Schmucky Chucky Schumer calls critics the Chattering Class

Wacka

Funny how the "patriots" have suddenly had a revelation that we shouldn't spend money now that they're not in the majority and after they ran up the largest deficits and spending in our history. The wealthy got their time at the trough, but now that middle class Americans need some help, they're playing politics. Sorry, but America rejected their failed trickle down policies in the 2006 and 2008 elections. So instead of offering constructive input, the majority of Republicans have made the calculated political decision to be obstructionists at the peril of our economy, gambling that if recovery takes a long time they can argue that the recovery policies didn't work, and if the do work they figure Obama will get the credit anyway, so why bother. It's unfortunate that more of them haven't broken out of their old habits and followed the lead of "patriotic" Republicans like Sens. Snowe, Collins, Spector, and Gov. Christ, and put country ahead of party.

Funny how the "patriots" have suddenly had a revelation that we shouldn't spend money now that they're not in the majority and after they ran up the largest deficits and spending in our history. The wealthy got their time at the trough, but now that middle class Americans need some help, they're playing politics. Sorry, but America rejected their failed trickle down policies in the 2006 and 2008 elections. So instead of offering constructive input, the majority of Republicans have made the calculated political decision to be obstructionists at the peril of our economy, gambling that if recovery takes a long time they can argue that the recovery policies didn't work, and if the do work they figure Obama will get the credit anyway, so why bother. It's unfortunate that more of them haven't broken out of their old habits and followed the lead of "patriotic" Republicans like Sens. Snowe, Collins, Spector, and Gov. Christ, and put country ahead of party.

You are !@#$ing scary.

Chattering class describes you to a tee. Do what the Dem's want and all will be fine. Anything else is obstructionism.Perhaps you can join the Communist party in China and never have to worry about dissenting views

And you are !@#$ing clueless. I'll settle for scary.

You're actually both. If you think the money here is going to stimulate anything but big gov't and big business you're a moron. Look at the last 2 stimulus projects where we gave tax payers some money. How did that work?

Look at the big stimulus they gave banks? How did that work?

If the government will not deregulate businesses, lower taxes, and bring back manufacturing we are done. Obama, surprisingly to his credit, recently admitted this in his press conference. I want to see him do what needs to be done and bring back jobs. I don't see him doing it as he analyzes no production correctly but he'll want to keep high taxes and regulation extremely high.

If the government will not deregulate businesses, lower taxes, and bring back manufacturing we are done.

But we have deregulated business and lowered taxes which has led to the even more manufacturing to leave. Why is manufacturing still leaving at record pace? Taxes are lower now than they were in the 1950's and 1960's. Business and banking has been extremely deregulated than what existed in the past. Isn't that what got us into this mess? In the grand scheme, we really have turned the clock back to 1929... The one thing that is different is that we have a much bigger and proactive gov't than we had 80 years ago.

The wealthy got their time at the trough, but now that middle class Americans need some help

Like these "middle class Americans"

Daschle who owed $128,000 in taxes

Timothy Geithner who owed $35,000 in taxes

Nancy Killefer who didn't pay unemployment tax for her cleaning lady.

Give me a break.

This administration is surrounded by millionares.

"Country ahead of party", huh?

Its the "Republicans" making things though, huh?

http://www.redstate.com/jeff_emanuel/2009/...s-negotiations/

You and people like you disgust me. At least there are SOME on the left like "yla" and I beleive even blzrul and others who can at least admit whats going on with this bill, led by Pelosi and Reid with the complicit nodding along by the in over their heads idiots in the Obama WH, is a !@#$ing travesty.

Like these "middle class Americans"

Daschle who owed $128,000 in taxes

Timothy Geithner who owed $35,000 in taxes

Nancy Killefer who didn't pay unemployment tax for her cleaning lady.

Give me a break.

This administration is surrounded by millionares.

As with any administration, which is unfortunate... I don't begrudge any party, never have never will.

I would rather see the middle to poor at the trough than wealthy. That doesn't mean that some weathly won't find it (the trough), they surely always do... That is one reason they may be wealthy.

It is about policy and agenda and who the administration wants to favor. I am all for going down the class wafare approach and seeing anybody but the most wealthy get ahead more.

The Lion's Share ~10,000 Maniacs:

Can I be unhappy?

Look at what I see: a beast in furs and crowned in luxury.

He's a wealthy man in the poorest land, a self-appointed king,

and there's no complaining while he's reigning.

The lambs are bare of fleece and cold; the lion has stolen that, I'm told.

There must be some creature mighty as you are.

The lambs go hungry (not fair), the biggest portion is the lion's share.

Can I be unhappy?

Listen and agree, no words can shame him or tame him.

The lambs are bare of fleece and cold; the lion has stolen that, I'm told.

The lambs go hungry (not fair), the biggest portion is the lion's share.

There must be some creature mighty as you are, as you are.

Razor claws in velvet paws, you dunce in your guarded home,

'til a stronger beast will call on you and pounce upon your throne.

Do we pay? Dearly, for the lion takes so greedily

and he knows that what he's taken, it is ours.

That's how the wealth's divided among the lambs and king of the beasts, it is so one-sided.

Until the lamb is king of the beasts we live so one-sided.

I'm in favor of the simple concept of using ALL the stimulus $ to pay off ALL the outstanding home mortgages. Probably too simple because it's easily understood and doesn't allow our elected representatives to play fast and loose with the payout schemes....

I'm in favor of the simple concept of using ALL the stimulus $ to pay off ALL the outstanding home mortgages. Probably too simple because it's easily understood and doesn't allow our elected representatives to play fast and loose with the payout schemes....

Just think of the money that would be infused into the service sector if people didn't have a mortgage to contend with!

Of course you know what most of the stumps would do out there? People would borrow right against the paid mortgage!

:):)

So instead of offering constructive input, the majority of Republicans have made the calculated political decision to be obstructionists at the peril of our economy...

You have to be kidding, right? Have you read any of the articles about how much the American public absolutely HATES all the pork the Democrats have put in this "stimulus" bill?

Now, considering that the election of the Democrats to full power is considered by many to be "a mandate," are the 45% of American taxpayers who hate this bill (according to CNN) also being obstructionists? Are all those people flooding the phone lines of their representatives obstructionists?

Most people aren't stupid. Not sure why you wish they were.

This is hilarious, so much anger from the laissez-faire lemmings who think that tax cuts for the wealthy and corporate welfare are the answers for all our economic problems. Well too bad, you had 6 years of control to prove trickle down works, and it failed. Where's all the jobs we were promised that the wealthy would shower upon us? And now you have the nerve to moan about a Recovery AND Relief package (it's not just a stimulus) that has such "pork" as providing funds to retain police and firemen, extend unemployment benefits, and renovate schools.

I leave you with the immortal words of some of you after Bush was selected by the SCOTUS. "Get over it!" :)

You can not do mathematics. The numbers Obama is throwing about dwarfs these deficits you are using as a benchmark.

Between TARP and this first stimulus bill (both with the Democrats in firm control), we will increased the national debt by about two trillion. That doesn't even include Obama's first budget and the growth in entitlements this year. It's an impressive pace of spending, about as much as Bush ran up his first term (with 9/11, homeland defense expenses, Iraq and Afghanistan, ...). Bush averaged increasing the debt about $500b a year over his two terms. Obama is halfway there and hasn't even budgeted for his first year in office!