Another Global Warming Article For Everyone To Argue About.

Linkage

Human-induced global warming is real, according to a recent U.S. survey based on the opinions of 3,146 scientists. However there remains divisions between climatologists and scientists from other areas of earth sciences as to the extent of human responsibility.

May the bitching begin!!

However the results of the investigation conducted at the end of 2008 reveal that vast majority of the Earth scientists surveyed agree that in the past 200-plus years, mean global temperatures have been rising and that human activity is a significant contributing factor in changing mean global temperatures.

Of course who was this magical group of scientists? It couldn't be that they were selected based on their known views could it. Way to skew an opinion poll.

HUMAN induced or FOSSIL FUEL BURING produced?

The question was whether human activity was a significant factor in changing mean global temperatures. The climatologists were nearly unanimous, not so much for the petroleum geologists.

This is one of those "debates" akin to evolution vs. creationism. Actual scientists can put out study after study saying global warming has an anthropogenic cause, and if you go to ScienceDaily or do a literature search, a set of studies supporting that view comes out just about every month. But the naysayers will always say the models aren't good or the scientists are all corrupt. Kind of like debating the creationist nuts who claim evolution is just a non-proven theory. Evolution is real. A manmade cause of global warming is real. The good science suggesting both are real still marches on no matter how loudly the few anti-evolution nuts or the few pro-oil nuts shout.

The question was whether human activity was a significant factor in changing mean global temperatures. The climatologists were nearly unanimous, not so much for the petroleum geologists.

This is one of those "debates" akin to evolution vs. creationism. Actual scientists can put out study after study saying global warming has an anthropogenic cause, and if you go to ScienceDaily or do a literature search, a set of studies supporting that view comes out just about every month. But the naysayers will always say the models aren't good or the scientists are all corrupt. Kind of like debating the creationist nuts who claim evolution is just a non-proven theory. Evolution is real. A manmade cause of global warming is real. The good science suggesting both are real still marches on no matter how loudly the few anti-evolution nuts or the few pro-oil nuts shout.

I haven't yet seen a single study that shows an anthropogenic cause. I have seen a slew that show an anthropogenic correlation, however.

(Which, as we all know, could be due to error, much as a die roll blah blah blah true expected roll natter natter natter 3.5 yada yada yada East German scientists gromish gromish gromish truculent triceratops.)

I just want to make clear that, just because I disagree with Coli, it does not automatically mean that I agree with this !@#$ing mongoloid here.

:D

Point noted. It's tough when the idiots take your side.

:D

Point noted. It's tough when the idiots take your side.

No, no, no...he doesn't take my side. My side is that I disagree with the quality of the science for valid reasons that I can enumerate and explain.

HIS side is a loud, juicy, metaphorical fart in an elevator. Our "sides" do not even coexist.

No, no, no...he doesn't take my side. My side is that I disagree with the quality of the science for valid reasons that I can enumerate and explain.

HIS side is a loud, juicy, metaphorical fart in an elevator. Our "sides" do not even coexist.

Indeed

I just want to make clear that, just because I disagree with Coli, it does not automatically mean that I agree with this !@#$ing mongoloid here.

I always enjoy these Global Warming threads. But, I must say, this may be the best post in any of them. Excellence for you, good sir. :D

Admit it....every now and again, a fart in an elevator is pretty !@#$ing funny. Which, it seems, if we could stop from happening...would do away with GLOBAL !@#$ING WARMING.

So now we gotta sh---can fart jokes, according to the evironazis? You can have my whoopee cushion when you pry it from my cold dead hands.

OK, that was lame. Im going home now.

Of course who was this magical group of scientists? It couldn't be that they were selected based on their known views could it. Way to skew an opinion poll.
However the results of the investigation conducted at the end of 2008 reveal that vast majority of the Earth scientists surveyed agree that in the past 200-plus years, mean global temperatures have been rising and that human activity is a significant contributing factor in changing mean global temperatures

Earth scientists?

Seriously?

Do you remember the kids in school who had to take Earth Science? Holy crap.

Read the article first dimwit. :D

I did dimwit. it was this magical group that had registered with this global warming survey. they took the poll online.

Yeah online polls of a very select group of 3000 targeted scientists. That's real compelling, moron.