Keep an eye on the OT Jordan Gross negotiations

Ramius

The Panthers and Gross seem to want to work out a long term deal, and have motivation to do it before the franchise tag deadline (the panthers either tag gross, or sign gross and tag peppers). Unless the Bills shock us all, this will have a major impact on any potential long term peters deal. Gross is reportedly wants to be the highest paid OT (worth it, imo), and schefter mentioned that it would probably take 20-25 million guaranteed to get done. Whatever Gross signs for, look for that to be the starting point for Peters in the coming months.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they can hold Gross, Peppers will definitely get tagged, regardless of what he says. The Panthers should have no trouble finding a trading partner, and if they don't, Peppers can hold out all season or play for the tender; in either situation, the Panthers would be better off than if they let him go.

The Panthers and Gross seem to want to work out a long term deal, and have motivation to do it before the franchise tag deadline (the panthers either tag gross, or sign gross and tag peppers). Unless the Bills shock us all, this will have a major impact on any potential long term peters deal. Gross is reportedly wants to be the highest paid OT (worth it, imo), and schefter mentioned that it would probably take 20-25 million guaranteed to get done. Whatever Gross signs for, look for that to be the starting point for Peters in the coming months.

Probably a good call Ramius. It will be interesting to see how this plays out at OBD. Another offseason like last isn't gonna do either party any good.

Probably a good call Ramius. It will be interesting to see how this plays out at OBD. Another offseason like last isn't gonna do either party any good.

I got a feeling Buffalo isnt going to pay Peters. We may see the same circus as last year. Peters did have a bad year statistically but he was still pretty dominant. Him making the pro bowl just makes it that much worse.

I got a feeling Buffalo isnt going to pay Peters. We may see the same circus as last year. Peters did have a bad year statistically but he was still pretty dominant. Him making the pro bowl just makes it that much worse.

If we don't pay Peters we will be without a quality LT for years.You just can't replace what Peters is.He is a pro bowl talent and one of the best LTs in the league.We will regret not getting a deal done with this man for years to come.I hope the FO finds a way to get this thing done.

Gross is reportedly wants to be the highest paid OT (worth it, imo)

Really, you think in all of the NFL, you think he deserves to be the highest paid OT? If we took all them and put them in a draft, he wouldn't be drafted top 10 let alone #1. Not saying he wont get it or ask for it, just surprised you say hes worth it.

This deal is going to screw us if Gross gets it...one he's not worth it, and two, Peters knows that and is going to want more. Peters didnt earn a big pay raise this year either...thats the worst part. He was only truly great one year...so how do we know once we pay him he will even live up to the hype of that one great season? I honestly have the feeling that once he gets his big payday there is a chance we will see more seasons like this past one (inconsistent) out of him.

I am not sold he is going to be consistently dominant to warrant the amount of money he may demand if Gross gets the contract you are saying.

They just got to bite the bullett on this one and lock him up. Pay the Man his money!!

Sorry I hate Peters--this time I'll take Bills management side. He stunk this year. I hope Gross signs such a huge deal the Bills will just let Peters walk after his contract is due. If he sits out again--sayonara. The fact is Edwards biggest strength is his poise in the pocket and his fast release. Edwards is not going to get sack often even if Jason Robards is the LT.

The reason I feel this way is the Bills MADE him. Any other team that brought him in might have kept him as a tightend and eventually cut his ungrateful ass.

The fact is Edwards biggest strength is his poise in the pocket and his fast release. Edwards is not going to get sack often even if Jason Robards is the LT.

LOL, I love this urban legend or myth about Trent...if thats his biggest strength then we are in serious trouble.

Everyone made this assesment because in his rookie year he looked calm for a rookie compared to JP running all over the place. The cold hard truth about Trent is that he plays his worst under pressure. He struggled bad even in our wins during the 4-0 stretch when he was pressured. It wasnt until the 4th qtr when both the Rams and Raiders stopped bringing so much pressure that Edwards was finally able to find a rhythm and we could make a comeback...it was so obvious that the announcers even commented on the puzzling lack of pressure these teams decided to bring in the 4th quarter after it had been so effective in the first 3 quarters...

Those games gave teams a clear blue print to beat him...pressure him because he doesnt progress through his reads well. He took horrible sacks because he holds on to the ball too long in the pocket...I mean there were times it had an eternity to throw, then didnt, and took a sack...there is NO excuse for that, and some of those ended up being fumbles too.

This guy is absolutely NOT good under pressure. Just because he doesnt run around in a panic doesnt make him good in the pocket. He could get better, but at this point, its not his strong point.

Trent absolutely needs pass protection at this point to succeed...not to mention he is shell shocked and reluctant to throw now...

The cold hard truth about Trent is that he plays his worst under pressure.

Another great post! :rolleyes: What is wrong with you today? Or, are your posts always this dumb?

I'll give you Doug Flutie. He was at his best on broken plays. Other than him, please name me another quarterback who plays better when he is detting pressured.

LOL, I love this urban legend or myth about Trent...if thats his biggest strength then we are in serious trouble.

Everyone made this assesment because in his rookie year he looked calm for a rookie compared to JP running all over the place. The cold hard truth about Trent is that he plays his worst under pressure. He struggled bad even in our wins during the 4-0 stretch when he was pressured. It wasnt until the 4th qtr when both the Rams and Raiders stopped bringing so much pressure that Edwards was finally able to find a rhythm and we could make a comeback...it was so obvious that the announcers even commented on the puzzling lack of pressure these teams decided to bring in the 4th quarter after it had been so effective in the first 3 quarters...

Those games gave teams a clear blue print to beat him...pressure him because he doesnt progress through his reads well. He took horrible sacks because he holds on to the ball too long in the pocket...I mean there were times it had an eternity to throw, then didnt, and took a sack...there is NO excuse for that, and some of those ended up being fumbles too.

This guy is absolutely NOT good under pressure. Just because he doesnt run around in a panic doesnt make him good in the pocket. He could get better, but at this point, its not his strong point.

Trent absolutely needs pass protection at this point to succeed...not to mention he is shell shocked and reluctant to throw now...

You are just as wrong on this one as the idiotic post you made about Lynch being basically the same as jackson.

Trent Edwards has tremendous poise in the pocket that you very rarely see in a guy this early in his career, not to mention his accuracy is phenomonal. Bill Walsh, a great evaluator of talent (who knows a thing or two about qb talent) endorsed him and had very high praises for him. He is and will be a strength for the Bills for many years to come, next year he will prove you and the rest of the naysayers wrong!! If we would of had the quality of Qb's that we have had here over the last decade we would of lost over half the games we won. The guy is clutch in crunch time and I have tremendous faith that he will be our starting qb for many years to come. Before I came to this message board, I would of never of thought that Bills fan's had negative feelings and biases towards him, and I'm very surprised that there are many people that don't like him.

I guess it's not that surprising, look at all the idiots that want McNabb out of Philly. I guess that shows you that the average fan doesn't know SHI*&T about SHI*&T !!

Another great post! :rolleyes: What is wrong with you today? Or, are your posts always this dumb?

I'll give you Doug Flutie. He was at his best on broken plays. Other than him, please name me another quarterback who plays better when he is detting pressured.

Elway was pretty dern good, Sir Francis too(ceptin that ultimate game that he could never win).

We'll find out a bit more about Warner this coming Sunday won't we? So far in the playoffs he's shown himself to be pretty adept at dumping the ball off...but, that's different than saying he plays better under pressure.

You are just as wrong on this one as the idiotic post you made about Lynch being basically the same as jackson.

Trent Edwards has tremendous poise in the pocket that you very rarely see in a guy this early in his career, not to mention his accuracy is phenomonal. Bill Walsh, a great evaluator of talent (who knows a thing or two about qb talent) endorsed him and had very high praises for him. He is and will be a strength for the Bills for many years to come, next year he will prove you and the rest of the naysayers wrong!! If we would of had the quality of Qb's that we have had here over the last decade we would of lost over half the games we won. The guy is clutch in crunch time and I have tremendous faith that he will be our starting qb for many years to come. Before I came to this message board, I would of never of thought that Bills fan's had negative feelings and biases towards him, and I'm very surprised that there are many people that don't like him.

I guess it's not that surprising, look at all the idiots that want McNabb out of Philly. I guess that shows you that the average fan doesn't know SHI*&T about SHI*&T !!

OMG...give it up with the BILL WALSH quotes...geezus, he traded a lot to move up and get JJ Stokes because he said he was the next Jerry Rice and reminded them of him...and he was a TOTAL BUST. Even the great ones are wrong many times...just because he liked Trent doesnt mean he will make it in the NFL...geezus, enough already...

Accuracy is phenomenal? OMG, he has made a ton of terrible passes...so please, spare me the phenomenal. His accuracty rating is helped by a tendency to make short safe throws...He is an accurate passer, but phenomenal is absurd...Payton Manning is phenomenal...I would say more like above average at this point.

Clutch in crunch time?...he played well in the 4th quarter against bad teams...Great, what about the good teams? When can he start beating them? Quit living on his 4-0 start and start looking at his total body of work...one 4 game stretch against the worst teams and defenses in the league does not make a career or define a QB.

You lost a lot of credibility with me on this post to be honest...

OMG...give it up with the BILL WALSH quotes...geezus, he traded a lot to move up and get JJ Stokes because he said he was the next Jerry Rice and reminded them of him...and he was a TOTAL BUST. Even the great ones are wrong many times...just because he liked Trent doesnt mean he will make it in the NFL...geezus, enough already...

Accuracy is phenomenal? OMG, he has made a ton of terrible passes...so please, spare me the phenomenal. His accuracty rating is helped by a tendency to make short safe throws...He is an accurate passer, but phenomenal is absurd...Payton Manning is phenomenal...I would say more like above average at this point.

Clutch in crunch time?...he played well in the 4th quarter against bad teams...Great, what about the good teams? When can he start beating them? Quit living on his 4-0 start and start looking at his total body of work...one 4 game stretch against the worst teams and defenses in the league does not make a career or define a QB.

You lost a lot of credibility with me on this post to be honest...

I'm crushed!! what will I do now that I lost credibility with you :rolleyes:

Um, Manning, Brady, Warner, Kelly, Montanna, Marino, Brees, McNabb, etc, etc...I could go on and on...

You are missing my point. If you have a guy in your face hitting you, yes, no QB will play well. But Trent is not good at getting rid of the ball early when the pressure is coming. He does not progress through his reads fast enough. Casual fans think dumping off to a safety valve is good under pressure...its not. He consistently takes bad sacks from holding the ball too long, misses open recievers becase he checks down instantly to a dump off, or throws a bad pass because he was hurried that falls badly incomplete or is picked off.

You wanna see a QB handle the pressure well...go back and watch Warner beat the Eagles...

I'm crushed!! what will I do now that you I lost credibility with you :rolleyes:

You should be...anyone who uses the word Phenomenal to describe anything about Trent, especially in regards to his passing, pretty much means your posts are not worth reading...

Don't get me wrong--Trent needs more work to be a solid proven QB. But most of his collapse in play was due to the concussion--I'm feel pretty sure about that. My point is that losing Peters would not hurt Edwards play as much as others would believe. Also, remember the Bills were one of the least sacked teams until JP got involved....speaking about running in a panic.