I hope they don't use a first round pick on a tight end

What we really really need is a pass rushing demon. The pass rush basically sucked after Schobel went down in Game 5. Imagine somebody like Orakpo on the other side of a healthy Schobel. That's what we need. It's possible we have a quarterback land in our lap....like the year we took Whitner and we had Cutler and Leinart in our laps, and chose not to make a move.

Maybe these guys would use draft choices as commodities, and do something besides stare at the monitors and cross off names.

There will be tight ends available in the 2nd and 3rd. At the risk of being redundant, I hope they choose Chase Coffman from Missouri, who has the best hands I've ever seen, and is just a great player. His dad was an All-Pro with the Packers. Coffman will become a star in this league, and I'd like to see that happen as a Buffalo Bill.

So, in the first we should either take a DE, trade down and take a DE, use the extra pick to get Chase Coffman.

What we really really need is a pass rushing demon. The pass rush basically sucked after Schobel went down in Game 5. Imagine somebody like Orakpo on the other side of a healthy Schobel. That's what we need. It's possible we have a quarterback land in our lap....like the year we took Whitner and we had Cutler and Leinart in our laps, and chose not to make a move.

Maybe these guys would use draft choices as commodities, and do something besides stare at the monitors and cross off names.

There will be tight ends available in the 2nd and 3rd. At the risk of being redundant, I hope they choose Chase Coffman from Missouri, who has the best hands I've ever seen, and is just a great player. His dad was an All-Pro with the Packers. Coffman will become a star in this league, and I'd like to see that happen as a Buffalo Bill.

So, in the first we should either take a DE, trade down and take a DE, use the extra pick to get Chase Coffman.

DEs go quick. Orakpo won't be there when Buffalo picks. If the guy makes it to #6 it will be a major surprise and teams will be circling to trade up and get him.

Remember last year when we were hoping that Derrick Harvey would fall to us. DEs go faster than you think they will. By the time we pick, there's a very good chance that the top 3 DEs will be gone, probably including Orakpo, E. Brown and Maybin. So if they're gone, what to do?

You might take Raji, but he might also be gone. So what then?

IMHO Mack or Pettigrew, with a possible trade down, unless you like any of the slightly lower-ranked DEs, but I'm not sure you can' t get somebody just as good in the 2nd.

DEs go quick. Orakpo won't be there when Buffalo picks. If the guy makes it to #6 it will be a major surprise and teams will be circling to trade up and get him.

Remember last year when we were hoping that Derrick Harvey would fall to us. DEs go faster than you think they will. By the time we pick, there's a very good chance that the top 3 DEs will be gone, probably including Orakpo, E. Brown and Maybin. So if they're gone, what to do?

IMHO Mack or Pettigrew, with a possible trade down, unless you like any of the slightly lower-ranked DEs, but I'm not sure you can' t get somebody just as good in the 2nd.

It's a matter of conjecture at this point. Kiper has Brown and Orakpo available at number 11, and the Bills passing on him for the tight end. That would be a mistake, don't you think?

It's a matter of conjecture at this point. Kiper has Brown and Orakpo available at number 11, and the Bills passing on him for the tight end. That would be a mistake, don't you think?

Huge mistake at this point. Pettigrew is late 1st/early 2nd talent

the only thing dumber than taking pettigrew @ 11 would be to draft Alex Mack at 11. I was toying with the idea of Gresham @ 11 but he is smartly staying in school( with the exception of RB's, I personally think all players should play out the senior year).

Alex Mack will go late 1st early 2nd. This is too big of a reach. Trade Down? to who and for what? I have studied the last 3 drafts and havent seen much trading down out if the top 15. There is too much talent available for the scouts to say "f-it!! trade down." 'specially with all the holes we have.

For what it's worth, Kiper is a retard. He is wrong every year. I would expect him to have us passing on thge best DE in the draft for a tight end. thats how retards think.

I think we keep crowell.

I think we try to get a high profile TE via trade ( prayin for Kellen Winslow Jr. for our 4th and Youboty)

Center wont be addressed in the draft or FA. They like Duke. why i dont understand.

DHB is gonna turn some heads at at the combine and in workouts. Look for us to draft offense. Just a hunch.

And if Brown and Orakpo are gone?

the only thing dumber than taking pettigrew @ 11 would be to draft Alex Mack at 11. I was toying with the idea of Gresham @ 11 but he is smartly staying in school( with the exception of RB's, I personally think all players should play out the senior year).

Alex Mack will go late 1st early 2nd. This is too big of a reach. Trade Down? to who and for what? I have studied the last 3 drafts and havent seen much trading down out if the top 15. There is too much talent available for the scouts to say "f-it!! trade down." 'specially with all the holes we have.

So you think Mack/Pettigrew at #25 is a great pick but at #11 you're a retard?

People that think like that are the real retards, because you're getting the same player no matter where you pick. If you want the guy, take him. He's rated as a 1st rounder, it doesn't matter where in the 1st round he goes. If you're taking a 2nd or 3rd rounder at 11, then maybe there's a problem. But those guys have 1st round grades for chrissakes, so go ahead and pick a player you don't want because Mack/Pettigrew is a "reach" 10 spots ahead of where you THINK they might go.

The bills definatly need a TE. But with the Oklahoma TE not entering the draft, no other TE is worthy of a 1st rounder, much less one as high as ours.

Looks like we will have to suffer another year without a TE.

Most likly the bills will draft a DE in the 1st.

But the bills HAVE to sign a FA center, and determin if Crowell is healthy enough to play like he was playing before the injury.

Your post is correct. QBs, DEs, and LTs fly off the board almost every year. If the DEs go fast, a tradedown (5-7 spots) for another 2nd round pick would be a good deal.

TD did it on 01. We got another 2nd by moving from 14 to 21. I was against it the time but it worked. The Bills need a lot of players and should amass draft picks instead of trading them away.

People that think like that are the real retards, because you're getting the same player no matter where you pick. If you want the guy, take him. He's rated as a 1st rounder, it doesn't matter where in the 1st round he goes. If you're taking a 2nd or 3rd rounder at 11, then maybe there's a problem. But those guys have 1st round grades for chrissakes, so go ahead and pick a player you don't want because Mack/Pettigrew is a "reach" 10 spots ahead of where you THINK they might go.

Interesting post...however...

One thing to consider though when defining a player like Mack as a reach at #11 and great pick at say #25 is at #11 you have more to choose from at pick 11 and therefore in theory could very well have higher graded players available at other positions that we may also need. Its all speculation anyway as projecting a college player to the NFL is no exact science.

Think of it this way...if the Bills traded down with the intent to get Mack later and also pick up additional draft picks to fill more holes, then thats fine. However, if they can't trade down there will be more valuable players available at #11 like say Orakpo...taking Mack (who may not even be the best Center for our team) at #11 over the highest rated player at such a need spot like DE would then be viewed as a reach and a mistake if someone like Orakpo was available, especially with 2 other centers (at least one of which will likely still be there in 2nd round) graded nearly as high, if not higher, than Mack. The drop off of quality a DE available in 2nd would be great (based on pre draft ratings) compared to a Brown or Orakpo where as it wouldnt be for Center...

That is why a player is seen as a reach at 11 and not at say 25...

Seems a lot of people are talking about other centers out performing Mack recently anyway.

Dude,

Not all first rounders are the same. All you have to do is look at Whitner who the Bills took with the 8th overall pick and Haloti Ngata who the Ravens took shortly after the Bills a few years back. The pundits had Whitner as a low first rounder. There is no comparison at this point regarding the impact Ngata has had with the Ravens and Whitner with the Bills. Ngata is a beast and it makes me sick everytime I see him play because the Bills should have drafted him. Not some freaking safety. Now that is retarded!!!!!

Dude,

Not all first rounders are the same. All you have to do is look at Whitner who the Bills took with the 8th overall pick and Haloti Ngata who the Ravens took shortly after the Bills a few years back. The pundits had Whitner as a low first rounder. There is no comparison at this point regarding the impact Ngata has had with the Ravens and Whitner with the Bills. Ngata is a beast and it makes me sick everytime I see him play because the Bills should have drafted him. Not some freaking safety. Now that is retarded!!!!!

Ok, so why you are responding to my post as if you are disagreeing with me when that was exactly my point? You dont reach at 11 when a stud is there at a need position...

All I did was explain why Mack is a reach and a mistake at 11 to the other poster who said take Mack because who cares where you pick...

Interesting post...however...

One thing to consider though when defining a player like Mack as a reach at #11 and great pick at say #25 is at #11 you have more to choose from at pick 11 and therefore in theory could very well have higher graded players available at other positions that we may also need. Its all speculation anyway as projecting a college player to the NFL is no exact science.

Think of it this way...if the Bills traded down with the intent to get Mack later and also pick up additional draft picks to fill more holes, then thats fine. However, if they can't trade down there will be more valuable players available at #11 like say Orakpo...taking Mack (who may not even be the best Center for our team) at #11 over the highest rated player at such a need spot like DE would then be viewed as a reach and a mistake if someone like Orakpo was available, especially with 2 other centers (at least one of which will likely still be there in 2nd round) graded nearly as high, if not higher, than Mack. The drop off of quality a DE available in 2nd would be great (based on pre draft ratings) compared to a Brown or Orakpo where as it wouldnt be for Center...

That is why a player is seen as a reach at 11 and not at say 25...

Seems a lot of people are talking about other centers out performing Mack recently anyway.

Firstly, I'm not advocating drafting Mack at 11, I'm saying that the theory of a "reach" is ridiculous.

Second, I was assuming that choosing Mack/Pettigrew would have meant that Brown and Orakpo are both off the board.

Dude,

The Bills had the choice between taking Ngata or Whitner. They chose Whitner. You are saying we should have chosen Ngata. I don't see how that has anything to do with my previous post.

The mistake was thinking Whitner was going to be an impact player, not where he was selected. It doesn't matter if we took Donte at 25, he'd still be the same player. The mistake was not in taking him at 8, it was taking him period. They were wrong about him IMO.