1988 Vs 2008 Buffalo Bills. Can History Repeat Itself?

Look at the stats from 1988 and compare them to 2008

Especially look at Jim Kellys #s and compare them to Trent Edwards.

:lol:

League rank: Offense Defense

Points Yards Points Yards Takeaways Point Diff Yardage Diff

1988 14 12 3 4 16 5 6

2008 23 25 14 14 27 20 24

Kelly had remarkably crummy stats in 1988. I was going to say something sarcastic until I looked: 59% completions and 15 TDs to 17 INTs. Total rating: 78.2. That'd be good for 28th place this year - between JaMarcus Russell and Kyle Orton. And while passer ratings were lower then, Kelly still only finished 13th. He had had, however, two top-ten seasons in '86 and '87, and rebounded in 1989.

Still, though Kelly didn't get the big numbers until they hired him Ted Marchibroda.

I wonder if a bigtime offensive coordinator would help Mr. Edwards?

Kelly had remarkably crummy stats in 1988. I was going to say something sarcastic until I looked: 59% completions and 15 TDs to 17 INTs. Total rating: 78.2. That'd be good for 28th place this year - between JaMarcus Russell and Kyle Orton. And while passer ratings were lower then, Kelly still only finished 13th. He had had, however, two top-ten seasons in '86 and '87, and rebounded in 1989.

Still, though Kelly didn't get the big numbers until they hired him Ted Marchibroda.

I wonder if a bigtime offensive coordinator would help Mr. Edwards?

See now youre thinking...

PLUS... JIMBO palyed in the USFL and then had been in buffalo since 85?

We need to give Trent another year to see how he does...

Here's the most important stat to compare: 1988 Bills 12-4 & made it to the AFC Championship game. 2008 Bills 7-9, 2-8 in last 10 games-only way to get to AFC Championship game is with a ticket.

Not too hard to figure it out when you look at it that way huh?

I didn't look at the stats but I know the 1988 team had 4 future HOF's in Kelly, Smith, Reed and a rookie by the name of Thomas. The 2008 team had uuuuugggghhhhhh :lol:

Of course you didn't know that in 1988. And if anybody would have told you that there are 4 future HOF's on the team back then... Would you have laughed?

Of course you didn't know that in 1988. And if anybody would have told you that there are 4 future HOF's on the team back then... Would you have laughed?

Kelly was easily predictable..as was Bruce--who was already dominating . 1988's team was a bruising and excellent defensive team.