for those who wanted Chris Canty...

bizell

Canty reportedly wants a contract that pays Tommy Kelly money (i.e., $18 million guaranteed, $50.5 million total).

“It’d have to start somewhere around there, if not higher,” Canty’s agent, Brad Blank, said last month. “We talked very briefly last summer at that level, and [the Cowboys] didn’t seem very interested.”

wtf!?!?!?!? what the hell has this guy ever done to warrant that kind of contract?

come to think of it, what has tommy kelly done to get a contract like that? stupid raiders.

That's what happens when dumbass GM's pay guys like Tommy Kelly that sort of cash.

Then everyone else has to pay.

The only problem is it becomes a snowballing problem.

Say no to Canty!!!

Not really. Canty could be at home eating Doritos on opening day next season if he wants to be stupid about what he thinks he's worth versus what he's actually worth.

Not really. Canty could be at home eating Doritos on opening day next season if he wants to be stupid about what he thinks he's worth versus what he's actually worth.

I agree

The only problem is that good sports agents are suppose to do their jobs, which is make money for their clients and themselves. So when these average players in the league get Franchise money, it makes it more difficult for teams to negotiate contracts. I mean if Tommy Kelly is getting payed that sort of cash, then Real Franchise players agents would be stupid to try not to get lots more money for their clients. What I am saying is that it messes up the equilibrium of what is justified and not justified pay.

You have to think the economy will have an impact on these free agent contracts. Teams may find money for top tier UFA's, but for those guys at the next level, I'm not seeing it.

Heck, Bobby Abreu settled for a one year 5M contract with the Angels. Adam Dunn didn't get great (for baseball) money from the Nats.

A lot of these players will be humbled after the first week when the dollars aren't readily available like their agents thought.

You have to think the economy will have an impact on these free agent contracts. Teams may find money for top tier UFA's, but for those guys at the next level, I'm not seeing it.

Heck, Bobby Abreu settled for a one year 5M contract with the Angels. Adam Dunn didn't get great (for baseball) money from the Nats.

A lot of these players will be humbled after the first week when the dollars aren't readily available like their agents thought.

Are you serious? Settled? I'd settle for $5 MILLON for one year right about now. Abreu also isn't but so great.

wtf!?!?!?!? what the hell has this guy ever done to warrant that kind of contract?

come to think of it, what has tommy kelly done to get a contract like that? stupid raiders.

And yet here we B word about Chris Kelsay's contract.

Beats me. Maybe it goes along with wishful thinking the Bills will switch to a 3-4?

I agree.. the dude is a 3-4 lineman

Why do people bring up names from guys who play in a 3-4? They DON'T fit in the Bills system, thus there is no chance that they or the Bills show interest.