Let me head this off: NO, WE DON'T NEED JERRY PORTER!!&#3

Thurman#1

Here's a short excerpt from the article on SI.com:

"The Jaguars paid more than $23 million for Porter and Florence to step into starting roles last year, but both failed to make an impact on the field and may have been even less impressive in the locker room. Teammates privately blamed them for chemistry issues that plagued Jacksonville (5-11) all season."

link: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/foot...tml?eref=sircrc

There was post after post last year saying "yeah, Porter's not a choirboy, but we need him." Now we saw how badly he performed, and finally how, sure enough, he was indeed malignant in the locker room. The Jags were so thrilled to get rid of him that they took a large cap hit to do it.

No "Get Porter" threads, please.

Here's a short excerpt from the article on SI.com:

"The Jaguars paid more than $23 million for Porter and Florence to step into starting roles last year, but both failed to make an impact on the field and may have been even less impressive in the locker room. Teammates privately blamed them for chemistry issues that plagued Jacksonville (5-11) all season."

link: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/foot...tml?eref=sircrc

There was post after post last year saying "yeah, Porter's not a choirboy, but we need him." Now we saw how badly he performed, and finally how, sure enough, he was indeed malignant in the locker room. The Jags were so thrilled to get rid of him that they took a large cap hit to do it.

No "Get Porter" threads, please.

Well, I tried. Only worked for about two hours. There's always one.

I think the bills front office should at least discuss bringing in Jerry Porter. If the price isn't outrageous then I say bring him in. yea he caused problems in Jax, so he will be more likely to behave with his new team. Plus last time I checked, Josh Reed is our number two receiver and hardy is on the verge of a bust and probably will not be back until the season starts. The only light in the tunnel is that Stevie Johnson looked impressive. On that note we need a solid number two wide reciever and it looks like free agency is going to be the only way to address it.

I think the bills front office should at least discuss bringing in Jerry Porter. If the price isn't outrageous then I say bring him in. yea he caused problems in Jax, so he will be more likely to behave with his new team. Plus last time I checked, Josh Reed is our number two receiver and hardy is on the verge of a bust and probably will not be back until the season starts. The only light in the tunnel is that Stevie Johnson looked impressive. On that note we need a solid number two wide reciever and it looks like free agency is going to be the only way to address it.

Classic post that illustrates how undervalued Reed is. Our offense was noticeably worse without him last year. Reed doubled Porters production in only 13 games in an inept passing offense...in fact, Reed outplayed Bryant, Clayton, R. Williams, and Porter (all 4 popular choices to bring in here), and he did it in only 13 games...

Our QB play holds back the stats of both Reed and Evans, but Reed has very good hands, is a good blocker, and is very reliable...kind of a poor mans Wes Welker. Add in the up and coming Johnson and we don't need some journeyman bust WR that has never lived up to their potential despite numerous chances and fresh starts with new teams.

Furrey is a Welker type player. Like that dude's game.

I think Welker is a better player all around, but having Brady helps and having Moss on the field does too.....Furrey I think plays some good football, good enought football I think he could really help our team and we wouldnt break the bank for him.