Marshawn Lynch

bull7734

He's not the fastest nor is he the quickest. Very impatient reading blocks but he's getting better. He still has to resist the urge to try to bounce everything outside because, unlike college, EVERYONE is fast in the NFL on defense. Lacks concentration at times as a receiver although he's improving there as well.

But, and I've said this in a previous post, I've NEVER seen a back with more heart. That is one helluva an infectious trait to possess as an RB and I'd take that over the measurables as long as the measurables aren't totally deficient. I'm glad we have him. I'm also glad we have Jackson as a compliment. I'd like to see them on the field together more often. Especially in the passing game on early downs. In the absence of a bonafide #2 WR at this point, I think they can create favorable matchups.

GO BILLS!!!

That's right. Do you think it's a coincidence that Fred-ex started running with the same sort of hunger toward the end of the season (absolute MONSTER in the new england game)?

Did anyone posting in this thread watch the Pro Bowl? They had the Coaches miked up, put Lynch in on 4th Down with about a yard & a half for a 1st, Coach: " YOU BETTER MAKE THIS MARSHAWN". Tackled about 5 yards deep in the backfield, Marshawn MADE THE 1st DOWN! That is what makes Lynch so GREAT. I'm HAPPY he is a Bill.

I did not watch the pro bowl. I did see that Marshawn led all rushers with 48 yards on six carries. I do not recall this kind of statistical production from him ever. So what was the difference? Coaching? Play calling? Better blocking? or was he just more motivated? I can not think of anything else that it could possibly be. I know most of you will call it coaching/play calling. Others would blame poor line play. I do not think any one would blame Marshawn of holding back during the season and then showing out at the pro bowl. He always runs hard.

Personnaly I think it is a mixture of all the above (of course!!!). Mostly though I blame the offensive line. More specifically the center position. It is hard to run when the center is being pushed back on a regular basis. I wanted Alex Mack really really bad because of this. The eleventh pick is much too high, so trade down or trade up in the second (into the first round if necessary). Fortunately we can wait and see because there is another center that is as dominant or more, Unger? I think his name is. So after we draft our first pick the second one of these guys are taking, no matter what else we have planned trade up to get the other. I hope we can wait and one will fall to us, but do not take that chance. Go get the other a dominant force at center would make our offense be much much better.

LMAO...he had 48 yards...geezus...I mean he had 50 yards on a single carry against SF...reading too much into a 48 yard performance in an exhibition game...

Put it this way...

If I was starting a team and had my choice of ANY RB in the NFL, I would choose Lynch.

Is he the most physically gifted or talented RB in the NFL? Probably not. But the entire package...the heart, the desire, and the passion he plays with trumps all of that. There is no doubt in my mind that behind a better O-Line that could actually open a hole now and then that Lynch could lead this league in rushing. Of course he will need to get the ball more. There is no reason that the Bills shouldn't be giving him the ball AT LEAST 24-25 times a game.

But yes, if I was given a choice of RBs, I would pick Lynch. That may sound like I'm being a homer or whatever, but I watch a TON of football and have seen every RB in this league play a lot. Are there more talented back, probably yes. But is there another RB I would take first? Not a chance! FEED THE BEAST!!

Totally agree!

It's the Pro Bowl. The players like the weather and the additional leverage of having "Pro Bowler" as an additional thing to throw it when mentioning a contract extension; otherwise, the defense and the players could care less.

The truth is this...Marshawn Lynch is and always will be a 800-1,200 yards a year rusher as long as he is healthy over the next 5-6 years. He isn't a legitimate pro bowler, but he's an above average starter. He'll average 3.9-4.3 yards per carry for his career over the next few years. He isn't a top 10 running back in the league. He fall somewhere between the 13th-17th best running back in the NFL, and the Bills will draft another running back in the 1st round in 5-6 years.

I beg to differ, he IS, to the contrary a Pro-Bowl caliber player, and he is definitley in the top 10 rb's in the leauge.

I think the line is somewhat the problem, and as the original poster stated, the center position specifically. I love the way

that he smells the goal line, I don't think that there is a better goal line rusher out there. Offensive play calling was probably the other big contributing factor that has limited him some. Get these problems fixed, and the Beast is going to be a monster.

I beg to differ, he IS, to the contrary a Pro-Bowl caliber player, and he is definitley in the top 10 rb's in the leauge.

I think the line is somewhat the problem, and as the original poster stated, the center position specifically. I love the way

that he smells the goal line, I don't think that there is a better goal line rusher out there. Offensive play calling was probably the other big contributing factor that has limited him some. Get these problems fixed, and the Beast is going to be a monster.

After last season, Michael Turner gets the title of best goal-line back, but Marshawn is great in the redzone too.

u guys sometimes sound too harsh on him. this guy is in his second year and just made the pro bowl on an average o line with no passing game at all. lets give him a couple of years before you start ranking this kid. he is the only bills player to go to the pro bowl this year (peters is a te who bills made into a pro bowler to begin with). im glad the bills drafted this guy because hes gonna be back to the pro bowl many more times. beast mode is why i watch these bills nowadays.

LMAO...he had 48 yards...geezus...I mean he had 50 yards on a single carry against SF...reading too much into a 48 yard performance in an exhibition game...

Your just trying to justify your silly trade for Boldin. I'm sure you now hate reading anyting good about Marshawn.

Way to be a buzzkill on Marshawn's Probowl game

Your just trying to justify your silly trade for Boldin. I'm sure you now hate reading anyting good about Marshawn.

What? I like Marshawn a lot...I swear, it's like you never even read that post and just make up whatever story about it you want. I said many times I like him and think he is a very good back. My thread on trading for Boldin was based on the fact that to get Elite talent like Boldin we are going to have to give back high value. Considering what Roy Williams went for and what was offered to Cincy (2 #1's for Ocho Cinco...they said no), it becomes clear that acquiring Boldin, who is way better than either of those players, will take a lot.

Lynch is great, but we have a very capable RB behind him who could step into his starting spot and be nearly as productive as Lynch, and quite possibly even more productive overall when you factor in Jackson catches passes better. If you actually read or paid any attention to what you were reading, you would see we don't have a differing opinnion on Lynch, we had a differing opinnion on how capable Jackson is and if our running game could be productive with Jackson.

The talent level of Jackson, and the ease to find productive RB's (in comparisson to WR's) makes Lynch a commodity we could afford to lose if we were getting back Elite talent at a position of need. Boldin is ELITE and would be the perfect compliment to Evans and fit perfect into our passing game. He would instantly become the best player on this team...

I don't want to trade Lynch, however, if we could get Boldin, then yes, I say do it all day long.

Boldin is a MAJOR upgrade over Reed and even an upgrade over Evans becuase he is more physical.

The dropoff from Lynch to Jackson is minor. Jackson runs nearly as hard as Lynch and is actually better at hitting the whole (Lynch's only real negative) and is better in the passing game. Lynch is a top 10 back in this league, no doubt, but if Jackson was starting he would be a top 10 back too.

So if we can get a MAJOR upgrade at a skill position and only face a small drop off at another, then why wouldnt we do it.

And just for your info...my comment was directed at yet another poster looking at his stats (as he didnt even watch the game) and looked at a 6 carry for 48 yard production in an EXHIBITION game as "production he has never seen out of Lynch before" and then going as far as to analyzing why..."coaching, blocking, play calling, or more motivated"...

I mean seriously?

It was an Exhibition Game...and to say he has never seen production like that out of him is just ridiculous...even questioning his motivation when he has been the most determined player on our team every Sunday he has suited up for us? Absurd...

Come on...first off, it was only 48 yards (19 of which came on one carry)...second, he has had way better games for us than this...so to act like a 6 carry, 48 yard game is "production that we have never seen from Lynch" is just an insult to Lynch and how hard he plays every week.

So, my post wasnt knocking Lynch, it was supporting Lynch...the other guy was the one acting all shocked...that was the buzz kill on Lynch...

Give him Adrian Peterson's Line and you will see 1500 yards a season.

Give Jackson AP's line and you will also see 1500 yards...

In fact, any of these backs would run for 1500+ yards in Minny:

Brown

Jones

Lynch

F. Jackson

Turner

Forte

C. Johnson

Tomlinson

S. Jackson

Barber

Gore

Jacobs

C. Taylor (as he did already before they took AP)

Portis

Parker

Slaton

So I ask you, whats your point? All of those backs are very capable of a 1500+ yard season behind the Minny line...and I am sure there are others too...

Boldin ? haha! this guy is not the answer. you are telling me to trade for this guy? he is mad all the time whether its the front office or the sidelines. he wants more money when hes under contract for two more years!!!! hes not close to fitzys status. trust me ya dont want him. this guy must be on the same thing these baseball players are on. mood swings? roido!

I did not watch the pro bowl. I did see that Marshawn led all rushers with 48 yards on six carries. I do not recall this kind of statistical production from him ever. So what was the difference? Coaching? Play calling? Better blocking? or was he just more motivated? I can not think of anything else that it could possibly be. I know most of you will call it coaching/play calling. Others would blame poor line play. I do not think any one would blame Marshawn of holding back during the season and then showing out at the pro bowl. He always runs hard.

Personnaly I think it is a mixture of all the above (of course!!!). Mostly though I blame the offensive line. More specifically the center position. It is hard to run when the center is being pushed back on a regular basis. I wanted Alex Mack really really bad because of this. The eleventh pick is much too high, so trade down or trade up in the second (into the first round if necessary). Fortunately we can wait and see because there is another center that is as dominant or more, Unger? I think his name is. So after we draft our first pick the second one of these guys are taking, no matter what else we have planned trade up to get the other. I hope we can wait and one will fall to us, but do not take that chance. Go get the other a dominant force at center would make our offense be much much better.

You can't read anything into the probowl - vanilla offense and vanilla defense. You can also tell they do not hit hard like they do in games. I suspect that there is probably a handshake agreement between the players that says they will neither hit hard nor second effort things to make sure they do not get hurt playing a stupid and worthless game.

Boldin ? haha! this guy is not the answer. you are telling me to trade for this guy? he is mad all the time whether its the front office or the sidelines. he wants more money when hes under contract for two more years!!!! hes not close to fitzys status. trust me ya dont want him. this guy must be on the same thing these baseball players are on. mood swings? roido!

Huh? You must be kidding...

Boldin is a top 5 WR and plays his tail off. He is mad at the FO over broken promises, and you would be too. He was mad for not being on the field on the most important drive in Cardinals history because the staff was worried his injury would limit him when he felt fine...and you would be too.

Boldin has been a class act for most of his career and sacrifices himself for the team. Did he hold out like Peters? No, he played through the year and honored his contract despite the broken promise from the front office to redo it. He even came back after a horrendous injury almost ended his career in under 2 weeks and played with screws in his face...he even kept going over the middle and kept his production way up.