Stats that tell the story....

The owners blew up their teams in Atlanta,Baltimore and Miami and it helped tremendously as all three are in the playoffs this season. The big difference is Miami and Atlanta is that they changed their front office structure in Thomas Dimitroff and Bill Parcells,Dimitroff was scouting director for the Patriots the year before.

With the Ravens it was fairly clear that Brian Billick had lost the team with the horrid performance they displayed last year and the only change needed was head coach. The Ravens were reported to be thinking of replacing Billick the year earlier even after they had made the playoffs and went 13-3, the Ravens owner demands success.

The problem with the Bills is swapping a 1.5 mil a year coach for another 1.5 mill a year coach probably won't mean an increase in wins as very few decent head coaches will work that cheaply. All three of the above teams mentioned are paying their head coaches 2x as much as Jauron is getting paid.Jauron is making less then some coordinators :unsure:

Also, as long as the Bills have no real GM and the owner is the acting president I don't see them improving over the past few years in any way shape or form irregardless of who is coaching the team. So the Bills are stuck with mediocrity! Just remember that in life,you get what you pay for.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some interesting things to me. Makes me think if we can get some pressure on the QB, trim down the opponents rushing yards per rush by just 1 foot we can give the offense more chances with the ball which will improve EVERYTHING on offense. Hovever... We need to give up less sacks which could be a combo of our O line getting better and wrs getting open (scheme?)

All will be better in Bills land even with Dick!

Yeah, we moved the ball well. We just couldn't score. It was as if all we faced were "bend but don't break" defenses. Horrendous ability to turn drives into points.

Also worth remembering that we put together all those stats against (I forget) either the weakest or the second-weakest schedule in the league. That is very much worth remembering.

I firmly believe the stats give a good indication of where we are as a team. It does not account for "Bonehead Coaching" but is interesting none the less...

Miami, Minnesota and Indianopolis all won TOP and lost their respective games in the playoffs. Stats can be very misleading.

So please tell what your ranting and raving on a message board about Jauron does??? And if you fully read my post, I wasn't happy with the decision to bring Jauron back. But since I'm forced to be a Bills fan (born in Buffalo), I will always try to find positives. So answer the question: what has switching coaching staff every 2 or 3 years for the last decade gotten this team?

In 2007, Jauron did about as good of a job as a coach could do given the circumstances. He led an injury depleted team to a top 5 finish in penalties and turnover ratio. this year, he did a really bad job.

I didn't really intent to defend Jauron. But I'm so sick of this whining and woe is me attitude. Jauron isn't the best coach and he isn't the worse. My hope is that DJ realizes the wekness in this team (pass rushing and middle of the line play) and will address it. The draft and FAcy will tell a lot about if Jauron gets it. But I'm not gonna spend the whole offseason jsut being miserable. The moves are done and we have to live with. If you want to just hate everything Bilsl-related, good for you.

Did you ever stop to think MAYBE the reason for all of the injuries the Bills have had is BECAUSE of Jauron? Perhaps if they had better strength & conditioning & DJ toughened them up by practicing OUTDOORS they would have not had as many injuries & played better. I gave Dick the benefit of the doubt in the past, but NO MORE. In my opinion he is the WORST COACH in the NFL PERIOD.