• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The logic says you play them till they fail

sorry if you don't understand

With you logic, Cassels would be out of football

Oh I understand, no apology needed.

I just think your logic has some flaws.

The difference between Cassel and Hamdan is HILARIOUS. Don't even go there...

Oh I understand, no apology needed.

I just think your logic has some flaws.

The difference between Cassel and Hamdan is HILARIOUS. Don't even go there...

Cassels was worth nothing till he played, that can not be argued

So your right, I won't bother

Casels never even started since HS

Do you think Pat White has the ability to be a starting QB in the NFL? I think he's one of these system guys who might not be able to transition smoothly. He is a great athlete and deserves a look for sure but he might be suited for another position or role.

We're looking for a backup who can step in when (and I do mean WHEN) Trent gets hurt. He can throw , he can run, he has the most upside in the group of qbs whom arent starter material.

The logic says you play them till they fail

sorry if you don't understand

With you logic, Cassels would be out of football

Cassels in the air--I had a dream.. i want the world to share.....and cassel walls...just lead me to despairrr....

Cassels was worth nothing till he played, that can not be argued

So your right, I won't bother

Casels never even started since HS

Alright brother, since you want to argue this, let's do it.

You want to know why he was a nothing until he played? Because he played behind one of the best quarterbacks ever, Tom Brady. He was only going to get his chance to shine because of an injury, unlike Hamdan who can't beat out JP Losman at his worst and Trent Edwards with a "sore groin."

How many teams has Hamdan been on? How many teams has Cassel been on? One can't keep their job and one can.

Lets not bring up the Cassel hasn't started since HS argument because that's been over since September. He got a chance. Whether it's fair or not, Hamdan isn't an option for a back-up quarterback. He's only good for being Trent Edwards buddy.

Listen, I want to believe that Gibran Hamdan is good but the reality is... HE WAS BORN IN CALIFORNIA!!!

Listen, the Bills didn't draft Palmer or Cassel so they don't count. When the Bills draft a California quarterback, it's bad news man and Sanchez is BAD NEWS if the Bills draft him.

Seriously, and you live there so you should know this, he isn't worth a 1st round pick. Please tell me you agree with me on this?

The funny thing about Cutler is, we were GOING to draft him if he fell to us. Just like we were GOING to draft BIG BEN. I'm sure we were GOING to draft Brady when he fell to the 7th round...

I agree about Sanchez...Im not drinking the kool aid yet...

We're looking for a backup who can step in when (and I do mean WHEN) Trent gets hurt. He can throw , he can run, he has the most upside in the group of qbs whom arent starter material.

I agree that we are looking for a backup. With that being said this team would be well served to get a backup with starter upside. Regardless of where you stand on Trent I think almost everyone will agree he isn't a surefire franchise quarterback. We need a backup that has real starter potential. We shouldn't wait take a wait and see approach if a quarterback we like is still available. Personally, I'd go QB early and take starter material.

I agree that we are looking for a backup. With that being said this team would be well served to get a backup with starter upside. Regardless of where you stand on Trent I think almost everyone will agree he isn't a surefire franchise quarterback. We need a backup that has real starter potential. We shouldn't wait take a wait and see approach if a quarterback we like is still available. Personally, I'd go QB early and take starter material.

I guess what I meant was I want a QB with a decent upside, but not good enough to have his named screamed everytime trent screws up.

John Parker Wilson?

I promise I wont call him JP Wilson....

I guess what I meant was I want a QB with a decent upside, but not good enough to have his named screamed everytime trent screws up.

John Parker Wilson?

I definately hear ya on avoiding a QB controversy again. At the same time if someone can't handle the heat of a rookie backup how will he lead a team to the playoffs. I like Trent, and I want him to succeed. I also want competition, insurance, and a chance at a great QB. Whether it's early or late I think we both agree QB should be addressed. Teams should follow the Packers example and play the QB lottery every year.

John Parker Wilson?

I saw a lot of Wilson, and would only spend a 4th or 5th on him were it up to me.

I would like to see them sign Charlie Frye. I think that he is a ufa, and would be a solid backup. With these two, we would be in a better position than we were this season imo.

I agree that Edwards is not in the same boat as Losman was but at the same time he has alot of question marks around him as well. His ability to stay healthy is a major one and that has a dramatic effect on any season. I know it's not considered by most as a critical need but personally I think that it's crucial to next years plans. I wouldn't reach for someone with our two first day picks but if you have the opportunity to trade back in for a guy you like, I say go for it.

Edwards is absolutely in the same boat as JP. With Captain Dick Jauron as coach. Trent's career is in neutral until he or Jauron leaves the Bills.

Pat White. Dude could play some Single Wing for us right off the bat. He really improved his passing technique his senior year, and from what I have heard looks great in the pocket at the Senior Bowl. Has value outside of the QB position as well.

i really like this idea. i think we need one of these kind of players...although we do NOT have an innovative offensive coordinator capable of putting together schemes to use a player like this.

i enjoy watching what the jets do with brad smith and seattle with seneca wallace. (to name a couple)

add a couple more (on a smaller scale)...49ers use michael robinson and the falcons have dj shockley.

If people were screaming every time Trent screwed up there would be a lot of shattered eardrums in Buffalo.

I think we need a veteran Gus Frerotte type to be our starter for two years and draft a rookie to start a few years out.

The JP lesson is:

Never give a QB too many chances. JP had too many and Trent has already had too many. They have different problems and similar problems. JP is jittery and makes bad decisions. He got too many chances because of his very strong arm. Trent is weak armed and makes bad decisions in addition to being a Los Gato. He got too many chances because he is calm. He is so calm he doesn't even appear to give a crap that he completely sucks. When he said he loves Jauron to death, I think he meant coaching death. One more year of Trent and Jauron could be as aggressive as Coach of the week Rex Ryan but it wouldn't matter.

Strong arms and calmness are nice but you need to make good decisions and not be a glove wearing Mary. Both Trent and JP will be gone sooner or later without ever having produced a thing. With JP we know it wil be sooner. We can only hope with Trent.

Edwards is absolutely in the same boat as JP. With Captain Dick Jauron as coach. Trent's career is in neutral until he or Jauron leaves the Bills.

Blaming Jauron for Trent's suckiness is like blaming the Phillies manager because Jamie Moyer doesn't throw a 120 MPH fastball.

If people were screaming every time Trent screwed up there would be a lot of shattered eardrums in Buffalo.

I think we need a veteran Gus Frerotte type to be our starter for two years and draft a rookie to start a few years out.

The JP lesson is:

Never give a QB too many chances. JP had too many and Trent has already had too many. They have different problems and similar problems. JP is jittery and makes bad decisions. He got too many chances because of his very strong arm. Trent is weak armed and makes bad decisions in addition to being a Los Gato. He got too many chances because he is calm. He is so calm he doesn't even appear to give a crap that he completely sucks. When he said he loves Jauron to death, I think he meant coaching death. One more year of Trent and Jauron could be as aggressive as Coach of the week Rex Ryan but it wouldn't matter.

Strong arms and calmness are nice but you need to make good decisions and not be a glove wearing Mary. Both Trent and JP will be gone sooner or later without ever having produced a thing. With JP we know it wil be sooner. We can only hope with Trent.

Okay then bring in a veteran and draft two QB's! I say promise nothing to any of them and let them all battle for roster positions. Trent should have huge lead on all of them and be the opening day starter but let's see. We owe nothing to any of them! You give the benefit of doubt to franchise QB's who have proven themselves over and over again.

Any guess to where he might go in the draft?

Because of his value in other areas, and of his improved passing at the Senior Bowl Practices, I would say 3rd round. Depending on how he plays in the game, and throws at the combine he could move up a round or drop one, but I dont see him dropping any lower on his other talents alone.