Bills 2008 Player salaries

actually my point isn't so much about Haynesworth but that sometimes it might be better to spend a huge amount on a superstar than to spend the same amount on 2 or 3 lessor talents.

Ask Dallas, Washington, Oakland and the Jets how that is working out for them...

Overpaying huge for one talent has never equaled winning in the NFL for any team ever...not once. So how is this better?

Look at the last super bowl winners of the last 7 years...Pitt, NE, Indy, Balt, NYG...name one player who they these teams grossly over paid for to get them over the top? In fact, NE and Pitt let players walk rather than pay them what they can get elsewhere and yet are always amongst the Elite teams.

You build winning teams by drafting well and bringing in players that fit your scheme and system, not just dump huge amounts to get one player...we are no where near "1 player away" from being a SB Champ.

My goodness, you want to pay these guys less ? A seven win team, some twenty million under the cap seems almost a bargain.

I'll look into it,

Ralph

The only thing stopping RW now is the minimum amount which must be spent as per the CBA. If it weren't for that, we'd be in Florida Marlins territory circa 1998.

I still can't believe Roscoe made 4.2 million according to that list.

And to think Fred Jackson, a guy who contributed so much more than Roscoe, made $376,000. Almost 10 times less than our punt returner/gimmick receiver.

Chris Kelsay at 5 million and some of those offensive lineman numbers make me wonder who the hell is running this team and handing out these deals...

Thank you ... the Roscoe thing hit me immediately. $.2 large to return punts and pretend he is an NFL receiver. Unbelievable. As i posted in an earlier topic .. I wish the Bills would have traded him.

Trade Parrish Thread

Why do people keep talking like Haynesworth is someone we had a shot at? He is NOT leaving Tenn and they have already begun contract talks. He WANTS to stay and Tenn WANTS him to stay and is gonna pay him...

Geezus, enough of Haynesworth talk...might as well talk about bringing in Manning, Ed Reed, Ware, or some other stud, becasue it has about as much likely hood as Haynesworth.

But of course, the posters on here will find a way to blame Ralph for not signing a player that has zero percent chance of coming here...

:nana::doh::angry:

by who?? not most people who are bills fans....

No, just pro bowl voters. :wallbash: