[closed]The Silver Lining

Nightcrawler

The Bills can sign Fred Jackson to an extension at a great price and get rid of Lynch. Lynch is done in Buffalo. He'll get at least a 4 game suspension from Goodell. Hit and Run coupled with felony charge in less than one year means Lynch is a bad egg. Just ask "I hate Buffalo and fathered 80 children with 80 women" McGahee and "I fought the law" Travis Henry. Wow! Buffalo's last three running backs are probably good friends with other honest and law-abiding athletes like Alex Rodriguez, Roger Clemens, Barry Bonds, Jason Giambi, and Miguel Tejada.

With Lynch gone, the Bills will likely do worse this year, even though, Jackson isn't that much below Lynch in talent. Buffalo will get a higher pick in 2010 because of Lynch's actions.

Bills can cut away the bad character of Lynch and Simpson and get rid of bloated contracts like Dockery's and Kelsays'

Cut Lynch and his salary

Cut Simpson, Dockery and Kelsay

Resign Jackson at a reasonable price

Bring in a veteran as a backup

Draft a running back in rounds 4-7 to compete for the backup/#3 spot.

Use the money on the cuts to Dockery and Kelsay for a quality center like Jason Brown and a LB like Karlos Dansby.

--Nightcrawler

I wonder if there are any other fans out there that simply dont care that lynch got arrested, aside from a possible suspension. This is the NFL, not the peace corp. I have come to accept that 90% of these players are street thugs, thats the nature of the beast. Yea you will find a few Lee Evans who are great guys and ball players, but to expect an NFL franchise to only employ high character players and fill a 53 man roster in this era is too much to ask.

Ill take a couple felony arrests with my super bowl please.

I'm still a big Lynch fan. Frankly, a player's off-the-field actions don't concern me as long as they don't hurt anybody. That's why the hit and run upset me a lot more than this gun charge does.

Yeah---definitely. #1 much worse than #2.---He better start smartening up though. If you get in trouble twice that means you were making trouble 200 times.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.