Astrobot

1---Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma St

2---Matt Shaughnessy DE Wisconsin

3---Antoine Caldwell OC Alabama

4--Darrius Passmore WR Marshall

5---Andy Kemp OG Wisconsin

6---Lee Robinson OLB Alcorn State

Source: http://www.drafttek.com/round12009.asp

Not bad. However, we leave Rey Maualuga ILB on the board in the first round, and don't draft a OLB until Round 6. I mean, I know Crowell is interested in returning, but...

I used DraftTek's online simulator and took Maualuga in Round 1, and here's the results:

1---Rey Maualuga ILB USC

2---Matt Shaughnessy DE Wisconsin

3---Antoine Caldwell OC Alabama

This begs the question: If Pettigrew and Maulaluga are there, and you short yourself a TE or a OLB on Day 1, how do you play it?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caldwell might be a fine center at Alabama, but he's more of a zone blocking OC in the NFL. I don't think he's got the base to anchor against large NT's. I'd prefer Mack, but then again so would most.

It would seem it's early for a TE at 11, and I'm not really high on the DE's. Maybin is smallish, and Orakpo seems to be in the mold of a Gholston, though not the same.

At this early point, I think it's in Buffalo's best interest to trade down.

This whole white guy thing needs to stop. I'm sick of reading these posts. If someone has talent, they have talent, regardless of race. Just shut the F up already

agreed. It just so happens 2 of the 3 white guys we have suck. We need talented players period. If we could get a white dude like Jared Allen fantastic. Either way Kelsay remains awful. White or not the guy sucks

agreed. It just so happens 2 of the 3 white guys we have suck. We need talented players period. If we could get a white dude like Jared Allen fantastic. Either way Kelsay remains awful. White or not the guy sucks

Nobody seriously cares if we have a white defensive end who has 15 sacks in a season or a black defensive end with 15 sacks in a season. Or anything else about race.

It's just been frustrating when it seemed like we kept drafting the same guy and it became a joke.

Nobody seriously cares if we have a white defensive end who has 15 sacks in a season or a black defensive end with 15 sacks in a season. Or anything else about race.

It's just been frustrating when it seemed like we kept drafting the same guy and it became a joke.

Exactly! All three are the same. I know Schobel WAS much better than the other two, but it doesn't seem like it anymore. When he did play last season he was nothing special.

Besides, we have had an endless string of slow white pitiful talentless tight ends that have been way worse than our endless string of slow white pitiful talentless defensive ends.

Caldwell might be a fine center at Alabama, but he's more of a zone blocking OC in the NFL. I don't think he's got the base to anchor against large NT's. I'd prefer Mack, but then again so would most.

It would seem it's early for a TE at 11, and I'm not really high on the DE's. Maybin is smallish, and Orakpo seems to be in the mold of a Gholston, though not the same.

At this early point, I think it's in Buffalo's best interest to trade down.

That's exactly why Caldwell would fit perfectly in buffalo. Even better if we could get him in the 3rd instead of wasting a 1st or high 2nd on one of those overrated Centers who play 1 solid defense a year in the Pac-10.

Caldwell goes up against the country's fastest and biggest defenses, week after week.

SEC>>PAC10

That's what yall say, but the highlight of him batting the Tony Romo passing in the end zone and catching for a TD on MNF against Dallas still stands out as one of the all time great highlights from the Dick Jauron era.