Seriously.... Whos worth our 11th pick?

The_Dude

See that's the thing. At each personnel group, we are talking about needing one good player. It's not like it was 2 years ago, when we clearly needed 2-4 players in every group. I.E. They made some drastic moves to get an O line, so now we only need one good Center to either be a backup/eventually start.

If we are going to keep playing Cover-2, then we need to get Raji. Nothing helps the DEs like chaos in the middle. Kyle Williams is a hustler, and he works hard, but we need more consistent chaos out of the middle, and out of the D line in general. I thought we had it after the Seattle game.

This is not a draft where many guys stand out as sure bets.

A lot of good players and not really any great players. I don't think you can look at any one player and say he is in the pro bowl for the next 5 years. players 11-25 seem pretty equal in talent unless you need a specific position.

With regard to TE is see little difference in the top 5-6 in terms of talent.

There is no DE in this years draft worthy of the #11 pick, I PROMISE. I would never draft a TE that early either plus I dont believe that Coffman or Petigrew are the type of passing TEs that we need... So that leaves most of us with a WTH do we draft question. There are a few players I like and before I get into them Id like to say SCREW CROWELL! Screw that guy for how he played his cards this season.... For the #11 I like

BJ Raji

Aaron Curry or

Rey Maualuga

I think that we can still get a good DE in the 2nd round like Paul Kruger out of Utah and Robert Ayers from Tennessee.

no kidding man i totally agree there is no DE worth #11 and it would be a readh to pick any of them @ 11 as a need pick.

all these people who want orapko i just dont understand it did they ever watch the guy play if they did how they could want him @ 11 is beyond me. he's an ok player but nothing special. go to espn scouts inc and look @ his write up there is not one area he is exceptional @ espically as an elite pass rusher. in fact they make a point of saying how he is not fast off the snap no expolosion off the snap. no thanks.

I think its those four guys. They could all help the Bills and you could consider all of them to be at a "need" position. If all of those guys are on the board at #11 (highly doubtful) I would be SHOCKED if the Bills selected Pettigrew. Too many people have Pettigrew pegged to Buffalo which makes sense then that we won't pick him. Bills logic. If three of four are gone I'd trade down and try to pick up the scraps.

A HIGHLY unlikely scenario but I will throw it out there to stir the pot. It won't be Stafford, but what if the QB Sanchez were still there at #11 and three out of four of the guys mentioned above are gone? I know, I know another California QB. It would make some sense though, Edwards had an un-even season, Losman is gone, and I'm sorry Hamdan is a #3 at best.

are you serious a QB@ 11 give me a freaking break. the TE is a good blocker but is lazy and does not stretch the field and his YAC yards are not one of his strong suits sounds like the 3 guys we already have no way.

IMO they take a linebacker of ragi if he is there.

Only Maulaluga or Raji would be worth that pick to me, but we have bigger need positions than DT and LB. But they would be the top talent I expect to be there that would be of some use to us. If we get rid of McCargo in a trade maybe Raji makes more sense.

I got to disagree with the lbs. I was reading an article in the news today about the Pitt lbs. They have comprised this year 38 of the Steelers 51 sacks. We have no lbs that could flat out get after the qb. I do not know if any of the lbs in the drafdt this year fit that description & would be worthy of the 11th pick, but if there is, I would like the bills to grab them.

I got to disagree with the lbs. I was reading an article in the news today about the Pitt lbs. They have comprised this year 38 of the Steelers 51 sacks. We have no lbs that could flat out get after the qb. I do not know if any of the lbs in the drafdt this year fit that description & would be worthy of the 11th pick, but if there is, I would like the bills to grab them.

The Steelers play a 3-4, and specifically one where the DEs are mostly there to tie up blockers. In that scheme, the pass rush comes from LBs, even when they don't blitz. We play a 4-3, where the non-blitz pass rush needs to come from DEs.

The Steelers play a 3-4, and specifically one where the DEs are mostly there to tie up blockers. In that scheme, the pass rush comes from LBs, even when they don't blitz. We play a 4-3, where the non-blitz pass rush needs to come from DEs.

I know what style defense they play. What does that have to do with anything? Bottomline is we do not have any playmaking lbs. Are you saying just because we play a 4-3 we do have the need for any lbs to get to the qb?

I know what style defense they play. What does that have to do with anything? Bottomline is we do not have any playmaking lbs. Are you saying just because we play a 4-3 we do have the need for any lbs to get to the qb?

I realize that it is a different style of defense and naturally there will be more pressure coming from the linebackers, but I do have to agree that we could use a playmaking linebacker, I just dont think its one of our biggest needs. I was the one who put up the original post saying that I thought the only two players talented enough worth taking at 11 that might still be around are Maulaluga and Raji. I wouldnt be mad if we took either of them, I just think we have bigger needs.

My take is Raji or Cushing.

Raji can create havoc up the middle. (a QB likes to step up towards the middle when pressured) this would take that away and force him to the outside which is what we want.

Cushing is a 3 down OLB with good speed that can rush the passer and also cover a RB or TE.

Maulaluga has been mentioned quite a bit but after the senior bowl it was said he couldn't cover his own shadow in a passing situation.

I love this stuff.