How I can forgive Ralph

Virgil

It's been almost a week and I'm still crushed by Ralph's decision to keep DJ and his whole staff. I hear what's he saying about his reasoning, but completely disagree. And while the masses should never be allowed to dictate reason, I can't help but get more upset by the fact that I have not read a single article, or seen a single sportscast, that agrees with what Ralph did. I mean, NOT A SINGLE THING! Anyways, what's done is done. So, I was thinking about what could happen in the offseason for Ralph to prove me and everyone else wrong.

I saw the list of Free Agents and the amount of money we have, and must say, while I know that Ralph will not do any of the following things, I can put off hating him for a litttle while thinking about the possibilities.

There are stud o-linemen out there in free-agency. Actually, there are 4 of the 5 starting linemen positions out there who have been to the Pro-Bowl atleast once in the past 3 years. Along with that, Suggs is available as well as Peppers and possibly Hainsworth. So, Ralph, you want to prove to me that you are committed to winning and that the retention of DJ wasn't just out of cheapness, open the wallet. This is one of the better offseason's we've seen in a while for positions we need upgrades at.

In Summary, this is how you shut me, and hopefully some of you all, up.

QB - Draft one in round 3-5 that can either be the future is Trent proves to breakable or be a great back-up

RB - Re-Sign Jackson, and leave everything else alone

FB - Lorenzo Neal is available. If you plan on using a FB, there you go.

WR - I'm personally okay here. I think Johnson deserves more looks, but I blame the system and QB play more here

TE - There are two solid Free Agents out there, two Pro-Bowlers requesting Trades, and a few good rookies out there. Pick one, keep Derek Fine, and kick Robert Royal's ass out of here

O-Line - Open up the wallet and introduce yourself to the Free Agency Market. Re-Sign Jason Peters. Just suck it up. I don't care if he made the Pro-Bowl on reputation and came off like a whiny girl, he's still the best option available.

DL - Keep Stroud as he got double-teamed all year and still held his own. Cut Kelsay, he is overpaid and just plain pisses me off. Depending on the cap hit, you could cut Schobel too. I'm sorry, but i've just never seen it. All his sacks are coverage sacks. Go get Peppers, other Free Agents, or Draft someone. If you get Haynesworth, although I doubt he'll even be available, I will personally write you an apology letter. Seriously, Stroud and Haynesworth. I would love to see DJ mess that up (which I do believe he can).

LB - Depending on what Crowell wants money wise, I'd consider it. Once again, in the honor of forgive and forget, the man helped us out a lot and is an upgrade. Sign Suggs. I don't care how, just find a way. In either case, still draft another LB in April.

DB - I'm good here.

S - I could see this being our first pick depending on quality. I would love to see a ball-hawk Free safety that will allow us to let Donte roam around.

K/P - Lindell was perfect for a while there. I still have faith regardless of the misses. Who else you gonna get?

End result, it's rare that all the holes you have are available to be filled with the appropriate Free Agents. The only thing they need is the money, which we have. So Poney Up Ralph.

Also, I would love to see us go 3-4 on D. I know it won't happen, but I think it needs to be done. The Tampa 2 "contain" style blows.

Lastly, you know what the scary thing is. When I see so many of our "cast-offs" starting on teams and being part of dominant schemes, I wonder if we realy are just a team with horrible schemes that kill souls. Seriously, who would have thought that Bannan and Leonard would start on a team like the Ravens who are second in the league in D?

Currently, there are 31 other teams with message boards saying, "You know what we should do this offseason? Get Peppers and Haynesworth." I doubt either plays in a different uniform next season.

+1 the Nills won't be getting anyone top-shelf this offseason.

Seriously, who would have thought that Bannan and Leonard would start on a team like the Ravens who are second in the league in D?

Obviously not the coaching staff here. Don't forget Coy Wire. Or Mike Gandy. Or....oh hell, what's the use. Oh, and McGahee was a dick, but he's looking more like a prophet now, ain't he, with his Toronto comments? Think everybody at 1BD knows what we're all too naive to know? Just wondering.

It is tough to take but just remember everybody seems to be leaving Buffalo but Ralph kept the Bills here regardless of some of the other things he has done we owe him that. Remember when Buffalo and Western NY used to be a prosperous place to live? Where will we be if the Bills leave?

Obviously not the coaching staff here. Don't forget Coy Wire. Or Mike Gandy. Or....oh hell, what's the use. Oh, and McGahee was a dick, but he's looking more like a prophet now, ain't he, with his Toronto comments? Think everybody at 1BD knows what we're all too naive to know? Just wondering.

McGahee was in the dog house of Harbaugh at the beginning of the season...The guy did not even enter the field even when he was dressed up.....

It is tough to take but just remember everybody seems to be leaving Buffalo but Ralph kept the Bills here regardless of some of the other things he has done we owe him that. Remember when Buffalo and Western NY used to be a prosperous place to live? Where will we be if the Bills leave?

I always felt Buffalo could be a prosperous place once again if the politicians could do more than keep raising personal and business taxes. Instead of constant talking they need to do something to attract and retain businesses like develop a credible growth plan and execute it. Cities like Baltimore used to be real dumps (some parts still are) until they got it together and developed a master plan that contained things like developing the harbor area. There's no reason Buffalo cannot do something similar.

The area has abundant natural resources (e.g. lots of fresh water, wind farm potential) and open space, a relatively low cost of living, hard working people, good colleges, proximity to Canada, and except for a little snow (which if its 2 feet is handled better than an inch where I live now), a very low likelihood of natural disaster. If only local and state officials would start thinking about making the small market a bigger market. Longer term this would solve the problem of supporting the team and keeping it in Buffalo.

If I'm a little off-topic I apologize.

That said, I expect the Bills to sign a couple free agents but I wouldn't expect any of the marquee players to be among them. We're going to need an exceptional draft and immediate contributions because of the brutal schedule next year.

I always felt Buffalo could be a prosperous place once again if the politicians could do more than keep raising personal and business taxes. Instead of constant talking they need to do something to attract and retain businesses like develop a credible growth plan and execute it.

So, what you are saying is .... Buffalo will never again be a prosperous place?

McGahee's an OK RB, but he was certainly not "prophetic" in his musings about Buffalo's food. I was just home for Christmas and oh my god the food is unbelievable. The fact that he thought Buffalo is full of chains is preposterous, I've never been to a city (maybe NYC) with a higher percentage of independently owned restaurants. Nevermind, I hate him.

I read someplace that Indy is going to have issues with their cap. Due to the upcapped year they can't roll over dollars or something. Indy might have to cut Marvin Harrison. If htat is the case how are the Bills going to sign all those players.