Go Steelers

Erik

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it doesnt cost them but Tomlin will make at least one bonehead decision in this game

Thats what I have been saying all year...Tomlin gets a lot of credit because his team wins...but he makes quite a few mistakes, he just has a team talented enough to over come them.

In his defense, he had no HC experience before he came to Pitt, so doesnt mean he wont learn from them and be a lasting coach in this league, but he currently gets too much credit for Pitts success in my opinnion.

Looks like the game could be out of reach with the way Baltimore's offense is playing.

I know this isn't the case but it just seems like every time Flacco drops back to pass, he has about 2 receivers at most out there. In some cases, it feels like Derrick Mason is the only one running routes..

Thats what I have been saying all year...Tomlin gets a lot of credit because his team wins...but he makes quite a few mistakes, he just has a team talented enough to over come them.

In his defense, he had no HC experience before he came to Pitt, so doesnt mean he wont learn from them and be a lasting coach in this league, but he currently gets too much credit for Pitts success in my opinnion.

Gameday yes, but you should listen to some of his press conferences. His attitude and demeanor is what makes the difference.

Looks like the game could be out of reach with the way Baltimore's offense is playing.

I know this isn't the case but it just seems like every time Flacco drops back to pass, he has about 2 receivers at most out there. In some cases, it feels like Derrick Mason is the only one running routes..

I agree...given the strength of Pitt's D, and the fact that they're at home, I don't see the Baltimore offense being able to launch a comeback. If it goes to a 3-score game, it's over IMO.

Gameday yes, but you should listen to some of his press conferences. His attitude and demeanor is what makes the difference.

Dont get me wrong, I like his demeanor and conferences...the problem is how well you do in a post game conference isnt going to win you games...its his on field decisions that affect the outcome of the games. He needs to elevate his gameday performance before I can consider him an upper echelon coach...doesnt mean he wont get there, I just dont think he is there yet while a lot of people have him as one of the measuring sticks for great coaches.