

Hopefully we are trying to drive the price up on Taylor. I would not like him in NE. I do not think he has much left, however vetrans seem to find the fountain of youth when they go to NE. But homestly, there is no magic water just good coaching. Now wouldn't that be nice if we had some of that.

It's definitely not performance-enhancing drugs. No way, no how! :beer:

It's definitely not performance-enhancing drugs. No way, no how! :beer:

I mean, only two of their players have been caught with 'roids, HGH in the last couple of years, and only due to one of them being dumb enought to have used his own address and name to order them and the other being caught up in a much bigger scandal. Funny how old, washed up vets' careers seem to pick up when they go to NE, isn't it? I mean, these guys end up with melons the size of the moon (another sign of HGH use, BTW--called "the bloat" as per a power lifting dude I know)--take a look at Vrabel, Seau and Bruschi's noggins sometime and you'll see what I mean. Obviously, they're big guys, but those noggins look like they're size 16 noggins on size 10 bodies.....