Herm Edwards fired in KC

Simon

The Broncs are going to end up eating a turd sandwich over this one.

ESPN story

From the article...

"Edwards came to Kansas City from the Jets and made the playoffs in his first season, when the team was 9-7. But he was under fire after the team finished 4-12 in 2007. Team management gave him its support, but expected a run at the playoffs. Instead, the team went 2-14."

What crack are they smoking? No one in their right mind expected playoffs this past year after trading away only defensive talent for draft picks and having nothing close to a starting caliber QB going into the season. Thigpen was a late season surprise. They were projected to be one of the worst teams on both sides of the ball...how on earth can someone justify management expecting a run at the playoffs?

I read a similar article today to that stated Shannahan is not likely to wind up in KC over ego issues between him and Pioli. Pioli is said to be looking to make his mark on the franchise and isnt going to want to give up the personnel power Shannahan is expected to demand in negotiations...so not sure if something has changed that, but it doesnt seem either is going to be happy giving into the other in order to make that stick. So, I would be somewhat surprised if Shannahan ends up in KC or even coaching this year.

Shannahan is not likely to wind up in KC over ego issues between him and Pioli. Pioli is said to be looking to make his mark on the franchise and isnt going to want to give up the personnel power Shannahan is expected to demand in negotiations

Shanahan is a fine coach but he's not a personell guy; it's just too many hats for one guy to wear at this level. After the relatively poor job he did with the Denver personell I can't see him having a leg to stand on demanding any GM duties.

Shanahan is a fine coach but he's not a personell guy; it's just too many hats for one guy to wear at this level. After the relatively poor job he did with the Denver personell I can't see him having a leg to stand on demanding any GM duties.

I agree & if he wants to continue to coach in the AFC West (likely) he will take the KC job.

What do you mean, his Maurice Clarett pick with his 3rd round pick was genius...hahahaha :flirt:

What do you mean, his Maurice Clarett pick with his 3rd round pick was genius...hahahaha :flirt:

That was a good one but my favorite was his cutting Trevor Pryce. Particularly after spending the last month watching Pryce kick the absolute dogsnot out of everybody they put in front of him. :thumbsup:

Uh-oh...with herm edwards out of the league, I think that means Dick Jauron is the worst coach in the NFL

Who's worse?

Pretty much all the guys who were in the conversation at the end of the season - Marinelli, Edwards, Crennell - have all been fired. Yet somehow Teflon Dick just keeps hangin' on...

Bill Bellicheat .... :flirt:

Mr Cartmanez: How do I reach these keeds?

The reason that you think you can't get into college is because you haven't been taught... how to cheat properly! How do you think white people always get ahead? Because we cheat all the time- I mean because they cheat all the time. [holds up a picture] This is Bill Beelichick, coach of the New England Patriots He's won three Superbowls. How? He cheated. He even got caught cheeting, and nobody cared. Bill Beelichick proved that in America it's okay to cheat. As long as you cheat your way to the top.

Student: Hey, I don't wanna be called a cheater!

Mr Cartmanez: No no. If you cheat and fail, you're a cheater. If you cheat and succeed, you're savvyyy.

Mr Cartmanez: How do I reach these keeds?

The reason that you think you can't get into college is because you haven't been taught... how to cheat properly! How do you think white people always get ahead? Because we cheat all the time- I mean because they cheat all the time. [holds up a picture] This is Bill Beelichick, coach of the New England Patriots He's won three Superbowls. How? He cheated. He even got caught cheeting, and nobody cared. Bill Beelichick proved that in America it's okay to cheat. As long as you cheat your way to the top.

Student: Hey, I don't wanna be called a cheater!

Mr Cartmanez: No no. If you cheat and fail, you're a cheater. If you cheat and succeed, you're savvyyy.

everything i know, i learned on south park