WHo is trade bait?

gcb34

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't get better by trading your few good players. Peters will only hold out if the Bill's don't sign him to a deal. Let's sign him to an extension and get him working again.

Or are you hoping that the Bills will strike gold with a new first round draft pick? Based on their record...

Peters for a first rounder. If we don't trade him, he will hold out again.

If they keep him at his current contract, you are probably correct. Why not simply re-do his contract? It is two years overdue, given he is the starting LT.

You don't get better by trading your few good players. Peters will only hold out if the Bill's don't sign him to a deal. Let's sign him to an extension and get him working again.

Or are you hoping that the Bills will strike gold with a new first round draft pick? Based on their record...

First off, Peters getting voted to the pro-bowl this year was a joke. He didn't play well for the 1st half of the season (due to his holdout), so do you really think the Bills FO are gonna deal with that again? Absolutely not.

I agree that we shouldn't get rid of the few valuable players we have, but not if these players are gonna be primadonna's and hold out.

IMO, we should trade Peters and cut Schobel. Schobel might have to go through surgery in February and then go through another 6 months of rehab, so he won't be ready for the season. He's not worth the $8.7 million dollars a year he is getting paid. Our pass rush sucks, we need new DE's. Look at what the Ravens did to Pennington with pressure, 4 INT's & caused a fumble between Pennington & their RB.

If they keep him at his current contract, you are probably correct. Why not simply re-do his contract? It is two years overdue, given he is the starting LT.

I agree that he should get a new contract, but at what price? Do you pay him the same as Long (the rookie LT from Miami) at $11.5 million a year? That's too much. I'd say $7 to $8 million tops.

I agree that he should get a new contract, but at what price? Do you pay him the same as Long (the rookie LT from Miami) at $11.5 million a year? That's too much. I'd say $7 to $8 million tops.

I think that's probably the right starting range. He should get, as a base, what a decent starting LT makes. Then, put incentives/bonuses/escalators for making weight, all workout (or whatever is legal to include), camp, etc. Then, have the contract include escalators to bring him to the elite level, if he plays at the elite level. # of sacks, probowl appearances (yes that is problematic), ALL Pro selections, etc.

Signing bonus big enough to make him happy, and not so big it hurts if you have to let him go, if he decides to hold out two years after signing the contract. The top end of the package should sound HUGE for his PR, while the guarantee should be more realistic for the Bills.

John McCargo. Oh wait, tried that already. I knew trading his lazy ass for a 4th rounder was too good to be true. If it were not for the bulging discs, this may have been the biggest blunder for Bill Polian that never happened.