Tampa has 43 strip clubs

RLflutie7

Manz Venus. Unreal.

It's actually spelled "Mons Venus" and it is supposedly the world's most infamous strip club.

Do you know where it is? It's on the Dale Mabry Highway, across the street and about three blocks down from Raymond James Stadium. Which means it's on the same side of the street as the Yankees' spring training complex.

I saw the place when I was in Tampa a few years back. And no, I didn't go in. My wife was with me.

Also, supposedly the only banned activity in the Mons Venus is biting the dancers. :thumbsup:

Back in Jan. '91 when we beat the Raiders in the AFC title game, several of them were spotted at the ballet the night before.

Bo knows ballet!

P.S. I find it ironic that the article was written by a Phoenix paper. That area has a pretty impressive per capita ratio of strip clubs, too. Hey, it was part of doing business in a former life. Customer was always right.

More from Tampa Tribune:

Tampa - The Superbowl brings thousands of visitors and plenty of money to the city. With that comes a notorious element: Prostitution.

Tampa police say they are working to combat the problem. Monday morning, police conducted an operation to crack down. By days end, police had arrested 13 people.

"It's not going to end until the last plane of tourist leaves town," Tampa police capt. Bret Bartlett said.

They also said they are targeting the strip clubs, massage parlors etc. etc.

I guess Tampa has a "six feet" rule for strip clubs.

That is correct. The story I heard and take it FWIW was a while back there was a race for county commissioner or something or other and the previous CC had been at the seat for sometime but was being challenged by one of the locals who so happened to be the owner of a dozen gentlemens clubs in the area. Well I guess the race got very tight at the end and but the current CC held on and made some type of law or statute out of spite to the guy that ran against him that for the "entertainers" safety they were not allowed to get within 6 feet of a customer during a private dance. I guess this was an effort to thwart this guys businesses for running against him. Remember I heard this 2nd hand so take it with a grain.

Massive Dittos...on the girls.

The fact that it looks like it started as some guy's house, added on to with a trailer, added on to with half a building, added on to with another trailer??? That was simply hysterical.

Yup you been there. Not much from the outside by the inside has some sights.

It's actually spelled "Mons Venus" and it is supposedly the world's most infamous strip club.

Do you know where it is? It's on the Dale Mabry Highway, across the street and about three blocks down from Raymond James Stadium. Which means it's on the same side of the street as the Yankees' spring training complex.

I saw the place when I was in Tampa a few years back. And no, I didn't go in. My wife was with me.

Also, supposedly the only banned activity in the Mons Venus is biting the dancers. :thumbsup:

Yes I have been to MONS. Sorry I misspelled its been years. They actually have a bus full of strippers that hangs out by the stadium that you can get "entertained" by before and after the game. Unreal, I think they put a stop to that a while ago though.

Yes I have been to MONS. Sorry I misspelled its been years. They actually have a bus full of strippers that hangs out by the stadium that you can get "entertained" by before and after the game. Unreal, I think they put a stop to that a while ago though.

Yes they did stop it. They were in the parking lot accross from the RayJ. It was when the Bills played the Buc's here in Tampa in 05.

Why? They'll do couples dances. :thumbsup:

You wanna be my divorce lawyer??? :thumbsup:

Actually, I don't partake of such places. A lot of them have closed in the Cleveland area, because of the economy and the fact that all you really need these days is a credit card and a high-speed Internet connection.

Plus, those skanky dancers can't come anywhere near you online. :)

You wanna be my divorce lawyer??? :thumbsup:

Actually, I don't partake of such places. A lot of them have closed in the Cleveland area, because of the economy and the fact that all you really need these days is a credit card and a high-speed Internet connection.

Plus, those skanky dancers can't come anywhere near you online. :thumbsup:

Hey Mike....Is Christie's still around?

Yes they did stop it. They were in the parking lot accross from the RayJ. It was when the Bills played the Buc's here in Tampa in 05.

I was at that game. HOLY HELL was it hot that day. Spent Saturday night in Channelside wasted. Had unreal seats from our company. Brutally hot day though.

Hey Mike....Is Christie's still around?

Yes, still at the same place in the Flats. It's one of only three or four places open on the West Bank, so I have no idea how well it's doing. A former client of mine is a bouncer there.