Bills vs. Packers in that soup contest thingy

Beerball

Yeah soup cans for the Buffalo Soup Kitchen for the homeless I believe...

Yea, the soup kitchen wins a bunch of cans AND we gain a whole lot of pride as fans... so far the Bills are 17-0 and the Packers have won 7 straight years! Let's win this thing!

http://www.chunky.com/ClickForCansVoteConfirm.aspx

To vote multiple times

BLOCKING COOKIES (INTERNET EXPLORER) INSTRUCTIONS:

1. In your internet browser, click "Tools."

2. In the dropbar go to "Internet Options."

3. Click the tab 'Privacy.'

4. Click the button "Sites."

5. Add the link to the voting site to the 'Block' list.

6. Click "OK" (twice)

Yea, the soup kitchen wins a bunch of cans AND we gain a whole lot of pride as fans... so far the Bills are 17-0 and the Packers have won 7 straight years! Let's win this thing!

http://www.chunky.com/ClickForCansVoteConfirm.aspx

To vote multiple times

BLOCKING COOKIES (INTERNET EXPLORER) INSTRUCTIONS:

1. In your internet browser, click "Tools."

2. In the dropbar go to "Internet Options."

3. Click the tab 'Privacy.'

4. Click the button "Sites."

5. Add the link to the voting site to the 'Block' list.

6. Click "OK" (twice)

Back in the good old days, one could actually write a script that kept hitting the site to give your team votes.... But then the Soup Gods became angry and reset all of the votes so that Buffalo was no longer #1... And then the TSW gods got mad and shutdown the thread.

I anticipate a repeat from the TSW gods.

Yeah soup cans for the Buffalo Soup Kitchen for the homeless I believe...
Yea, the soup kitchen wins a bunch of cans ...

Yes and no. A soup kitchen gets a bunch of free cans, but not specifically a soup kitchen in Buffalo. And it's not even new cans, it's returned cans from stores....

Article at Snopes.com

Campbell will definitely donate a total of 5.5 million cans of soup this year, he said, in partnership with local grocery stores. These usually involve store returns of dented, unsaleable cans. Such cans go to redistribution centers, which work with food pantries.

Back in the good old days, one could actually write a script that kept hitting the site to give your team votes.... But then the Soup Gods became angry and reset all of the votes so that Buffalo was no longer #1...

Now who would do that? :D

Well damn, someone should have written that script this year.

They added the "type the letters in the box" verification a couple years ago, because in the first couple days Bills and Green Bay had thousands of votes, and all other teams were sitting at less than 100 each. Not sure if a script could be written to "read" that letter combo and type it easily as it was before.

Click Bills

Clear Cookies

Vote Again

repeat

I was one of the ones that set up my home PC to vote while at work, and my work PC to vote while I was home.

And it doesn't matter because the Buffalo area does not get more soup even if they win, it's just an attention grab by Campbells.

• 2 weeks later...