Bo?

I hate the idea of drafting a TE in the first round so what about making a realistic run at Bo Scaife? I only know a little bit about the guy because he was on my fantasy team but hes a very solid player who I do not think has fully reached his peak. He had 58 catches on a Titans team that was extremly run heavy.

Is this a guy we want the Bills to target?

Also please feel free to end each response with some kind of... BO KNOWS blank comment

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bo would be an upgrade, Daniels would be an upgrade, and there are a few in the draft that would be an upgrade. I will be happy with anyone who makes the position better.

But, if I were in charge, I would take another shot at Gonzalez. I know we tried once and he doesn't want to come here. So what? Try again.

Bo would be an upgrade, Daniels would be an upgrade, and there are a few in the draft that would be an upgrade. I will be happy with anyone who makes the position better.

But, if I were in charge, I would take another shot at Gonzalez. I know we tried once and he doesn't want to come here. So what? Try again.

Why bring in a player who doesn't want to be there? Show me the production there.

Why bring in a player who doesn't want to be there? Show me the production there.

Obviously, you try to make him WANT to come here. He won't be coming to Buffalo if he doesn't want to. But, one rejection shouldn't be the end of it. Make him think you really want him, and that he will be a difference maker. Have some ex-Bills he knows talk to him. That sort of thing. Why not make the effort?

Obviously, you try to make him WANT to come here. He won't be coming to Buffalo if he doesn't want to. But, one rejection shouldn't be the end of it. Make him think you really want him, and that he will be a difference maker. Have some ex-Bills he knows talk to him. That sort of thing. Why not make the effort?

Well never saw it in that light, but it makes sense. kuddos

Well never saw it in that light, but it makes sense. kuddos

The reason I would like to see them really go after a guy like Gonzalez is, he is a known-commodity and a star. I think the Bills neglect their TE for games on end. Some of that might be the quality of the TEs, but I suspect that the TE really isn't integral to the thinking in the game plan, week to week. With a guy like Gonzo on the team, I think the team will almost HAVE to consider him, and use him as a weapon. I think that would really help the growth of Trent, and the offense in general.

A guy like Bo would be an upgrade on the field, but I'm not sure the team would feel the full-force of that upgrade, if they don't properly use him. Sometimes you have to get talent that is so good, or comes in with such a reputation, that it compels the coach to use it.

He didn't want to come here when we were 5-1 so why would he now?

Dunno.

Did you ever get turned down by a hot chick, and then ask her out again, and get a date? People change their minds, and sometimes they can be convinced.

Your response reflects a defeatist attitude. I'm certain that you aren't the person I would send to recruit Gonzalez.

I agree, we should try again. Due diligence, I'm all for it. When it fails the 2nd time, and it will, go get Scaife, he'd be an upgrade for sure.

FWIW I heard it on ESPN radio last night that it was Peterson who nixed the deal, not Gonzales. They had the KC beat writer on and he said Gonzo pretty much would have played any where. Peterson got greedy. Supposedly.

It was mentioned on ESPN yesterday that unless there are significant team moves for the Chiefs, Gonzales probably wants out. He ranks #1 in TDs, catches and yards all time for TEs. I have had him several different years as a fantasy TE and with living in KC, I have watched him play quite a bit. He is a lock hall of famer but at this stage in his career, I wonder how much gas he has in the tank. The Eagles or Cards were brought up as a possible good fit for him now. With that being said, I still would trade a 4th rd pick or maybe a 3rd for him in a heartbeat just to improve what little playmaking we have at that position.

I'd take Scaife and I think he'd be better with TrINT than he was with Collins and Young. TrINT is a dump off kind of guy and Scaife knows how to get open, not to mention that he's a solid blocker. It would be a good match for the both of us.

I'd give Scaife a 3-4 year contract worth about 3mil/year with incentives. That's about it. Right now a cadaver would be an upgrade over Robert "I'm The King" Royal. I'm optimistic about Fine but I don't think he is a sure thing. Scaife at least is kinda like a poor man's Witten.

C

I'd give Scaife a 3-4 year contract worth about 3mil/year with incentives. That's about it. Right now a cadaver would be an upgrade over Robert "I'm The King" Royal. I'm optimistic about Fine but I don't think he is a sure thing. Scaife at least is kinda like a poor man's Witten.

C

That's crazy talk.

You're comparing a guy that averages 42 rec at 9.75 yds each and less than 2 TDs per season to Jason Witten. Not even close. Scaife is not a poor man's Witten, he's not even a broke man's Witten. If the Bills want production on par with Witten (avg. 71 rec at 11.37 yds each with 4.16 TDs per season), they need to draft somebody. If they want another over-glorified backup, go with Scaife. Sorry, but spending $3M+ per year for a guy that's never caught more than 2 TDs seems kind of illogical to me.

The bottom line, in my opinion, is that the good tight ends get drafted and develop through a system (save for Antonio Gates, but his situation was different as a basketball player). About the only FA tight end I can remember having an impact on his new team, at least in the last several years, is Visanthe Shiancoe...he was pretty good with Minnesota this year. The top player at TE in FA last year was Ben Utecht, and he went on to have a wopping 17 catches with Cincinnati.

No thanks on Scaife and his 2 TDs. The Bills should draft a tight end in round 2 or 3.