Stats that tell the story....

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheer Up!

The numbers ARE close and thats the point. WE NEED PASS RUSH!

I agree that Dick Sucks! However, i dont think we are far off... Thats my point.

The only point your stats make is that the Bills should have been 10-6, but Dickie boy blew three games outright with his game time coaching decisions and terrible clock management. Basically, under a good coach, an improved Bills record of 13-3 would only net them about a 10-6 under jauron the Moron....still short of making the playoffs. The Bills have NO chance under this regime and I would submit to all fans, if you must, to listen to the games on radio next year...if you get my drift.

Nice post...but you left out the biggest stat.

Turnover differential:

Miami +17

Tennessee +14

Baltimore +13

Indy +9

Giants +9

Carolina +6

San Diego +4

Pittsburgh +4

Philly +3

Arizona E

Atlanta -3

Minnesota -6

Buffalo -8

And is fumbling/ INTs on Jauron??? Because if it is, then he deserves a lot of credit for having the Bills be amongst the best in the NFL in 2007. The way I see it, Jauron has had one slightly above average year (2006), one good year (2007), and one terrible year (2008). Again, I'm not thrilled with the decision but what has changing coaching staffs every 2 or 3 years brought us in the last decade???

Are you implying that SD's passing % beat the Colts on Saturday? I would hardly say that is so. Rivers 20/36 (55.6%) for 217 yards.

Unless you are implying that if their numbers in this category were higher during the regular season, they could have won the division and had the bye this past week....

IIRC, 4 or 5 of his incompletions were balls thrown into the turf to avoid a sack.

Key factor here: The Bills played crummy teams. Against this schedule, yeah, maybe we could go 9-7/10-6 next year. But we don't have it again.

And we don't know how next year schedule will be either. Before the season, the Seahawks were a consistent divisional champ, Cleveland was a trendy playoff pick, and people had the Jags in the Super Bowl. Miami and Atl were gonna be the worse in the league.

For as bad as people say their schedule was, they played half their game against playoff and teams with winning records.

And is fumbling/ INTs on Jauron??? Because if it is, then he deserves a lot of credit for having the Bills be amongst the best in the NFL in 2007. The way I see it, Jauron has had one slightly above average year (2006), one good year (2007), and one terrible year (2008). Again, I'm not thrilled with the decision but what has changing coaching staffs every 2 or 3 years brought us in the last decade???

I hear ya. Also, let's hope that Ralph and the front office use the money wisely that was saved by NOT firing Jauron. Eating the supposed 3-year deal would have probably cost somewhere between $6-9 M, plus the additional $2-3M it would have cost for the new coach in 2009. That's $8-12 M that can be spent on improving the team via free agency. If the FO uses that kind of money to improve the glaring needs in the pass rush and pass catching TE departments, I can live with Jauron returning.

Your defense of DJ is without any logical foundation. Dick Jauron has overwhelmingly had a hand in assembling this roster, yet bears no responsibility when it falters according to you. But because our front office is a complete and utter mess, no one person gets blamed when players don't work out. I still maintain that DJ has made personnel decisions that are placed at Guy and Modrak's feet. But he gets from fans like you who can't bring themselves to blame a HC with a 57-77 career record. He's done absolutely nothing to demonstrate he's even an average HC in the NFL.

Your defense of DJ is without any logical foundation. Dick Jauron has overwhelmingly had a hand in assembling this roster, yet bears no responsibility when it falters according to you. But because our front office is a complete and utter mess, no one person gets blamed when players don't work out. I still maintain that DJ has made personnel decisions that are placed at Guy and Modrak's feet. But he gets from fans like you who can't bring themselves to blame a HC with a 57-77 career record. He's done absolutely nothing to demonstrate he's even an average HC in the NFL.

So please tell what your ranting and raving on a message board about Jauron does??? And if you fully read my post, I wasn't happy with the decision to bring Jauron back. But since I'm forced to be a Bills fan (born in Buffalo), I will always try to find positives. So answer the question: what has switching coaching staff every 2 or 3 years for the last decade gotten this team?

In 2007, Jauron did about as good of a job as a coach could do given the circumstances. He led an injury depleted team to a top 5 finish in penalties and turnover ratio. this year, he did a really bad job.

I didn't really intent to defend Jauron. But I'm so sick of this whining and woe is me attitude. Jauron isn't the best coach and he isn't the worse. My hope is that DJ realizes the wekness in this team (pass rushing and middle of the line play) and will address it. The draft and FAcy will tell a lot about if Jauron gets it. But I'm not gonna spend the whole offseason jsut being miserable. The moves are done and we have to live with. If you want to just hate everything Bilsl-related, good for you.

It was a frustrating year, but I remember the Titans being in the same situation. I clearly remember a failed field goal attempt because time ran out on Jeff Fisher. If the Bills keep blowing up the roster, they will continue to have horrible teams. We will wait another three years to fire the head coach after missing he playoffs for three years.

Trent Edwards needs time to develop just like Eli Manning. I really believe he is going to be a good quarterback.

I hope the Bills continue get good players, and hopefully, they will get a decent backup quarterback. How many games did JP lose. Frankly, everybody says it was a bad decision to let JP throw the ball vs. the Jets, but I feel that was all on JP. He looked like Rob Johnson in that game.

They need more weapons on offense and more playmakers on defense.

And we don't know how next year schedule will be either. Before the season, the Seahawks were a consistent divisional champ, Cleveland was a trendy playoff pick, and people had the Jags in the Super Bowl. Miami and Atl were gonna be the worse in the league.

For as bad as people say their schedule was, they played half their game against playoff and teams with winning records.

schedule of teams we play came out 2 weeks ago dude

So please tell what your ranting and raving on a message board about Jauron does??? And if you fully read my post, I wasn't happy with the decision to bring Jauron back. But since I'm forced to be a Bills fan (born in Buffalo), I will always try to find positives. So answer the question: what has switching coaching staff every 2 or 3 years for the last decade gotten this team?

In 2007, Jauron did about as good of a job as a coach could do given the circumstances. He led an injury depleted team to a top 5 finish in penalties and turnover ratio. this year, he did a really bad job.

I didn't really intent to defend Jauron. But I'm so sick of this whining and woe is me attitude. Jauron isn't the best coach and he isn't the worse. My hope is that DJ realizes the wekness in this team (pass rushing and middle of the line play) and will address it. The draft and FAcy will tell a lot about if Jauron gets it. But I'm not gonna spend the whole offseason jsut being miserable. The moves are done and we have to live with. If you want to just hate everything Bilsl-related, good for you.

Its the buffalo "i am a victim" mentality!

Thanks for the work - I wish more people would post stats vs. just an opinion (not saying opinions are something people should not post but it would be nice to know - why someone holds the opinion and what information they used to formulate it).

Stats seem to support the notion that there is a "fine line" between winning and losing in the NFL. Missing from your analysis is turnovers. The Bills killed themselves with them. Two games were lost as a direct outcome of turnovers the Jests is the most obvious and I would then add the Cleveland game to the list. Good teams / winning teams create breaks for themselves.

Hidden in the stats is also the idea that the Bills have not been good at getting first downs at critical times in the game. Think about the 8 minute drive the Cheatriots had on us in the first game this season. They killed the clocka and iced the game. Buffalo has not shown an ability to do the same.

Then I would say turnovers lost us 3 games directly, both Jets games and the Browns game.

You made a post about DJ's positives and his work. I simply answered and rebutted your opinion with my opinion. If you don't like people answering you, don't post.

Regardless, Baltimore had 17 guys on IR this year, a rookie HC, and a rookie QB. They went 11-5. I'd say right now that Tony Sparano, John Harbaugh, and Mike Smith are just plain better HC's than DJ, who has coached in more than 130.

Keeping continuity on the coaching staff is an excuse and merely a talking point for the OBD spin doctors. Fans are demanding results, and the coaches clearly are not good enough. When RW had the chance to make changes after repeated failures, he declined. And cited bad offensive performance, yet the team scored 84 more points in 08 than 07. That was a copout and as some have said, way to distance DJ from the team failures. Yet it's clear DJ has his hands all around the offense.

I've watched this team lose for nine straight seasons. My last memory of a playoff game is the Tennessee debacle. So I think any Bills fan who has weathered the past 9 years has a right to complain. I am demanding some accountability (new GM, HC) in the wake of going 7-9 again. But then again, I'm just "whining."

A lot can change now and before the season dude. My point was our schedule was much tougher last year at the start of the season.

Sorry, we had one of the easiest SOS going into the season, based on the 2007 records.

http://www.theredzone.org/strength.asp

Jauron is a career loser, and one more season isn't going to change that. There's no point in continuity when you are working with crap. Better off to take chances on something that may be better than to stick with the worthless crap you've got just because the next thing might be worse. (to be honest, it can't get much worse. Even if a new coach went 6-10 next season, its better than what the Bills will go under jauron)