Trade scenarios...

Armchair GM

Peters gave up more sacks than anyone in the NFL this year at left tackle, like 10.5.

He was ranked 32'nd in sacks.

He gave up 11.5 - in 13 games!

(That means Peters alone gave up more sacks than entire Denver Broncos or Tennessee Titans team totals fro sacks-allowed.)

EDITED

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scenario #1. AZ needs a LT BADLY, to replace Gandy. We have one and need an elite WR to complimant Evans' deep threat...som, trade Peters and swap 1st's with AZ for Bolden...spend the $$, Bolden fits perfectly with a check down offense as he can create yardage after the catch.

Scenario #2. Baltimore will be in need of a CB, as they won't be able to hold on to both, or either for that matter, of thiers. We need a dominant OLB...so, trade Mcgee and swap firsts with Baltimore for Suggs. (assuming we re-sign Greer.)

Scenario #3. Folllow 1 & 2 until you get to swapping 1st's w/baltimore, make both trade, but give baltimore McGee and our 3rd, then trade Lil' Roscoe and our 5th for someone's 3rd rd pick.

There is Genious in this post, I know it! On the contrary, if there is, it's too smart for the Bills' front office.

Number 1 is the worst idea ever. We would trade a dominant left tackle for a dominant WR and lose 21 draft slots! Come on man, Peters has to fetch at least what Roy Williams got, if not more. No way Boldin is worth more than Peters.

Boldin not Bolden.

Trades like this are so incredibly uncommon. And yet here we have another trade Peters thread that is also a trade for Boldin thread!

Amen .. can we not come up with any new topics ... the trade Peters topic is so worn out it has tread marks all over it. Boldin coming to Buffalo is about as likely as Jim Kelly un-retiring and returning to play in Buffalo again ....

Peters gave up more sacks than anyone in the NFL this year at left tackle, like 10.5.

He was ranked 32'nd in sacks.

Individual players giving up sacks is a poor stat and not conclusive. Yes, he did have a bad year but we have seen him play much better and WR is not one our major problems.

He's under contract for the next two years.

You obviously live in LaLa land.

In today's game of football you play football players their percieved value or you suffer the consequences. Don't you get that!? To many people here just don't get it!

Peters is worth a lot more than $3.5 Mil a year. Of course his agent is gunning for more money, that is his freaking job. Give me a break, No wonder he fired his last agent. Think about it for a sec, if you are able to. Peters, ProBowl up and coming LT (footballs most coveted position after QB), getting payed well below the LT average, and third most on the Bills O-Line with over 3 years left on his contract (going into 2008). What do you do? "Be a team player and good boyscout" and lose $20 Million dollars. Or do you hire one of the best agents in all of football and he advises you to play hardball. DUHHHHH!!!!!

You listen to the agent!!!

So now what do we have? A disgruntled probowl LT, who wants what is rightfully his! FAIR PAY!!! Nothing more, nothing less.

You pay the man what he should get, you will have a happy player, and we get a happy Probowl LT that will Protect our QB's blind side and pancake DE's in the ground game for the next 6-7 years.

But of course, "smart People" like you and Senator don't see that.

Also another thing.

All these dumb ass stats of Peters Giving up more sacks than anyone.

I got one here for you

Season Team Passing Rushing Fumbles

G GS Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate Att Yds Avg TD FUM Lost

2006 Pittsburgh Steelers 15 15 280 469 59.7 3,513 7.5 18 23 46 280 75.4 32 98 3.1 2 5 2

This is what Rothlesburger did in 2006

What I am assuming is that by giving these sack stats against Peters, you are justifying that he doesn't deserve more money and that we should either get rid of him, trade him or just let him be pissed and have him sit out the season.

So based on the same logic, what Roethlesburger did in 2006, they should of just got rid of him right? I mean he had a 75.4 qb rating which is far lower than what Trent did this past year. He threw lots more Int's than TD's and gave up a shi$%t load of sacks with less than a 60 % accuracy.

They should of dropped the Bum!!

instead of doing that they payed him over $100 Million and they won a super bowl.

What a bunch of dumbasses

Ya you guys are right, lets Let Peters walk away or trade him based on his one crappy season. :blink:

Individual players giving up sacks is a poor stat and not conclusive. Yes, he did have a bad year but we have seen him play much better and WR is not one our major problems.

Really. Your left tackle getting beat repeatedly is not a concern? Interesting. How about Peters shows up this

year and plays well?

After his little stunt this past off season, I would recommend he attend ALL activities, and put himself in position

for contract negotiations following the 2009 season.

Given his current contract which he's signed through 2010, his holdout, and his poor play I wouldn't give him

anything right now.

Also, I think he really screwed himself this past year. No GM in the league is going to re-sign him now to a huge

contract before seeing if he shows up or not in 2009.

Also another thing.

All these dumb ass stats of Peters Giving up more sacks than anyone.

I got one here for you

Season Team Passing Rushing Fumbles

G GS Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate Att Yds Avg TD FUM Lost

2006 Pittsburgh Steelers 15 15 280 469 59.7 3,513 7.5 18 23 46 280 75.4 32 98 3.1 2 5 2

What I am assuming is that by giving Peters stats on sacks allowed, you are justifying that Peters doesn't deserve more money and that we should either get rid of him, trade him or just let him be pissed and have him sit out the season.

So based on what Roethlesburger did this year, they should of just got rid of him right? I mean he had a 75.4 qb rating which is far lower than what Trent did this past year. He threw lots more Int's than TD's and gave up a shi$%t load of sacks with less than a 60 % accuracy.

They should of dropped the Bum!!

instead of doing that they payed him over $100 Million and they won a super bowl.

What a bunch of dumbasses

Ya you guys are right, lets Let Peters walk away or trade him based on his one crappy season. :blink:

Grow up or go away.

Really. Your left tackle getting beat repeatedly is not a concern? Interesting. How about Peters shows up this

year and plays well?

After his little stunt this past off season, I would recommend he attend ALL activities, and put himself in position

for contract negotiations following the 2009 season.

Given his current contract which he's signed through 2010, his holdout, and his poor play I wouldn't give him

anything right now.

Also, I think he really screwed himself this past year. No GM in the league is going to re-sign him now to a huge

contract before seeing if he shows up or not in 2009.

All I'm saying is it's hard to tell who gets beat on a sack. Could be a screw up on assignments, maybe the guard taking the wrong guy.. I'm not defending Peters and don't try to make it that I'm saying something I'm not. I never said the LT getting beat is not a concern.

In today's game of football you play football players their percieved value or you suffer the consequences. Don't you get that!? To many people here just don't get it!

Peters is worth a lot more than $3.5 Mil a year. Of course his agent is gunning for more money, that is his freaking job. Give me a break, No wonder he fired his last agent. Think about it for a sec, if you are able to. Peters, ProBowl up and coming LT (footballs most coveted position after QB), getting payed well below the LT average, and third most on the Bills O-Line with over 3 years left on his contract (going into 2008). What do you do? "Be a team player and good boyscout" and lose $20 Million dollars. Or do you hire one of the best agents in all of football and he advises you to play hardball. DUHHHHH!!!!!

So now what do we have? A disgruntled probowl LT, who wants what is rightfully his! FAIR PAY!!! Nothing more, nothing less.

You pay the man what he should get, you will have a happy player, and we get a happy Probowl LT that will Protect our QB's blind side and pancake DE's in the ground game for the next 6-7 years.

We see where that got him, don't we all. Why didn't he do that this year? Fair question.

We see where that got him, don't we all. Why didn't he do that this year? Fair question.

I'm not happy with his production last year, I don't think anyone is. His agent gave him advice, and it ended up being bad advice. It go no one closer to where they needed to be. All I am saying is that Peters was going on his proven agent's advice, so of course he listens to him. At the end it backfired him.

It still doesn't take away the fact that he is a probowl calibur LT and that in today's game, you pay to play. You don't pay, well you saw what the consequences were. You got a player who didn't come into camp and showed up the day before the game and it took him half the season to get in shape.

You have to pay him what he is worth. He wasn't even the 3rd highest paid Offensive Line man on his team. Are you telling me, that if you worked in an office and you had 2 other guys in your office, that you know bring more value to the company than these other two, and you know you can not get a pay raise for another 3 years, and they are getting paid double what you are, that you are gonna just be the good little boy scout and just suck it up for the company.

I would hope not! He deserves more, and I am willing to bet anyone, that someone will pay him his true worth, and that he will return to top notch probowl calibur football again. If we don't pay him, someone else GAURANTEED will pay him top $$.

Scenario #1. AZ needs a LT BADLY, to replace Gandy. We have one and need an elite WR to complimant Evans' deep threat...som, trade Peters and swap 1st's with AZ for Bolden...spend the $$, Bolden fits perfectly with a check down offense as he can create yardage after the catch.

I don't like the idea of the inner circle-jerks trading Peters. People on this board have mentioned the Pats' and Giants' OL's having late round draft picks and free agents starting on them. Well, Jason Peters was an undrafted rookie free agent tight end, who has quickly become one of the best LT's in the game. That's the kind of value FA signing you want to pay top buck and make your left tackle for 10 -12 years! It is the only really great story that has come out of One Bills Drive since the late great John Butler took off for the west coast. Tom Donahoe signed him, and it was down-right Polian-esque for Donahoe to see the potential in the kid.

So who knows what the inner circle will bring us this March and April? But if they need to shave salary to pay Peters, then they should cut their losses and dump Dockery and his 7 Million a season, and draft one of the excellent guard-center types in the first 3 rounds to replace him.

Who the hell says peters is worth more than his current contract? I ahvent seen anything.

NEWSFLASH FOR YOU HARDHEADS...........Peters isnt getting a new contract this year. IF he does I will leave this board forever. therefore, another holdout will ensue, followed but sh------- play, and a dinged up Trentski.

Peters is not one of the best LT's playing the game... The best LT's don't give up 10+ sacks in 13 games... anyone arguing agasnst that fact has desperate blinders on.

Until Peters plays LT at a very high level consistently (for more then 1 season) he doesn't deserve to one of the top 5 payed LT's...Maybe Peters shouldn't have held out last year, he in no way deserved the probowl nod in 2009 and he missed camp and a few games and he looked like dog crap for most of the season and probably cost us the playoffs...

the Peters love affair is unwarranted, he proved what type of player he really is in 2008

Q. Why are you so belligerent?

A. You're a jackass

B. You watch too much ESPN and don't have an original thought

C. You rant about fair pay, when no one said anything about contract negotiations

D. You're a jackass

E. All of the above

Grow up or go away.

Interesting, your choice of words. Know why? Because typically, that’s what I think to myself every time I read a “trade the best offensive lineman on the team” thread. I mean, verbatim: “Grow up or go away.” Trading the best lineman on the team is stoopid. No matter your justification. Yes, he gave up 11.5 sacks...supposedly. Since, you know, sacks-given-up is not an official NFL statistic, so it’s a completely subjective total. He played 13.5 games, which average about 55 offensive snaps (which, as a general side note, is piss poor offense), for a total of approximately 740 plays. So your (and everyone else’s) justification for trading the guy is that he went from making 4 mistakes (supposedly) in 740 plays to 11.5 mistakes (again, supposedly) in 740 plays.

At this point, it's probably fashionable to ask how many of those sacks were the result of the QB holding the ball too long, the WRs failing to get open in time, or un-accounted-for blitzers that come untouched from the left side, which undoubtedly all get counted against Peters. However, I’m going to ignore those things for the purpose of my post and move along.

Yes, I know, all the other tackles in the league gave up fewer sacks (supposedly). Guess what? He’s the best lineman on the team, and trading him makes the team worse, and that is a fact that most trade proponents want to ignore. So allow me to provide some perspective: the guy held out, and as a result had a poor first half to the season.

I’ve said it before that holdouts, whether you like them or not, are a fact of life in the NFL. Bruce Smith held out of training camp every single off-season. He whined for a new contract every year. Now, whenever anybody talks about him, they don’t have a bad word to say. Why? Because he overcame that stigma over time.

Now I’m not comparing Peters to Smith, but it’s only fair that Peters is given the chance to do the same. And yes, it should be at a salary that is competitive to the market. Anybody out there that starts banging the “he signed a contract” drum is, in my opinion, a hypocrite. He outperformed a deal that he signed when playing a different position, and wants to be paid like it. This is simply the way that business works. If any of you out there don’t believe that you would deserve a raise if you outperformed your role and salary where you work, then you need to understand that you are selling yourself short. I realize that football is not the same as most of our jobs, but the priciple does not change.

Peters is not one of the best LT's playing the game... The best LT's don't give up 10+ sacks in 13 games... anyone arguing agasnst that fact has desperate blinders on.

Until Peters plays LT at a very high level consistently (for more then 1 season) he doesn't deserve to one of the top 5 payed LT's...Maybe Peters shouldn't have held out last year, he in no way deserved the probowl nod in 2009 and he missed camp and a few games and he looked like dog crap for most of the season and probably cost us the playoffs...

the Peters love affair is unwarranted, he proved what type of player he really is in 2008

Right. I'm sure that's the reason. Couldn't have been any of the following:

Poor QB play

Uncreative, uninspired offensive game planning

Horrific in-game management

Undewhelming defense that forces very few turnovers

Complete lack of a secondary threat in the passing game

Non-existent production from the tight end position

Fewest sacks in the league from the defensive ends

Fear not, your total lack of thought is forgiven.

:thumbsup: