HARVEY DENT DEAD TWO FACE ALIVE

K-Gun10

It's really sad that Heath Ledger died because it's a close race between him and Nicholson for the best Joker ever!

Nicholson was FAR better, IMO. But, then again, I find Christian Bale boring, and I'm not the biggest fan of the new, slow and boring, Batman movies. (Of course, they are better than the last few from the older series.)

Nicholson was FAR better, IMO. But, then again, I find Christian Bale boring, and I'm not the biggest fan of the new, slow and boring, Batman movies. (Of course, they are better than the last few from the older series.)

I gotta disagree. I found Ledger's Joker far, far better than Nicholson's (and I might be in the moniority, but I don't even think they are close). Ledger's Joker was darker, more dangerous, more of a psychopath. Nicholson's Joker was too clown-like.

I also lost a lot of respect for Nicholson when he had his little tantrum after they chose Ledger and then his cryptic comments after being told of Ledger's death.

Angelina Jolie as Catwoman? :lol: Kate Beckinsale or Jessica Alba and we'd have a winner!!

Johnnie Depp or Seth Green as Riddler! :rolleyes:

Vern Troyer as Penguin.

It's really sad that Heath Ledger died because it's a close race between him and Nicholson for the best Joker ever!

Jessica Alba is a terrible actress. And please tell me you were kidding with Seth Green??? :rolleyes:

Wow, you are like the only person I have ever heard say that. Nicholson was good but Ledger was amazing.

As for Bale, please rent American Psycho or Rescue Dawn. :rolleyes:

I gotta disagree. I found Ledger's Joker far, far better than Nicholson's (and I might be in the moniority, but I don't even think they are close). Ledger's Joker was darker, more dangerous, more of a psychopath. Nicholson's Joker was too clown-like.

I also lost a lot of respect for Nicholson when he had his little tantrum after they chose Ledger and then his cryptic comments after being told of Ledger's death.

They both did a tremendous job with the joker. Nicholson's was more comic because those movies were more comic in nature. These movies are a lot darker. Ledger's portrayal of The Joker was so dark and creepy it was scary.

My biggest problem with the Dark Knight is that it should have been two movies. It was two hours long and still seemed like it skimped a little on the stories that were intertwined.

I never heard about the Nicholson thing. What happened?

They both did a tremendous job with the joker. Nicholson's was more comic because those movies were more comic in nature. These movies are a lot darker. Ledger's portrayal of The Joker was so dark and creepy it was scary.

My biggest problem with the Dark Knight is that it should have been two movies. It was two hours long and still seemed like it skimped a little on the stories that were intertwined.

I never heard about the Nicholson thing. What happened?

Not saying Nicholson didn't do a good job, just that I thought Ledger's was head and shoulders better. I never got the "psychopath" feel from Nicholson's Joker, just got a goofy killer vibe. I also didn't like Nicholson's Joker begging for his life at the end of the movie.

I also feel like Nicholson's Joker was closer to the Adam West TV series version and a little less like the comics, but I could be wrong there. I was never a big comic reader.

As for Nicholson's tantrum - there is some probably video out there somewhere, but he just generally pissed and moaned about how furious he was that he wasn't given the part and that they didn't even consider him (even though he was 69 when the movie started filming) and then he made some weird "I warned him" comment after being told of Ledger's death.

I thought Bale did a good job in Dark Knight, but by the end of the movie, he literally started sounding like Sylvester Stallone in Rocky IV.

"If I can change, and you can change, maybe we ALL can change."

It was just a little too over the top.

They both did a very good job with the part they were given. Not everyone can be entertaining when being forced to dance around to Prince music. The big thing that stands out to me is how no one expected all that much when Ledger was originally chosen. I'm too young to know what people expected from Jack, but his people's expectations of him in that role had to have been pretty high. The Ledger selection was a bit of a head scratcher, but my god did he deliver way beyond anyone would have expected.

I disagree. Nicholson's Joker was Jack Nicholson playing the Joker. Ledger's Joker was the Joker brought to life.

I disagree. Nicholson's Joker was Jack Nicholson playing the Joker. Ledger's Joker was the Joker brought to life.

My opinion is that both performances stand in the vision that the director created for the character. Burton and Nolan are both excellent directors and I think they may have chosen the actors based on how they envisioned the Joker. Both actors did full justice to their scripted roles.

As a side note - remember that in 1989, Burton's Batman was considered a dark movie.

My opinion is that both performances stand in the vision that the director created for the character. Burton and Nolan are both excellent directors and I think they may have chosen the actors based on how they envisioned the Joker. Both actors did full justice to their scripted roles.

As a side note - remember that in 1989, Burton's Batman was considered a dark movie.

I've read that it was Ledger who came to Nolan with his (Ledger's) interpretation of the character, and thats why he was given the part. Nolan agreed with Ledger's vision of The Joker as an anarchist.

I'm sure that Nicholson is perfectly capable of putting on a performance equally as creepy and unnerving as Ledger's Joker...one could argue he did so in The Shining. Nicholson simply wasn't asked to do that in Burton's Batman film, though. Ledger's role left him with a higher ceiling so to speak than Nicholson's role. You can only take a cartoonish villain so far, and Jack did a fantastic job. With this in mind, Ledger delivered something far more impressive in my opinion.

I really hope they don't bring Harvey back. With the way TDK ended I'll always believe the intention was for Dent to indeed be dead and for The Joker to return for the next film, playing on one of his trademarks in the comics that he can escape from Arkham Asylum seemingly at will. Obviously Nolan can't go in that direction now, so he needs to try to salvage a compelling story from a bit of a mess that Ledger's death has left him in. I'd prefer to see him move on with a new villain than to tell some sort of redemption story for Harvey Dent. Gordon and Batman have both confirmed Harvey's death, and already taken action in its wake. For me it would kinda cheapen the decision and the sacrifice they made at the end for Dent to just not be dead.

I really hope they don't bring Harvey back. With the way TDK ended I'll always believe the intention was for Dent to indeed be dead and for The Joker to return for the next film, playing on one of his trademarks in the comics that he can escape from Arkham Asylum seemingly at will. Obviously Nolan can't go in that direction now, so he needs to try to salvage a compelling story from a bit of a mess that Ledger's death has left him in. I'd prefer to see him move on with a new villain than to tell some sort of redemption story for Harvey Dent. Gordon and Batman have both confirmed Harvey's death, and already taken action in its wake. For me it would kinda cheapen the decision and the sacrifice they made at the end for Dent to just not be dead.

** POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW ****

Sure he can go in that direction. Was it Nolan who recently said that we need to separate the character from the actor ? If there is a Joker in a future movie, that actor will have a lot of pressure to live up to Ledger's performance. It will be better if that actor take a different tack with the role than Ledger did to lessen the impact of the inevitable comparisons.

Sure he can go in that direction. Was it Nolan who recently said that we need to separate the character from the actor ? If there is a Joker in a future movie, that actor will have a lot of pressure to live up to Ledger's performance. It will be better if that actor take a different tack with the role than Ledger did to lessen the impact of the inevitable comparisons.

If there's anyone who could take this character to a place where we won't simply mourn Ledger everytime we see him, its Johnny Depp. I'd love to see them re-cast The Joker and make the series the way its supposed to be made.

:thumbsup:

I've read that it was Ledger who came to Nolan with his (Ledger's) interpretation of the character, and thats why he was given the part. Nolan agreed with Ledger's vision of The Joker as an anarchist.

I'm sure that Nicholson is perfectly capable of putting on a performance equally as creepy and unnerving as Ledger's Joker...one could argue he did so in The Shining. Nicholson simply wasn't asked to do that in Burton's Batman film, though. Ledger's role left him with a higher ceiling so to speak than Nicholson's role. You can only take a cartoonish villain so far, and Jack did a fantastic job. With this in mind, Ledger delivered something far more impressive in my opinion.

:thumbsup:

The only way the joker could come back IMO is if they somehow explain somebody taking over his villainy. Some sort of Arkham Asylum product of the jokers mentoring before he dies. That's weak but better than have someone else try and fail to re-create Ledgers joker. Man, I wish he hadn't died.

For the Riddler anybody think Jay Mohr or Kevin Pollack would be interesting choices?

I can't think of a Penguin choice. Danny Devito may be too old and be too much like his character in the Burton film. It's got to be somebody short. I thought Vern Troyer but he's too short and not the right type of actor for the role. <_<