SB Rings ..do practice squad players get them?

BuffaloBill

Buddy of mine and I were discussing this yesterday. Sickening to think that depth guys on the roster who may have never played a down of NFL football in a real game get rings but many other NFL greats do not. I know this is the way of the NFL world but still an interesting question. If for no other reason the things are valuable from a monetary standpoint.

Buddy of mine and I were discussing this yesterday. Sickening to think that depth guys on the roster who may have never played a down of NFL football in a real game get rings but many other NFL greats do not. I know this is the way of the NFL world but still an interesting question. If for no other reason the things are valuable from a monetary standpoint.

Football's a team game and even practice squad guys play a signficant role, why shouldn't they get a ring?

Football's a team game and even practice squad guys play a signficant role, why shouldn't they get a ring?

Not sure yet that they do .... but also interesting to note that guys signed to the roster late in the season due to injuries may also get them. Is there a rule about number of games a player has appeared in or been on the roster that applies?

I think FO staff even get them. Also, I recall a story where Polian gave one to Edge when the Colts won. Despite Edge going to Arizona, Polian said he was instrumental in the team that won the SB.

Lets put it this way Edgerin James a player who did not play for th Championship colts Received a Superbowl Ring from The colts.

Ill let you draw the conclusion. :w00t:

Each team decides who gets a ring because it comes out of the owner's pocket, and the tradition is to be very generous with all support staff, including practice squad players and the PR guy.

Teams also have a history of giving out many more rings when they win for the first time as opposed to the second or third. The Patriots issued a lot more rings for their first Super Bowl victory to reward people who had been close to the organization than they did for their next two.

There are no NFL rules that dictate who gets them and who doesn't.

Bills gave out AFC championship rings to almost everyone in the organization, so yes PS players would also get it.

Ralph agreed to split the cost 70/30 for anyone in the organization who wanted one.

There are more than a handful of posters here who will think that statement is true.

Each team decides who gets a ring because it comes out of the owner's pocket, and the tradition is to be very generous with all support staff, including practice squad players and the PR guy.

Teams also have a history of giving out many more rings when they win for the first time as opposed to the second or third. The Patriots issued a lot more rings for their first Super Bowl victory to reward people who had been close to the organization than they did for their next two.

There are no NFL rules that dictate who gets them and who doesn't.

A guy I work with has a Giants Super Bowl ring. It was his fathers, a long time fan and season ticket holder and aquaintance of the Maras. It has his name and instead of the player number, the year (86 I think) He tells how Wellington Mara always said to his Dad, "If we ever win one, you will get a ring too, you have supported us through some tough years" Sure enough, when the rings were distributed, there was one with D. Sternberg "86" .

A guy I work with has a Giants Super Bowl ring. It was his fathers, a long time fan and season ticket holder and aquaintance of the Maras. It has his name and instead of the player number, the year (86 I think) He tells how Wellington Mara always said to his Dad, "If we ever win one, you will get a ring too, you have supported us through some tough years" Sure enough, when the rings were distributed, there was one with D. Sternberg "86" .

Wow, that's an awesome story. Don't mistake me for a Giants sympathizer, but they didn't come much classier than Wellington Mara.

A friend of mine worked two or three layers deep in the department that handles the ribbon boards and score boards at the Pepsi Center in Denver and he got a "replica" Stanley Cup ring with his name on it. Looks virtually the same to the naked eye, but obviously the jewels and gems aren't real.

My guess would be yes PS players do get rings. They were/are instrumental in the success the team has each week replicating the opponents plays and formations.

Lets put it this way Edgerin James a player who did not play for th Championship colts Received a Superbowl Ring from The colts.

Ill let you draw the conclusion. :w00t:

I almost think that that was Polian's way of rubbing it in that he left.........you see what you missed. If I was EJ I wouldn't be able to wear it or display it with any kind of pride. I think it is an odd gesture.

I almost think that that was Polian's way of rubbing it in that he left.........you see what you missed. If I was EJ I wouldn't be able to wear it or display it with any kind of pride. I think it is an odd gesture.

I'd have absolutely no problem wearing it.