Harrison a Bill?

JB_55

I'd pay the extra money it takes to get him for sure. It's not like we have cap trouble or anything.

It's not like we have pass rushing DEs or anything either. Or a solid interior O line. Or a pass rushing LB. Or a TE that can catch. Or...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TJ Houshmandzadeh is on the top of my wishlist for this offense as well. He brings the same kind of "knowledge" as Harrison and he's got atleast 4 or 5 good years left barring serious injury. I'd pay the extra money it takes to get him for sure. It's not like we have cap trouble or anything.

And TJ is a FA...so actually available. I doubt the Bills have enough $$ or cache to get that done, though. I prefer they look at DTs, DEs. LBs, Centers and TEs. If they did score TJ, I'd be happy, though.

You're thinking of the Sabres, who drafted Keith Gretzky and Wayne Primeau.

Really:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=2034

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=11363

The Bills would pass on Marvin Harrison and instead sign nobody.

:lol: That used to be one of my jokes during my long time drinking binge at Coles......

He would be a great addition to a team that is so close to being at Super Bowl Championship level and needs a little depth and leadership. The Bills are no way close and if they ever do get close, Harrison will be so far gone, he will probably already have a bust in Canton.

Marvin Harrison huh...

We already have a vet who is better at going underneath in Reed.

Bringing him in is going to slow down the development of Johnson and Hardy.

He brings no intangibles like leadership and intensity.

Oh yeah, he has that whole gun thing where evidence is surfacing that might show him as the guy who fired the gun.

Don't see how this guy helps our team.

If we bring in a vet, it needs to be a guy who can be a difference maker above what we already have. TJ, Boldin, etc. come to mind, but both are likely to go elsewhere (I think Boldin stays in AZ and TJ lands in Philly or maybe Tenn).

Personally, I would rather see us spend the money on a QB who can push Trent for the job, and even if Trent wins the job can be a dependable backup for Mr Fragility. Our poor WR production starts and stops with adequate QB play, something neither Trent or JP did with any consistency last year. Trent's only successes, which were not exactly overwhelming performances anyway, were against very poor passing defenses. I dont care if we bring in Randy Moss next year, we won't improve the passing game until we get good consistent play or better from our QB position.

Harrison was drafted the same year as Keyshawn, Moulds, TO, and Muhammed. All which are out of the NFL are on their way out. Age has caught up with him, and I believe he would not be helpful to this team since even in his prime he was more of a down the field threat then someone that went over the middle. The team needs someone who will go over the middle instead of a sideline threat.

We have one, his name is Josh Reed. We need another vertical threat, that's Marvin Harrison.

Harrison and Evans, with Reed and Parrish in the slot would give us a pretty scary group of receivers.

Harrison

...so what are everyone's thoughts on this?

I don't think about reading realfootball365 anymore. Anthony is a long winded sports writer wannabe who thinks he is submitting articles for "The Pulitzer Sports Prize" with every epic opinion. He is forever trying to come up with "far-thinking" original ideas like this one, each being stupider then the next. :lol: