61 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it is happening?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Global warming is happening. Whether it's man-made is unclear although we're certainly contributing to it (how much is up for debate). Moreover, burning less fossil fuels seems like a good idea no matter what it's contribution to global warming.

What's happening in the oceans is a huge concern. fishkills, dead zones, species being wiped out, rise of jellyfish: lots of bad news.

The great fallacy of the naysayers is the belief that the phrase Global Warming means that we should just see warmer temperatures everywhere, while the fact is that it encompasses the total effects that the increase in the average temperature of the atmosphere cause, including rising ocean levels that affect the weather, releasing more moisture into the atmosphere, and leading to increased weather fluctuations, both hot and cold.

When the global warming cultists come up with a solution that doesnt involve a new tax or a limit on my freedoms, then I will get on board. When I see corporations going green out of the goodness of their hearts and without a profit center attached to it, Ill get on board. When I see the cultists actually sacrificing without the canard of "carbon credits" to make them feel good, Ill get on board.

Until then, I see it as nothing more than a hysterics generating huge scam that would make Bernie Madoff proud.

While i don't believe in anthropogenic global warming (the Earth is warming however), i feel the need to speak out against the utter stupidity of a post using one contrary data point to try and discredit a belief.

Dude. I was not discrediting the belief. I was mocking the Ruskies that think we're going into an ice age. I have been around cows and know for a FACT that they fart.

Dude. I was not discrediting the belief. I was mocking the Ruskies that think we're going into an ice age. I have been around cows and know for a FACT that they fart.

Cow farting is a serious problem. Not to mention that cows eat grass, which removes a large chunk of carbon sequestering plant life each year.

When the global warming cultists come up with a solution that doesnt involve a new tax or a limit on my freedoms, then I will get on board. When I see corporations going green out of the goodness of their hearts and without a profit center attached to it, Ill get on board. When I see the cultists actually sacrificing without the canard of "carbon credits" to make them feel good, Ill get on board.

Until then, I see it as nothing more than a hysterics generating huge scam that would make Bernie Madoff proud.

That's happening all over the place. Welcome aboard.

Cow farting is a serious problem. Not to mention that cows eat grass, which removes a large chunk of carbon sequestering plant life each year.

I didn't even think of that part. Maybe farmers should install some of that new style astro turf the football teams use. It is just as green as real grass and cows won't eat it.

I didn't even think of that part. Maybe farmers should install some of that new style astro turf the football teams use. It is just as green as real grass and cows won't eat it.

Good call. That new turf isn't as susceptible to drought or floods either.

Good call. That new turf isn't as susceptible to drought or floods either.

So if we replace the grass, what will the cows eat to stay nice and fat?

I suggest McDonald's. Those Big Macs really keep all of us nice and fat, so it would stand to reason that it would do the same for cows.

So if we replace the grass, what will the cows eat to stay nice and fat?

I suggest McDonald's. Those Big Macs really keep all of us nice and fat, so it would stand to reason that it would do the same for cows.

I'd advise against Big Macs, only because they are fairly expensive and i don't think farmers could afford to feed all of their cows with as much as cows eat. A better suggestion might be to feed them double cheeseburgers because they are on the dollar menu. That is much more affordable and should still fatten the cows enough.

Well the answer is a government grant . A government grant to all veternarians to slove the cow fart problem. We all know the government can solve everything with money . Also another grant to farmers to purchase green dye to dye all thier cows green . In the meantime another grant to veternarians to clone cows green. Green non farting cows will save the planet.

Well the answer is a government grant . A government grant to all veternarians to slove the cow fart problem. We all know the government can solve everything with money . Also another grant to farmers to purchase green dye to dye all thier cows green . In the meantime another grant to veternarians to clone cows green. Green non farting cows will save the planet.

If the Yankees can do it, why not the government

Cripes, double digit people voting No. :thumbsup: I was wondering what people in the Bush administration were doing in their last week, now I know.

Make sure your copy of "Mein Audacity of Hope" is visible on the coffee table when the "security force" comes around.