The quote that sent me over the edge

"Keeping Coach Jauron shows that at the end of the day this team is trying to win and ultimately go in the right direction towards making the playoffs," tight end Robert Royal said. "Having the same guy fighting with the players who have been here and striving for the same goal, it's a great feeling." :wallbash:

That just goes to show how insulated and out of touch even the players are. For a player like Royal, who has been one of the most glaring problems on this team, to have the sense that both he and Jauron deserve to be back and are making any sort of progress here towards a goal is preposterous. On any other team, it would be made abundantly clear to Royal just how precarious his roster spot was and how badly he undererformed all season.

That there's even a question that not only Jauron, but other guys like Royal who don't belong in the NFL would be back next year is ridiculous. But in Bills' world...it's all good.

The inmates are truly running the asylum.

The only player who might have made it even worse might have been Duke Preston. But yeah, exactly. The players simply don't have the skill among them to make good on the promises they are about to start making. Watch for them. They're gonna be good signature material.

"Keeping Coach Jauron shows that at the end of the day this team is trying to win and ultimately go in the right direction towards making the playoffs," tight end Robert Royal said. "Having the same guy fighting with the players who have been here and striving for the same goal, it's a great feeling." :wallbash:

That just goes to show how insulated and out of touch even the players are. For a player like Royal, who has been one of the most glaring problems on this team, to have the sense that both he and Jauron deserve to be back and are making any sort of progress here towards a goal is preposterous. On any other team, it would be made abundantly clear to Royal just how precarious his roster spot was and how badly he undererformed all season.

That there's even a question that not only Jauron, but other guys like Royal who don't belong in the NFL would be back next year is ridiculous. But in Bills' world...it's all good.

The inmates are truly running the asylum.

So true! Legends in their own minds. I guess Royal thinks 76,000 show up every Sunday to watch HIM. He is such a joke!

The only player who might have made it even worse might have been Duke Preston. But yeah, exactly. The players simply don't have the skill among them to make good on the promises they are about to start making. Watch for them. They're gonna be good signature material.

Come on, the player that makes you want to choke on your own vomit every time you hear him speak of continuity has to be Chris Kelsay. Just because of how much money he makes compared to Royal and Preston.

Of course they want him back so they can keep their spots and enjoy the soft camps of Dick! Kelsey was saying the same thing as Royal. The whole organization is a joke. I am sure everyone around the league is laughing, again. Can't wait to hear how they try to spin this to the season ticket holders. Wouldn't want to be the guy in charge of ticket sales. Nothing will change until the team is sold. And then the team goes away.

"Keeping Coach Jauron shows that at the end of the day this team is trying to win and ultimately go in the right direction towards making the playoffs," tight end Robert Royal said. "Having the same guy fighting with the players who have been here and striving for the same goal, it's a great feeling." :doh:

In no way am I defending Royal's play, and I would prefer to read no quote from him...but, what exactly would you have liked him to say, after finding out his HC was retained?

"I can't believe they retained coach Jauron. He sucks. Hey, I suck, too...so there ya go. We will never win with guys like me and Dick on the sideline."

If you find it helpful to beat yourself up with every quote, looking for code, or something, be my guest. But, this quote has NOTHING to do with why the team is good or bad.

EDITED!

In no way am I defending Royal's play, and I would prefer to read no quote from him...but, what exactly would you have liked him to say, after finding out his HC was retained?

"I can't believe they fired coach Jauron. He sucks. Hey, I suck, too...so there ya go. We will never win with guys like me and Dick on the sideline."

If you find it helpful to beat yourself up with every quote, looking for code, or something, be my guest. But, this quote has NOTHING to do with why the team is good or bad.

No, it's better for the players and coaches to hate each and admit that they suck according to posters here.

No, it's better for the players and coaches to hate each and admit that they suck according to posters here.

Exactly.

BTW, I meant to say "retained" in the hypothetical Royal quote, not "fired". My bad. I edited the post.

"I can't believe they retained coach Jauron. He sucks. Hey, I suck, too...so there ya go. We will never win with guys like me and Dick on the sideline."

EDITED!

The quote has a lot to do with why this team is bad. They are a bunch of soft kiss arses.

After that last sequence of the first half Trent should have blown a fuse...and should have been ranting about the stupidity of his arfing team. Any real competitor wouldn't be wussing out with the."oh I'll have to check the film..and evaluate the season" crap. This team is a disgrace...-Maybe Marshawn--as he matures--can take the lead and get some character developed on this team.

The quote has a lot to do with why this team is bad. They are a bunch of soft kiss arses.

After that last sequence of the first half Trent should have blown a fuse...and should have been ranting about the stupidity of his arfing team. Any real competitor wouldn't be wussing out with the."oh I'll have to check the film..and evaluate the season" crap. This team is a disgrace...-Maybe Marshawn--as he matures--can take the lead and get some character developed on this team.

Tell me what he should have said, then.

It's fine if others don't see a problem with what I perceive to be the team's mindset during and following this season. Maybe it's just me, but it bugs me a lot. I don't like these guys pi**ing on my leg and tellin' me it's raining.

I find laughable that after the colossal sh*t sandwich they served us this season that, to a man, they want to justify continuity of leadership and personnel and expect us to buy into it. I don't expect Royal to say "gee, I suck" (his play speaks for itself) but after this season, to act as if his play and his preferences are factors that warrant the return of Dickie J is maddening.

For a professional sports organization, 0-6 for the division should mean a lot more than whether or not the coach is a swell guy...but every statement from every one with a microphone in front of him belies that premise. Royal's just bugged me more than others. It just doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy to see these guys loving each other up right now and I'm not going to applaud their enthusiasm for getting the band back together.

Doesn't mean that I want a maniac at head coach working the sidelines screaming at everyone or for these guys to hate being a part of the organization. But in the grand scheme of things, the fact that they think it's important to keep telling us that their coach is such a swell guy in the face of how godawful he and they have been is beyond irritating. If the priority is on these guys feeling like every week is a boy scout jamboree instead of not being the laughingstock of the league, then this team will continue to circle the drain....