Seriously.... Whos worth our 11th pick?

The_Dude

Who are you willing to pay a #11 pick for that we need? Im going to say that the DEs in this years draft may not be worth the money they would cost at #11... Who do you think is worth it that we need?

Brian Orakpo, B.J. Raji, Everette Brown, Rau Maulaluga, Brandon Pettigrew, and possibly Aaaron Maybin. Other than that we could either trade up or down in the draft order to aquire other talent.

Who are you willing to pay a #11 pick for that we need? Im going to say that the DEs in this years draft may not be worth the money they would cost at #11... Who do you think is worth it that we need?

Only Maulaluga or Raji would be worth that pick to me, but we have bigger need positions than DT and LB. But they would be the top talent I expect to be there that would be of some use to us. If we get rid of McCargo in a trade maybe Raji makes more sense.

Raji, Brown, Orakpo, M. Johnson, Cushing, Pettigrew, Jerry, one of the OT's. I expect one of those names to come off the board with the 11th pick. Whether they are worth it or not, I will let you decide.

Personally, Raji, Brown, Orakpo will all be off the board. Cushing, Pettigrew, and Jerry are reaches. Buffalo hates TE, so count out Pettigrew. Knowing DJ, he prob loves Ellison. To me its down to two paths, Jerry in a big reach or an OT. OT is ruled out if we resign peters, peters is on his way out of town with the drafting of an OT. Both of the last two scenarios are typical Bills moves.

McCargo cost us a 3rd round pick already, the one we should've gotten from Indy. I don't think we're going to be able to move the guy honestly. Raji would make sense only if DE was addressed in FA. Raji is worth the #11 choice though. I'd say that Everett Brown and Brian Orakpo are worthy of the #11 pick as well. I think it's possible that the top 4 OT's in the first ten picks of the draft, but Oher, Monroe, Jason Smith, or Andre Smith would be worthy. I think that Crabtree is th only WR worthy. Sanchez or Stafford would be a steal at #11. Aaron Curry would surely be worthy of the selction. There are alot of guys that can improve their stock at the combine, but I'm keeping an eye on Maualuga, Laurinaitis, Macklin, Harvin, Maybin, Michael Johnson, Tyson Jackson, Brandon Pettigrew, Larry English, and Peria Jerry. Those guys all have a chance at being selected in my opinion.

There is no DE in this years draft worthy of the #11 pick, I PROMISE. I would never draft a TE that early either plus I dont believe that Coffman or Petigrew are the type of passing TEs that we need... So that leaves most of us with a WTH do we draft question. There are a few players I like and before I get into them Id like to say SCREW CROWELL! Screw that guy for how he played his cards this season.... For the #11 I like

BJ Raji

Aaron Curry or

Rey Maualuga

I think that we can still get a good DE in the 2nd round like Paul Kruger out of Utah and Robert Ayers from Tennessee.

There is no DE in this years draft worthy of the #11 pick, I PROMISE. I would never draft a TE that early either plus I dont believe that Coffman or Petigrew are the type of passing TEs that we need... So that leaves most of us with a WTH do we draft question. There are a few players I like and before I get into them Id like to say SCREW CROWELL! Screw that guy for how he played his cards this season.... For the #11 I like

BJ Raji

Aaron Curry or

Rey Maualuga

I think that we can still get a good DE in the 2nd round like Paul Kruger out of Utah and Robert Ayers from Tennessee.

What makes you so confident that none of the DEs are worth drafting?

For the first time in a long time, it's not like we have to run the table on our draft class = picks 1-5 have a good chance of starting.

A case can be made for all of the players listed above. We will probably get help from the return of Schobel, Crowell(if he signs) and Digiorgio. Worst case 2 of them are done. We still don't know what we have in Ellis...but he looked pretty good in the pre-season I thought. LB and DE might not be as critical as some have said, given that we have at least 2 coming back at each position. Who knows about Bowen.

So for me, I don't see the 11th pick as absolutely critical. Therefore, I'd like to see us take Raji, if he is there, and a TE(Coffman) in the second round. I'd trade up in the third and get the best Center available.

Basically I think we have a lot more flexibility than in years past, so a trade up in the first to get an elite player isn't out of the question for me either. I don't think a trade down is a good idea = why do we want to get more back-up/stop gap type players instead of a few good ones? That's for the teams like the Lions.

BJ Raji

Aaron Curry or

Rey Maualuga

There is no way Aaron Curry is on the board when we pick. He won't make it out of the top 5.

For the first time in a long time, it's not like we have to run the table on our draft class = picks 1-5 have a good chance of starting.

A case can be made of all of the players listed above. We will probably get help from the return of Schobel, Crowell(if he signs) and Digiorgio. Worst case 2 of them are done. We still don't know what we have in Ellis...but he looked pretty good in the pre-season I thought. LB and DE might not be as critical as some have said, given that we have at least 2 coming back at each position. Who knows about Bowen.

So for me, I don't see the 11th pick as absolutely critical. Therefore, I'd like to see us take Raji, if he is there, and a TE(Coffman) in the second round. I'd trade up in the third and get the best Center available.

Basically I think we have a lot more flexibility than in years past, so a trade up in the first to get an elite player isn't out of the question for me either. I don't think a trade down is a good idea = why do we want to get more back-up/stop gap type players instead of a few good ones? That's for the teams like the Lions.

It would be great if they could get Raji - we need more guys on the DL, not necessarily at DE. This guy had something like 8 sacks last year. Imagine him next to Stroud. They might even make Kelsey look good...

It would be great if they could get Raji - we need more guys on the DL, not necessarily at DE. This guy had something like 8 sacks last year. Imagine him next to Stroud. They might even make Kelsey look good...

See that's the thing. At each personnel group, we are talking about needing one good player. It's not like it was 2 years ago, when we clearly needed 2-4 players in every group. I.E. They made some drastic moves to get an O line, so now we only need one good Center to either be a backup/eventually start.

If we are going to keep playing Cover-2, then we need to get Raji. Nothing helps the DEs like chaos in the middle. Kyle Williams is a hustler, and he works hard, but we need more consistent chaos out of the middle, and out of the D line in general. I thought we had it after the Seattle game.

See that's the thing. At each personnel group, we are talking about needing one good player. It's not like it was 2 years ago, when we clearly needed 2-4 players in every group. I.E. They made some drastic moves to get an O line, so now we only need one good Center to either be a backup/eventually start.

If we are going to keep playing Cover-2, then we need to get Raji. Nothing helps the DEs like chaos in the middle. Kyle Williams is a hustler, and he works hard, but we need more consistent chaos out of the middle, and out of the D line in general. I thought we had it after the Seattle game.

I did too. I remember watching that thinking about how sweet it was going to be watching Stroud rip apart offensive lines all season. I think another semi-dominant to dominant big guy int he middle would open up everyone else - look how far it got Jacksonville when they had Stroud and Henderson. That defense had some good players, but it was mostly predicated off of those two dominating.

There is no way Aaron Curry is on the board when we pick. He won't make it out of the top 5.

Agree. I think KC takes a hard look at him at #3...offensive tackle, pass rusher or LB will help them the most. The OT's look to dominate the first 7-8 picks, but with the upheaval at KC it's not glamorous to take a lineman. Maybe the Bills' experience with Mike Williams moves them to take Curry.

Brian Orakpo, B.J. Raji, Rau Maulaluga, Brandon Pettigrew

I think its those four guys. They could all help the Bills and you could consider all of them to be at a "need" position. If all of those guys are on the board at #11 (highly doubtful) I would be SHOCKED if the Bills selected Pettigrew. Too many people have Pettigrew pegged to Buffalo which makes sense then that we won't pick him. Bills logic. If three of four are gone I'd trade down and try to pick up the scraps.

A HIGHLY unlikely scenario but I will throw it out there to stir the pot. It won't be Stafford, but what if the QB Sanchez were still there at #11 and three out of four of the guys mentioned above are gone? I know, I know another California QB. It would make some sense though, Edwards had an un-even season, Losman is gone, and I'm sorry Hamdan is a #3 at best.

Agree. I think KC takes a hard look at him at #3...offensive tackle, pass rusher or LB will help them the most. The OT's look to dominate the first 7-8 picks, but with the upheaval at KC it's not glamorous to take a lineman. Maybe the Bills' experience with Mike Williams moves them to take Curry.

I think that this would be the perfect pick for a up and coming team like the Chiefs. I just don't see how Kansas City could possibly pass on Curry. He would bring some pass rushing ability from LB, which is exactly what KC could use more of.