Girls b-ball team defeats opponent 100-0

Beerball

But I learned from the movies you could disobey the coach and feel good about it.

".. Ever served on a forward line, son?

My men follow orders or people die!' It's as simple as that!"

"You can't handle the truth!"

This has more to do with the organization that scheduled this IMO, than the play on the court. Just ridiculous.

i must be blind, cause i didnt see the other topic started.

Not to metion really, really stupid for trying to compare this situation to professionals and for posting this:

what a joke! everyone that plays sports knowns you dont let up.

i note that Dallas Academy has with drawn its team from league for remainder of season. Can only hope those responsible for league rulings will see to a mercy rule is in place as soon as possible and schools such as Dallas Academy be encouraged to do a better evaluation of the schools chances of competing on a acceptable level as not to embarrass any of the young people involved. The attributes of competing, team play, individual physical improvement, can be accomplished in house league fashion where all are encouraged to participate no matter the skill level. This story seems to end now with a man quitting his job and a team quitting a league they never should have been participating in , in the first place. There does need be standards in place , where no one is put in such situation again. A mercy rule would at least be a start.

".. Ever served on a forward line, son?

My men follow orders or people die!' It's as simple as that!"

"You can't handle the truth!"

This has more to do with the organization that scheduled this IMO, than the play on the court. Just ridiculous.

why is it stupid?

in little league, my team was up by 10 runs, and there was no ten run rule. at one point we had the bases loaded with no outs. if you led off before the pitch, you were called out. our genius coach told all of us baserunners to step off the bags before the pitch, ending the inning.

well, we lost that game 14-12. and missed the playoffs by 1 game.

so, how stupid is that

there are times in everyone's life where you take a beating in one way or another, character is built in what you do after the beating.

why is it stupid?

in little league, my team was up by 10 runs, and there was no ten run rule. at one point we had the bases loaded with no outs. if you led off before the pitch, you were called out. your genius coach told all of us baserunners to step off the bags before the pitch, ending the inning.

so, how stupid is that

Wow, don't blame you, I would be bitter too.

why is it stupid?

in little league, my team was up by 10 runs, and there was no ten run rule. at one point we had the bases loaded with no outs. if you led off before the pitch, you were called out. our genius coach told all of us baserunners to step off the bags before the pitch, ending the inning.

so, how stupid is that

there are times in everyone's life where you take a beating in one way or another, character is built in what you do after the beating.

Because when it's 50-0 you just never know if your opponent is just toying with you and you have to keep pushing. :blink:

why is it stupid?

so, how stupid is that

Wow. You guys must really suck at little league.

why is it stupid?

so, how stupid is that

Speaking of character beatings, it sounds like you could use one.

The fact that you can't distinguish between a 10-0 baseball game and an 80-0 basketball game tells me that we can upgrade you from 'very stupid' to 'complete moron' effective immediately. Congratulations.

you guys complaining must also agree with everyone getting a trophy, elimination of dodgeball in schools, ect. if a team sucks enough to get smoked 100-0, either the coach is useless, the players suck, or a combo of both. dont play a game and then cry about how bad you lose.

these were not 5 yr olds playing. they are young women who are on the verge of starting life in the real world.

you guys complaining must also agree with everyone getting a trophy, elimination of dodgeball in schools, ect. if a team sucks enough to get smoked 100-0, either the coach is useless, the players suck, or a combo of both. dont play a game and then cry about how bad you lose.

these were not 5 yr olds playing. they are young women who are on the verge of starting life in the real world.

:) yeah, can tell you haven't read a darn thing about the school on the losing end of that score. But, you get extra points for trying the "jump to the extreme comparison, a comparison beyond that which a normal human being would make" defense. :rolleyes: