Tank Johnson

per rotoworld

ESPN's Ed Werder confirms that impending free agent NT Tank Johnson will not be retained by the Cowboys this offseason.

This was reported two days ago in the Dallas Morning News. Tank kept his nose clean with the Cowboys and would appear to have a better chance of finding a team in 2009 than Adam Jones. Johnson fits better in a 4-3 defense.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

per rotoworld

ESPN's Ed Werder confirms that impending free agent NT Tank Johnson will not be retained by the Cowboys this offseason.

This was reported two days ago in the Dallas Morning News. Tank kept his nose clean with the Cowboys and would appear to have a better chance of finding a team in 2009 than Adam Jones. Johnson fits better in a 4-3 defense.

I think he would be a good fit!! For the right price

I think he would be a good fit!! For the right price

I agree with you. As much as I would love for us to get Peppers or Scott or even Dansby, I don't see us doing it. I think Tank would help the middle a great deal and wouldn't be as expensive as the other FA's

per rotoworld

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, Yes, Yes, I reside in the Dallas area (doing the best I can) and Tank has been very quiet. Also doing alot of civic activities. He's a good (not great) DT with a mean streak that he's been able to control. With Tank and Stroud as starters I believe we would have a very good set of DT's. Teams would not be able to double team them both and with a DE/LB thru either FA and/or the draft we would have an improved D. You'd see the safeties/cornerbacks also have a very good year.

Bring em on.

The NFL is about talent. If our football guys think he does not have the talent then fine. If he is talented enough and all the "fans" on this board don't want him that is also fine. But anyone who thinks he has the talent and still does not want him has ZERO right to EVER complain about Ralph again.

All the stuff about distraction is excuse making plain and simple.

No. He's not white with a high motor. I don't think he's qualified to be a Buffalo Bill.

That was fricken hilarious. Kudos, mate.

----

Aside from that, I would really love it if the Bills got him. I think in the absence of the Bills firing Jauron like everyone wanted, they might see going after high-caliber players as the best way to keep fans buying tickets. And frankly, I'd rather they spend the money on players than a new coach. Players have a bigger impact on the game.

To go with Schobel? Schobel needs to be replaced. He is a non impact, over paid, below average player.

Yea, with all of our needs, you want to replace someone who is actually above average when it comes to talent? Let's just replace the whole team while we are at it.

That's great except for the part where DT isn't as much a need as DE. He's kept his nose clean, and that's good.

I hate it when a good player can't stay on the field because they don't behave. Total waste of roster space.