L A eyeing up the Bills

JFS1971

OMG this would be the greatest thing that ever happened to me!!!!!! I would be at every home game!!!!!! I hope its in Santa Monica and right next to my house

:unsure::ph34r::lol::lol::lol:

I live in Santa Monica too...that would be sick...problem is there isnt enough room in Santa Monica to build a Pop Warner field let alone an NFL stadium...hahahahaha

Making a push for a new stadium and a new team

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

I wish everybody would take a minute before posting these rumors. First of all Oakland or Jacksonville would move to LA before the Bills.Jacksonville is the most likely tram to move in the league right now, they make no monay and have little fan support. Second everyone is oversensitive about Toronto it is a long shot to move an NFL team into Canada. There are a tone of hurdles with the CBA, Labor Law, and the CFL. I don't think the Bills are moving anytime soon. Plus LA did not support the NFL the last time teams were there.

I wish everybody would take a minute before posting these rumors. First of all Oakland or Jacksonville would move to LA before the Bills.Jacksonville is the most likely tram to move in the league right now, they make no monay and have little fan support. Second everyone is oversensitive about Toronto it is a long shot to move an NFL team into Canada. There are a tone of hurdles with the CBA, Labor Law, and the CFL. I don't think the Bills are moving anytime soon. Plus LA did not support the NFL the last time teams were there.

I agree. I've seen this stuff posted for 10 years now. Just stop.

There's one other problem and it's the big, giant elephant: The econoomy. The state of California is delaying their tax refunds, student aid and social services for at least 30 days. Why? The state is out of money. With all the tax breaks that NFL teams want from the cities and the states that their teams reside in, what state can afford it right now? The NFL is not going to be moving any teams for a while. Even if Ralph were to die tomorrow, there won't be any immediate movement.

In December, the NFL itself laid off 1000 people.

The economy is just too crappy right now for any state or city to entertain costs of an NFL franchise.

Schumer's in his second term. What kind of term limits are you looking for?

Maybe something like say not letting Robert Byrd, Strom Thurmon, Ted Kennedy, Ted Stevens, Dan Inoye, Joe Biden, or any other single person hold the office for a couple decades

Would it be so bad for the NFL to just expand? These stupid 4 team divisions and the scheduling ease they create seems to big reason why they don't, but it seems likes a silly reason to prevent the NFL from coming back to LA and expanding to San Antonio.

If the economy stays the way it is, not only will the NFL not expand, but they might even shrink. I read an article in The Week that seemed to indicate the NFL club in the most trouble is Detroit, largely because a) they're owned by William Clay Ford whose fortune must be evaporating right about now, and b) the unemployment rate in Detroit has topped 21%. While the franchise may be financially stable, everything around them is falling to pieces.