JP

mead107

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldn't surprise me to see him in a Jet uniform next year.

Look, this is NOT a bash JP post. Is that out of the way? :thumbsup: I don't think that this neck of the woods is a good fit for JP. Jest fans would run him out of town after his first pick.

San Francisco is where he should go and again, I am not being a wiseass. Perhaps Singletary could wake him up with his disciplinarian, demanding tone. Some players need this. I bet he won't take Singletary to task at a press conference, ya know?

Look, this is NOT a bash JP post. Is that out of the way? :thumbsup: I don't think that this neck of the woods is a good fit for JP. Jest fans would run him out of town after his first pick.

San Francisco is where he should go and again, I am not being a wiseass. Perhaps Singletary could wake him up with his disciplinarian, demanding tone. Some players need this. I bet he won't take Singletary to task at a press conference, ya know?

Yeah, cause Mike has a great rep for developing QB's.

Does Ryan? Again, maybe Singletary can motivate him, and this isn't to imply that JP didn't try. Still, something or someone needs to connect.

I agree about that, JP needs to go to a team that will help him finally develop his potential. Many people on this board say Trent needs a Vet QB to mentor him, tell me what kind of mentoring has JP had? I think the poor coaching in Buffalo has been a hinderence to JP & Trent both.

I agree about that, JP needs to go to a team that will help him finally develop his potential. Many people on this board say Trent needs a Vet QB to mentor him, tell me what kind of mentoring has JP had? I think the poor coaching in Buffalo has been a hinderence to JP & Trent both.

Again, Mike Mularkey has worked wonders with Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox, Matt Ryan, and almost helped an over the hill Bledsoe lead us to the playoffs. It's funny that the only time he was a poor coach was with guys like Losman and Joey Harrington.

I really liked JP and it sucks that he couldn't take the next step to become a legit starter. But I also hope he doesn't make as many excuses as posters do for his play. He needs to realize he failed because of his own play. That said, I appreciate his effort while he was here and it would be great if he decided to stay in Buffalo long term.

Yeah he probably was happy, after all the Bills did take him in the FIRST round. He got paid, but it hurt him long term going to the Bills.

I wonder if Joey Harrington, Akili Smith, Rex Grossman, Ryan Leaf, Alex Smith, Heath Shuler, Tim Couch, etc. lay up at night thinking the same thing.

Again, Mike Mularkey has worked wonders with Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox, Matt Ryan, and almost helped an over the hill Bledsoe lead us to the playoffs. It's funny that the only time he was a poor coach was with guys like Losman and Joey Harrington.

I really liked JP and it sucks that he couldn't take the next step to become a legit starter. But I also hope he doesn't make as many excuses as posters do for his play. He needs to realize he failed because of his own play. That said, I appreciate his effort while he was here and it would be great if he decided to stay in Buffalo long term.

If Mularkey had stayed in Buffalo, he may have helped JP. However, JP had his leg broken by his own teammate his rookie year so that year was wasted & in his 2nd year Mularkey was trying to hang on to his job & didn't worry about trying to develop JP. He was after all the HEAD COACH not OC as he was with the other QB's you named.

If Mularkey had stayed in Buffalo, he may have helped JP. However, JP had his leg broken by his own teammate his rookie year so that year was wasted & in his 2nd year Mularkey was trying to hang on to his job & didn't worry about trying to develop JP. He was after all the HEAD COACH not OC as he was with the other QB's you named.

I do agree that Losman was feed to the wolves too early and getting pulled hurt his development a bit. But this is the NFL. guys get pulled all the time. For god sakes, Terry Bradshaw used to lose his job every offseason.

However, it can't be argued that both guys that replaced Losman (Holcomb and Edwards) led a more effective offense and the Bills to more victories. Like i said, I like guy. But excuse making isn't gonna change the fact that for most his career in the NFL, he is a below average QB that has one of the worst win-loss records in football.

His house is worth over $250,000 and hasn't been put on the market.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=&tab=il

Google:

Oakland Place, Buffalo, NY and his house (with his black SUV) appears in the street view on the map. :thumbsup:

hehe.... yeah i think SLIGHTLY over 250,000....that house would cost well over a million in CA 2 or 3 million in certain areas

I do agree that Losman was feed to the wolves too early and getting pulled hurt his development a bit. But this is the NFL. guys get pulled all the time. For god sakes, Terry Bradshaw used to lose his job every offseason.

However, it can't be argued that both guys that replaced Losman (Holcomb and Edwards) led a more effective offense and the Bills to more victories. Like i said, I like guy. But excuse making isn't gonna change the fact that for most his career in the NFL, he is a below average QB that has one of the worst win-loss records in football.

I'm not making excuses for JP. All I'm saying is most people like JP as a person, I'm not talking about as a football player. As far as JP's carreer goes, if he is smart he won't worry about the money, but will look for a situation where he can salvage his carreer for the long term.

I'm not making excuses for JP. All I'm saying is most people like JP as a person, I'm not talking about as a football player. As far as JP's carreer goes, if he is smart he won't worry about the money, but will look for a situation where he can salvage his carreer for the long term.

Fair enough and I really like him as a person though. But Losman is probably best served to sign a one year deal with a team as a backup that may present the opportunity to get some playing time. Losman's value around the league is really low at this point. He could benefit from getting playing time in any league (CFL or Arena Football) rather than sitting on the bench for another NFL season.

Losman was at his best, when he was coached hard and put on a short leash.

You have to have a really really really really simple game plan for Losman to thrive in.

A game plan that consists of throwing the ball on either a deep post, deep slant, bomb or a check down. No more than three guys running a passing pattern, because he is not able to check to the 2 or 3 or 4 reciever, and you have to give him max protection and if he can't find an open reciever in three seconds, then either run like hell or throw it away.

Losman was at his best, when he was coached hard and put on a short leash.

You have to have a really really really really simple game plan for Losman to thrive in.

A game plan that consists of throwing the ball on either a deep post, deep slant, bomb or a check down. No more than three guys running a passing pattern, because he is not able to check to the 2 or 3 or 4 reciever, and you have to give him max protection and if he can't find an open reciever in three seconds, then either run like hell or throw it away.

I pretty much agree, but I would add if a team had the O-line to do it, JP could be very effective throwing on roll outs, unfortunatly the Bills did not have that line last year.

Why does it matter if his house is for sale or not? Seriously don't you people have other things to worry about. Players can change teams but still like the are they lived in. Go speak to Ruben Brown.

Do you have better things to talk about? your on the message and chose to read this thread!!

Aside from the very vocal HATERS on this board, I would say the majority of Bills fans like JP as a person. Reuben also had a number of people that did not care for his play while he was a Bill, they just weren't as vociferous with the HATERED.

You have not been to too many bills games at the Ralph the last 2 years have you?